967-EVIL

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain (2020)

47 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thanks! These guys have never disappointed from day 1. Can't Wait!

Quick take on this album would be that, this is weirdly heavy for them for the most part and I actually love that, but at the same time, most songs for me are in this 6-7/10 void where they're solid songs with some heavier, catchier moments of interest but besides a few songs I can't find a single song that would completely blow me away except for maybe the beautiful closer or would fuck me up as hard as some of their classics (Eternal Summer will forever be a 10/10 pop punk/easycore song for me).

But at least it feels like they're still nicely maturing and exploring new ideas and I hope they can somehow transform into a more chill inducing band, which the closer exactly did for me, god I wish this opens the gate for upcoming material sounding more like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

56 minutes ago, desk said:

Quick take on this album would be that, this is weirdly heavy for them for the most part and I actually love that, but at the same time, most songs for me are in this 6-7/10 void where they're solid songs with some heavier, catchier moments of interest but besides a few songs I can't find a single song that would completely blow me away except for maybe the beautiful closer or would fuck me up as hard as some of their classics (Eternal Summer will forever be a 10/10 pop punk/easycore song for me).

But at least it feels like they're still nicely maturing and exploring new ideas and I hope they can somehow transform into a more chill inducing band, which the closer exactly did for me, god I wish this opens the gate for upcoming material sounding more like that.

I agree, there is much more maturity in this album. Still good...but I think it will grow on me the more I Listen to it. Do I miss some of those fun, fast paced breakdowns fys are known for? Hell yes, but they tried something new and I'm going to NB appreciate it more and more with each listen I think.

2 hours ago, desk said:

"Eternal Summer" ?? the track is called Wasting Time, dont see why you would feel the need to reference it like that. Bit lame

• Downvote 4

1 minute ago, popcore182 said:

"Eternal Summer" ?? the track is called Wasting Time, dont see why you would feel the need to reference it like that. Bit lame

D5322CE2-465B-4D48-B276-4685D0E5CA17.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

3 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

D5322CE2-465B-4D48-B276-4685D0E5CA17.jpeg

im aware m8, it just seems overly unnecessary and pointless to reference the track based on that instead of simply wasting time. It literally opens with "WASTING TIME" but hey lets just colloquially refer to a song as something that does not even feature in the lyrics at all for no apparent reason but to be edgy

• Downvote 5

6 minutes ago, popcore182 said:

im aware m8, it just seems overly unnecessary and pointless to reference the track based on that instead of simply wasting time. It literally opens with "WASTING TIME" but hey lets just colloquially refer to a song as something that does not even feature in the lyrics at all for no apparent reason but to be edgy

I’m sure he wasn’t trying to be edgy at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

20 minutes ago, popcore182 said:

You get an extra large pepperoni stuck in your arse, m8? Need me to pull it out for ya?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Dear @ErkvtCvlt, you are a cunt. That is all.

• Haha 1

saw them this summer at a festival. honestly not a fan of them aside from maybe a song or two from 2009ish. they remind of that whole neon pop punk crap

• Downvote 11

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

awesome album. self titled vibes with a heavier edge from enemy of the world.  seeing them Tuesday in Boston can't wait!

• Love 1

I don't know about this. i know it's cheesy, but i like my Four Year Strong light-hearted, with sing alongs, rainbows and unicorns. Of course, i'm going to give this a few more listens, but as of now, there aren't a lot of songs that stood out for me other than Talking Myself In Circles. I also like Be Good When I'm Gone, they've always been so good on acoustic songs.

STYGKL_1.gif

Thanks. Gonna go bump this in the gym for my first listen. Hope it has plenty more moments like Brain Pain!

This is way heavier than I expected. I was hoping the album would be more like the singles.

Interesting guitar stuff for sure.

Some of the songs feel like they are individual musical sections / ideas thrown together in the same song, and sometimes it doesn't feel like they go together or blend well.

Not a bad album at all, but those singles definitely don't give you an idea of what the full album is like.

thank you!!! These guys never fucking fail

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, desk said:

most songs for me are in this 6-7/10 void where they're solid songs with some heavier, catchier moments of interest but besides a few songs I can't find a single song that would completely blow me away

This is like most of their discography tbh

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, popcore182 said:

It's actually called "Wasting Time (Eternal Summer)"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DIMENSIONAUT IN 3D said:

saw them this summer at a festival. honestly not a fan of them aside from maybe a song or two from 2009ish. they remind of that whole neon pop punk crap

> Subgenre of pop punk that makes noticeable use of synthesizers

Think you're barking up the wrong genre tree here.

Anyway off to hear the record, just had my coffee

• Upvote 1

Beard bros back fucking at it. Can't wait.

I love everything these guys do and Will Putney did a great job with producing this record. 

This album is amazing, however it's not the same amazingness as their self titled was, and that's ok. I'd rate this album a 7.5-8/10.

Best song that wasn't a single: Worst Part About Me.

• Upvote 1

Loving this. Cool heavy tones and catchy riffs! Reminds me of when i first discovered Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!. god, i wish they would release some new material too.... i saw they just ended hiatus by announcing to play at this years Slam Dunk Festival  :)

• Upvote 1

I love all their records. I like this ALOT. Definitely a grower. 

• Upvote 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

Honestly kinda disappointed by this. Don't get me wrong, it's good, even very good, and I'm glad they experimented with some elements like the bass guitar. But, it's not on par with their past records. Rise or Die Trying, Enemy of the World, self-titled, and the Go Down In History EP are all perfect (In Some Way is quite near perfect) and this can't quite keep up with them. It will require more listening, and may even make my top 10 oty, but it does not meet the expectations I had based on their other material.

• Upvote 1

20200608_180043.png

8 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

Honestly kinda disappointed by this. Don't get me wrong, it's good, even very good, and I'm glad they experimented with some elements like the bass guitar. But, it's not on par with their past records. Rise or Die Trying, Enemy of the World, self-titled, and the Go Down In History EP are all perfect (In Some Way is quite near perfect) and this can't quite keep up with them. It will require more listening, and may even make my top 10 oty, but it does not meet the expectations I had based on their other material.

It’s a grower. I didn’t like it a whole lot on first listen. But I think more listens will make it better.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg