Lord Kingdom

Dance Gavin Dance - Mothership (2016)

329 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

And as much as I know I will love this album, I think them winning AOTY 2 years in a row would be a bit unfair. Just my opinion though

You're saying that like they don't deserve it.

• Love 2

You're saying that like they don't deserve it.

whether they deserve it or not, i don't know i haven't listened yet, its kinda like the reasoning that /r/metalcore has the rule where once one band wins artist of the month, they cannot be nominated again

Wow, this album is fucking perfect! I absolutely love every track.

No joke, this is my album of the year so far. Just in front of Touché Amoré.

• Love 1

I have never been a fan of DGD before, but the singles all grabbed my attention. I have actually been pretty excited for this album. 

Thanks for sharing KL. Now all we need from the monstrous release day of the 7th are:

Fit For A King - Deathgrip

Balance & Composure - Light We Made

Sum 41 - whatever its called I'm not even really excited

TDWP - Transit Blues (another album like this, was never a fan before but To The Key Of Evergreen has been on repeat for days)

Ya next week is insane for sure.  September - october 2 months are insane in general.  So many good albums.  Go listen to glasslands if you haven't.

I had no idea it was Christmas already

Guest AndreArrington

GOD. Thank you. Jesus, such a good day...

Chocolate Jackalope just caught me so off guard in the best way possible. This record is mindblowingly amazing, but that's common for DGD. They really are one of the best bands in the scene. Gotta digest it more to see if it has AOTY over Headspace. 10/10 regardless

Album of the Year for sure! Actually I think it probably top as my favorite DGD album! Lots of good jams.

Guest jaymiller42292

Kill yourself Wells.

better watch it man you'll get banned for that

yaaasssssssssssssssssss, this is why i love KL to death <3 thank you guys

Guest Spitfire77

<p>This is soooo goddamn good, DGD keeps killing it, after so many albums and change within the band itself, the music still is going strong. DGD set the bar on how other bands of the scene should write songs. </p>

I wasn't digging two of the three singles released so far and wasn't really expecting much from this release, but the rest of these tracks are steadily proving me wrong.

• Love 1

Guest ercxlpz

I COULDN'T WAIT TO TAP INTO THE BRAIN OF MY CAT AND LET HIM KNOW HE'S MY LITTLE BABY, MEOW MEOW MEOW! (chocolate jackalope)

I was about to paint my walls this weekend, nope I dont need it anymore. I literally creamed my whole room. Thanks KL! You have saved me money and gave me a multiple orgasm.

• Love 1

Still prefer IG if I had to choose, all DGD is good, can't go wrong. Like this a lot, as expected.

Chocolate Jackalope, did not see that coming lol.

Dude, same here. That completely came out of left field, I couldn't stop laughing

Literal sex. I'm loving the heavier Secret Band-esque guitar in some places, and Tilian's screams are everything I've ever wanted out of him. The section at the end of Inspire the Liars where Tilian and Jon are singing and screaming different things at the same time is extremely reminiscent of early Jonny-era DGD, and I love it. They haven't had a section in a song like that since DBM2. My only complaint is I wish Will had a longer rap verse somewhere on the album. But his verse's brevity on Chocolate Jackalope makes sense with the song, and I don't think a rap verse would've fit very well on any other song. Finally getting to hear the so-called "Einstein riff" on that song really makes up for it, though. Also, parts of Man of the Year sound like Downtown Battle Mountain, which is a sound they haven't really channeled in a long time. Tilian and Jon's screams are absolutely vicious on there, like god damn. I'm incredibly anxious to hear this in 320.

• Love 5

Want to soooo bad but gonna wait for higher quality leak.  :P

• Love 1