Sign in to follow this  
no love no one

Trivium - Catastrophist [Single] (2020)

32 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Cool song. 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

wooow fucking great. drums are brutal as expected. love it.the guitar solo is awesome

The chorus seems a bit too repetitive but I'm enjoying the song anyways so it's not such a bad thing.

Yooo, the first few minutes is like solid but slightly repetitive Trivium, but holy shit what comes after is fantastic. I with the song's first third was slightly shorter then it would've been perfect, but now it's still very impressive.

• Upvote 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Trivium are on absolute top form these days after a couple of duds, Heafy's never sounded better.

Alex is a fucking monster.

First of the song i could give or take.

Then once that second half of the song takes off with those drumkicks. A bloody trip and a half.

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

Amazing song! The Sin and the Sentence was my AOTY in 2017 so i am really looking forward to a new album! 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely loved this.  Was watching the live premiere and everyone was waiting for the screams.  Of course, they kept them until the end...those sly dogs :)

Fucking gnarly oh my god. I absolutely love this.

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

I'm not even a Trivium fan and this is one of the best songs of the year. God damn

Fucking great song. I already liked it after the first 3 mins or so, but after it changed it got so much better.  Absolutely buzzing for the album now. 

This is fucking amazing! Matt bringing back that gritty sound to his vocals is fantastic. Perfect follow-up to TSATS!

There's the tracklist.

Screenshot_20200227-211432.jpg

Bloody Hell.

This is one of the only bands the guarantees perfection with every single song

Amazing song. Can't wait for this album.

Feels far less contrived than most songs from TSATS which is nice. I liked that album a lot and it was great to see Trivium get back to something resembling what they once were, but as a fervent admirer of Shogun it just felt a little too inorganic; this is much closer to what they should be doing I think, despite the first two minutes being pretty average. Still not a fan of Matt's new vocal technique since he blew out his voice but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Direction and cinematography in this music video is absolutely horrible, though. Those long panning shots of Matt are awkward.

• Upvote 1

i am a pure juicer kingdom leaks user

Awesome, loved the last album.. this new drummer is pretty damn good he fits in really well!

@Dan yeah I agree with most of what you say. It felt like they gave us another pompastic, slightly too long single like The Sin And The Sentence, expect here they straight flexed for the last 3-4 minutes and it ended up being a much better lead single than TSATS. I feel like this album might be even better than it.

And the MV is just awkward and not that good, I don't know what they were thinking.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Looking forward to the new album. Thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

I'm personally not feeling this one as much. Not bad or anything. Just not really for me. Looking forward to the album though. The Sin & The Sentence was good. 

Love that Matt's brought back the grit in his voice. It wasn't that great at first (still liked it though), but when the second verse starts and Alex's drumming really starts taking off, the song continually gets more intense and amazing.

Second half of the song is awesome!

Amazing drummer, look forward to the album :D

Great song, No surprises there. Trivium has been one of the most consistent bands in metal since their debut and I'm sure their upcoming album will be no different.