Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Thundercat - It Is What It Is (2020)

11 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Unrequited Love! So happy he actually put that track on his album, thanks so much @Summers!

oh yeaahh, didnt knew about this

OH SHIT!!! It Is What It Is...till it ain't. RIP Mac. Black Qualls was great and Dragonball Durag sold me on this album already, time to listen :) 

That Zack Fox feature is bound to be fire. Here's his previous work for the uninitiated.

EDIT: I don't know why I didn't expect this, I knew he was super close to Mac but it still caught me off guard.

I like this album so much more than Drunk, it's relatively short, super concise and still diverse. Starts off super spacey then transitions beautifully into Innerstellar Love which is so fucking jazzyyy it's not even funny. Then it goes into his more upbeat/goofy signature vibe, seems fitting that the peak of the album in terms of atmosphere is about flying (also that Gambino feature on Black Qualls is such a fucking tease). The last tracks go into a lot more sorrowful mood, from Fair Chance to the end is such a heartbreaking combination of songs. 

• Upvote 2

jpUJCRq.gif

Damn, that's early. Thank you very much, I was looking forward to this release.

Hell yeah can't wait to peep this! 

DragonBall Durag is still my favorite but Fair chance with Ty dolla is a great feature as well. 

This album SLAPS. Been listening to it non-stop since Sunday!! I Love Louis Cole, Black Qualls, KOTH, & DB Durag are my favorites

• Downvote 1

FLAC added!