Chief

Dance Gavin Dance - Lyrics Lie [Single] (2020)

66 posts in this topic

Not even close to Prisoner, sadly. It's also crazy repetitive somehow, what the fuck is up with that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Other Releases by

41 minutes ago, Codeorange2 said:

The third song is in spanish. And theres a little rap thrown in on a couple songs. 

I am on board with this

• Upvote 3

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

45 minutes ago, Codeorange2 said:

The third song is in spanish. And theres a little rap thrown in on a couple songs. 

Wait like completely in Spanish? No English lyrics?

fuck my ass tilian doing those harsher vocals like on mothership MMMMMM

1 hour ago, Codeorange2 said:

Are you just saying that cuz the song is Spanish for Global Warming, or do you somehow have information? Also, the "little rap thrown in on a couple songs" is almost expected, so I'm doubtful you have inside info lol

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

39 minutes ago, DIMENSIONAUT IN 3D said:

Are you just saying that cuz the song is Spanish for Global Warming, or do you somehow have information? Also, the "little rap thrown in on a couple songs" is almost expected, so I'm doubtful you have inside info lol

He has the whole album from rise's haulix, and he was the one who leaked the track listing before the first single was even announced.

• Upvote 1

For now 2/2 singles are the best i ve heard from them. This album will be a good stuff to my collection!!!

• Confused 1

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

anyone else not being impressed by DGD anymore? I mean I LOVE this band but I feel like they have been putting out so much of the same music in relatively short periods of time. It's getting to be a bit stale. 

• Upvote 4

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Holy shit a new song already?

Edit: And it's a banger! this band I swear...

RnmmCRF.gif

Beautiful

Consider me a part of the church of DGD cause this sounds like aoty material to me

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

The guitar riffs in this are just insane.  Cool to hear Tilian scream.  And was that bongos I heard?!  So far loving the subtle experimentation in these songs.

Afterburner finna fuck lyrically. Prisoner, an anti-religion anthem in the classic DGD style, and now this, which seems to me to be about cancel culture.

20200902_221303.jpg

22 hours ago, Smash_Adams said:

anyone else not being impressed by DGD anymore? I mean I LOVE this band but I feel like they have been putting out so much of the same music in relatively short periods of time. It's getting to be a bit stale. 

To me personally I feel like it’s one of the band out there that find ways to stay fresh. They always add enough little details to keep me hooked. Also the repeatability on most of their songs is top tier. 

People loose their mind around bands like Currents and Polaris which I love don’t get me wrong, but it’s been done 1000 times, do they do it better than a lot of bands?! Of course. But DGD are pioneers in their genre and that’s the whole difference for me personally. But in the end it all comes down to personal tastes and different views on music.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Prisoner was fucking stellar, and this is somehow a step up from that song. At this rate, this album has potential to take down Mothership as their best album. Fuck yes. 

• Upvote 3

I'm honestly not sure what the people commenting on here realistically want from DGD at this point. Not saying you guys are wrong for disliking or not being as interested in it, opinions are opnions and all that, but this has a little of it all... The intro/verses are like the best parts of Instant Gratification, the part with Jon before the chorus sounds very much like Acceptance Speech Jon, the chorus is pretty unique for DGD while also being catchy, the post-chorus parts with Jon and Tilian screaming is straight from Mothership (and sounds a little like Self-Titled as well), the funky break with the sick drumming and basslines (and bongos... Because why not) sounds like a mix between something from ArSe and Happiness, the constant, nonstop, sick riffs from Will through the whole song, Tilian's screams sound sick (and like he isn't killing his voice this time like on Mothership). 

The only thing I would've wanted from this song is if after the last chorus they brought the post chorus part with jon/tilly screaming back (with a little variation to the rythym or something).

Edit: I said 'Realistically' want from dgd. I know some of yall wan't dbm 3 with jonny lol. But I'm genuinely curious what fans think is missing from this track.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Adec21 said:

To me personally I feel like it’s one of the band out there that find ways to stay fresh. They always add enough little details to keep me hook. Also the repeatability on most of their song is top tier. 

People loose their mind around bands like Currents and Polaris which I love don’t get me wrong, but it’s been done 1000 times, do they do it better than a lot of bands?! Of course. But DGD are pioneers in their genre and that’s the whole difference for me personally. But in the end it all comes down to personal tastes and different views on music.

This, exactly.  I had pretty much lost interest in the genre until I discovered this band and Swancore in general.  Everybody's gonna have their opinions but to say these guys are tired/pumping out the same old shit seems absolutely absurd to me.

Both the 1-off singles after ArSe were great, fun poppy songs that were both very different from anything that was on ArSe.  Both of these DGDX singles have also been really great, stand apart from each other quite a bit, and sound pretty far removed both from those 2 singles and the last record.  I am incredibly hyped for this release and just about this band in general, I'm seriously impressed by how much they tour and put out music without letting themselves get stale.

Edited by JadeGive2Rides
forgot a dang ol' word.
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 1

Liked this more than Prisoner as the higher energy DGD is my jam but so far both are great and this album like the last 4 will have the shit replayed out of it

• Upvote 1

As long as Tilian remains a member of this band, they will be amazing.

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Great song.  Love the energy.  Prisoner was an interesting change of pace, maybe a bit more of a grower, but this feels like top-tier Tillian era DGD right out of the gate.

... at least Prisoner slapped. 

I much prefer this to Prisoner. I like the more up-tempo songs that have a bit of aggression to them as well as some good riffs. I found Prisoner a bit dull personally...I didn't like the guitars so much and the singing was a bit boring. That said, even my least favourite song on each DGD album eventually grows on me :) Can't wait for the new album!

Those who asked, Tillians vox are sung in spanish. Song starts with a drum roll and tilian gets despascito on us. Jon's vox are English 

• Upvote 2

Someone re upload that shizzz it’s not working 😭

Better than the first single

15 hours ago, JadeGive2Rides said:

This, exactly.  I had pretty much lost interest in the genre until I discovered this band and Swancore in general.  Everybody's gonna have their opinions but to say these guys are tired/pumping out the same old shit seems absolutely absurd to me.

Both the 1-off singles after ArSe were great, fun poppy songs that were both very different from anything that was on ArSe.  Both of these DGDX singles have also been really great, stand apart from each other quite a bit, and sound pretty far removed both from those 2 singles and the last record.  I am incredibly hyped for this release and just about this band in general, I'm seriously impressed by how much they tour and put out music without letting themselves get stale.

Very well said mate. It’s the human nature I assume, bash on bands(or pretty much anything(one) that are very popular always become a trend on internet. Most of people are looking for novelty and complain if a band stray too far from its roots. Music is what it is, I don’t get what people are expecting.. Same thing goes for a band like Counterparts, most people say it’s still the same sound, nothing new like it was something negative. Usually the best way to go is master a style and add some new elements to it to stay on top and I feel like DGD is doing that wonderfully.

John sounds so good in this one. And Tillian screams are dope. Album shaping up nicely.

Holy fuck this is amazing. 10/10.

Why wouldn't this be the lead single over Prisoner lol (and i really like Prisoner). So wack.