Chief

Silverstein - A Beautiful Place to Drown (2020)

94 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

eXCUSEEE ME WHAT?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

Here we go! 

giphy.gif.42c95e5d5a30c997951c45c7cf891e5f.gif

Just gave it all a listen. Love it! Going to be on repeat when the 320 Quality comes out soon. Thanks KL

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

WOOOOO! LET'S GAAAOOO

STYGKL_1.gif

Ill just wait for leak day tomorrow for the 320. Thanks though for the up.

• Upvote 2

HOLD THE PHONE

• Haha 1

FreePSP.gif

REAL SHIT?!

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

LETS GO BOIS FUCKING HELL YEAH

Even though this is a more poppy/alt rock sort of album than what we are used to I still dig it

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Holy shit this features Simple Plan? EXCUSE ME?? And Caleb Shomo too

Let's get this bread

Love that Silverstein's keeping saxcore alive on All On Me

• Love 1

20200902_221303.jpg

Silverstein - A Beautiful Place to Drown Review:

Bad Habits (feat. Intervals) - Very bloody catchy love it - 4.5/5
Burn It Down (feat. Caleb Shomo) - another great catchy song - 4.5/5
Where Are You - Nice groove to it. - 4/5
Infinite (feat. Aaron Gillespie) - Favourite track by far. Beats, Vocals everything great - 5/5
Shape Shift - solid track - 4/5
All On Me - Different vibe for the album for sure. To me it doesnt suit it. But its just ok. - 3/5
Madness (feat. Princess Nokia) - poppy but solid and catchy - 4/5
Say Yes! - First off into that. Did they become hedley for a track lol. Really sounds like them in this track. 3/5
Stop - catchy track - 4/5
September 14th - ok this one i think is just tooooo poppy for an album - 2/5
Coming Down - ok catchy - 4/5
Take What You Give (feat. Simple Plan) - Its ok - 3.5/5

The Redux album is what showed me Silverstein and maybe the odd song in This Is How the Wind Shifts.

This album is pretty poppy but otherwise pretty solid tracks.

45.5/60 = 0.75833333

76/100

• Haha 3

There's really not much lasting value to this, singles already hinted at how extremely overproduced and sterile this will be but it still is them at their most manufactured and honestly pretty mediocre self, at parts feels like they're doing some ADTR schtick with their sound..?

I guess for the most part they're okay catchy songs but really, this is easily the most superficial Silverstein, besides September 14th nothing here really sounds like them and it's honestly probably the coolest song on the album. I also thought All On Me with the toned down, slightly electronic approach really worked well, the sax was a solid addition too.

The album wasn't a chore to listen through but I also really don't ever wanna do it again. Maybe if I was 16 and it was 2010 this would do me wonders, not anymore.

I'm just kinda weirded out with their discography at this point. They seem to have matured incredibly well with This Is How The Wind Shifts and I Am Alive In Everything I Touch, and then Dead Reflection was sort of a misstep IMO but it's still not even close to whatever the mediocre shit this is. Hope the next one's better! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 3

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Ok, so I have a question I hope someone knows the answer to. 

Why are albums put up only in 128 if they are early before leak day?

Seems to happen every time.

Is this for some legal reason that will keep the site out of trouble?

Love to learn why this is.

Just now, SMGTunes said:

Ok, so I have a question I hope someone knows the answer to. 

Why are albums put up only in 128 if they are early before leak day?

Seems to happen every time.

Is this for some legal reason that will keep the site out of trouble?

Love to learn why this is.

My guess would be because they are webrips but I'm no expert

• Upvote 1

@desk 

Maturing can also mean knowing how to write and produce songs that make money by having broader appeal to a larger audience to support their families.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Austin Doujin said:

My guess would be because they are webrips but I'm no expert

This. This is it.

Patiently waiting for 320. Excited about this release.

Just now, SMGTunes said:

@desk 

Maturing can also mean knowing how to write and produce songs that make money by having broader appeal to a larger audience to support their families.

lol

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

First of all, That artwork is gorgeous.

Second of all. This album is pretty good! I think the singles they put out were a good indicator of what to expect. The guitar solo in Bad Habits being a personal Favourite moment of the singles.

As for the non singles, i think there is a good mix of a adaption into what is popular in 2020. Songs like Where Are You are a pretty great example of this with the "Woah,oh,ohs" in the chorus paired with the Djenty,sketchy riff in the background. 

Good tracks on here, couple of duds, but honestly, a good effort and a good listen. Keen to spin this one in 320 when it comes out. 

Best Track? Madness

Worst Track? Shape Shift

• Upvote 2

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

man, consider me optimistically wary.  on one hand, Silverstein seems to get better with each release, but... those singles have me worried. 

The songs are GOOD. I like them as songs.

But this is the first album of theirs that doesn't quite FEEL Silverstein, which personally most of this album ranking under a lot of their decent album tracks for me. I'd honestly rather them still feel like the same band rather than just writing good music lol.

• Upvote 1

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

I've always held this band in high regard, both live and on albums. While this album is far from their best, I still enjoyed my listen through it and I'm sure I'll go back to some of these songs in the future. Favorites off it are September 14th, Shape Shift, Coming Down, and Stop. 

Finished it earlier today. It's not a bad album. Is it the best Silverstein album? Not quite. It's more pop-punk and alternative rock/hard rock than the earlier albums, but is it a bad thing? No.

The first half of the album is alt/hard rock with a slight metal influence here and there, while the second half (except Stop) dives into a pop-punk terrority you'd rather hear with Simple Plan (and the last song is literally a Simple Plan song, not to mention the singer of SP features there). There seems to be a very slight Papa Roach influence aswell on one of the songs, can't remember which one it was. 

Madness might be the heaviest song on the album, though that does not mean that there isn't any heavyness to follow. "Stop" likes to play around with hard rock/pop-punk and a breakdown, along with Shane screaming the album's title. 

Then there is a song like "All On Me", that sounds like Silverstein's version of That's the Spirit's album closer "Oh No", along with saxophone solo. 

Overall, it is nice to hear Silverstein experiment and it is a pretty good album, but not the best Silverstein album. Still, the album might have opened the doors for more experimentation. The album art however is awesome, so that was done 100% right. 

I will not name my favorite songs just yet, that will happen tomorrow when the 320kbps one drops. But if you like Simple Plan, Papa Roach and the rather alt rock side of Silverstein's Dead Reflection, or just love yourself some pop-punk/alt rock, you will probably enjoy this album. 

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

This is an amazing and very solid album start to finish. Absolutely love this album. 

Very decent album thanks for the early leak 

Nice up, I'll hold out for higher quality either later today or tomorrow. Seeing them on Sunday

Arrivals & Departures still best album imo :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

After listening, this is exactly in my wheelhouse for my favorite taste in music.

Pop produced rock, with a bit of heavy here and there.

Absolutely loving it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1