Summers

Viscera - Obsidian (2020)

39 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Y'all are in for one hell of a ride.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

8Nk56Da.jpg

This is super tasty. Just in time for a butthole splitting workout. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know why and how and for what reason I slept on these guys for so long but this shit definitely woke me up, fucking banger.

• Upvote 1

cover is a bit meh, but the singles on this thing have been pure fire

Kaboom, here comes the best UK metal release this year so far! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

AOTY 2020 list might end up having a deathcore album on it again.

This is ridiculously sick. 

Fav songs: Delilah, Lamb to the Slaughter, Carpe Noctem and Lilith/Obsidian.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Just got a notification saying my pre-order shipped for this beast. Was going to wait it out but now I don't think I can wait lol Thanks for posting!!

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

This is a 320 CD rip? Or a 256 CD rip?

When downloading it says 320, but the post says 256.

IT IS FUCKING TIME, LADS.

I'M FUCKING READY.

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

14 minutes ago, DaddyMac said:

This is a 320 CD rip? Or a 256 CD rip?

When downloading it says 320, but the post says 256.

Four of the files are 256 transcodes, and the other half are 320.

Hte78Wz.png

• Downvote 2

ASREFBHLKEYUIZBYRDFEF I LOVE FOXES

ezgif-6-e69b989195bc.gif

3 minutes ago, Foxlass said:

Four of the files are 256 transcodes, and the other half are 320.

Hte78Wz.png

Not transcodes 

• Upvote 1

It was ripped using iTunes whose encoders make the files look terrible spectrally and in turn make some files appear to be transcodes. Instead of being overly analytical and bitching about quality/transcodes, can we not just enjoy the fact that we got this earlier than what we normally would? Also learn the facts and check specs yourself instead of being lazy and depending on a program to tell you if it's a transcode or not, because it's obviously incorrect.

• Upvote 8

8Nk56Da.jpg

not a fan of deathcore, but you guys were right about LS, so here I go downloading again

• Upvote 2

@Rorschach I was only curious what it was, I've got no issues personally, was only curious. Sounds perfectly fine to me either way. I can understand what you mean though about those being ungrateful and complaining over it though, and that's pretty ignorant.

• Upvote 2

Just finished my first run through and this album is fucking massive. Loaded with tons of change ups, hooks, riffs and clean vocal choruses that are bigger than life, Obsidian is a Technical Metalcore fan's wet dream, especially if one of their favorite bands from the style is Within The Ruins. I've been hyped about this release since listening to the singles and I can say the hype has been met fully. Viscera are a band to keep under your radar in the future, they're already fucking killing it.

Title track is easily my early favorite so far. That groove is just FUCKING HUGE. Song motherfucking destroys everything.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

It was ripped using iTunes whose encoders make the files look terrible spectrally and in turn make some files appear to be transcodes. Instead of being overly analytical and bitching about quality/transcodes, can we not just enjoy the fact that we got this earlier than what we normally would? Also learn the facts and check specs yourself instead of being lazy and depending on a program to tell you if it's a transcode or not, because it's obviously incorrect.

I wasn't even complaining. He asked what was up with it, and I used the program I had (and analyzed the spectrogram) and told him what it said. I never claimed to be any sort of professional, nor did I know about the iTunes thing. My apologies, I really didn't mean to start anything. I thought I was just answering his question. 

ASREFBHLKEYUIZBYRDFEF I LOVE FOXES

ezgif-6-e69b989195bc.gif

27 minutes ago, Foxlass said:

I wasn't even complaining. He asked what was up with it, and I used the program I had (and analyzed the spectrogram) and told him what it said. I never claimed to be any sort of professional, nor did I know about the iTunes thing. My apologies, I really didn't mean to start anything. I thought I was just answering his question. 

Think it’s more of just a statement for people who use that program, me myself I find it pretty annoying when someone comes in flaunting that program and claiming it’s a transcode and what have you when it’s not because it makes us look bad and it comes across ungrateful even though that’s not your intention here 

• Upvote 2

Definitely on my 2020 AOTY list. This is just too goddamn good.

• Upvote 1

Sorry about those first few tracks all, was gonna try to rerip with EAC but got busy right after submitting/talking with Summers. Hope everyone enjoys, and glad Jamie is back in the scene!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

The time has come. Might need a helmet for this.

• Upvote 1

This is fucking unreal. It's kinda like Beneath the Massacre toned down a bit but this is just straight up nutty and fantastic stuff. Very refreshing sound for deathcore in 2020.

• Upvote 2

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

On 3/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, Kyo said:

Sorry about those first few tracks all, was gonna try to rerip with EAC but got busy right after submitting/talking with Summers. Hope everyone enjoys, and glad Jamie is back in the scene!

No need to be sorry, my guy. If anything, listening to this excellent album makes me sure to hit up Unique Leader's Bandcamp when this release drops Friday for superior quality. It's worth the $9. Thank you so much for the submission!

Unique Leader always has the best bands. When they give the spotlight to a metalcore/deathcore band it usually means they're especially good. Single is extremely promising.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, InsidAero said:

Unique Leader always has the best bands. When they give the spotlight to a metalcore/deathcore band it usually means they're especially good. Single is extremely promising.

Might be a premature opinion, but Viscera might just be the best core band Unique Leader has signed. Even better than Signs Of The Swarm, who were my favorite before.

Edit: And even Krosis, who dropped a pretty damn good album last month.

• Upvote 1

Man, I have missed Jamie Graham's vocals. HOAC was one of my favorite bands. I was sad when they split ways with him. Glad to see he has found a new home. 

• Upvote 1

PSP JEsus.gif

320 added!

This and Lorna Shore's Immortal are the core albums to go up against in 2020. Everyone better step the fuck up the next several months!