Chief

Five Finger Death Punch - F8 (2020)

122 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Blackr6s3s said:

Unfortunately "This Is War" is not from the album, it's the song "This is my war" from the previous album, so we're still missing 1 song it seems

right I am replying to this again after forcing myself through both songs (genuinely unforgivable, I expect compensation) and I can (un)happily report that if you have basic fucking auditory comprehension you can clearly tell THEY ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SONGS

PLEASE STOP THIS SHIT YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE ME AN ANEURYSM 

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

Other Releases by

14 minutes ago, Maximo said:

can we stop fucking doing this please

Agreed I already got a warning cuz a staff member was wrong and I knew It wasnt a re done song so if anyone comments about it again well that's on them

11 minutes ago, degausser said:

this was about 8 years ago, I think the heaviest band in my arsenal at the time was Job for a Cowboy or As Blood runs Black... which would have also done the trick :lol:

but we were at work so I had to hold back

Aye As Blood Runs Black fuckin rips that would've worked perfectly lmao

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

1 hour ago, degausser said:

oh for sure.  Texas here, when I politely declined youtubing ffdp at work my coworkers response was "what, too heavy for you?.. pussy"

they certainly exist

I Second this. I'm from Texas as well and although we're not all redneck idiots, we have our share of stupidity. I had a coworker ask me if The Animals had covered FFDP since I was playing the original House of the rising sun. I had to take a deep breath and he got the gist. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Blackr6s3s said:

Unfortunately "This Is War" is not from the album, it's the song "This is my war" from the previous album, so we're still missing 1 song it seems

War is the answer...

• Upvote 1

Very suprised with how much I like this 8/10 for me

On 2/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, moonlover said:

Music for;
Cops

Bootlickers

People who wear camo for fashion reasons

Incest aficionados

"Blue lives matter"
People who think the "ooh ah ah ah ah" sound David Draiman makes at the beginning of Down With the Sickness is "sick"

People who think Ozzfest was the pinnacle of festivals.
Dudes with eyebrow piercings

"it's not smoke bro, it's VAPOR", conversely, "yeah it's 2020 and I still smoke"

edit;
People who throw cigarette butts on the ground

"There are only two genders, bro."

Okay but there ARE only two genders so

• Downvote 2

11 hours ago, myxj said:

War is the answer...

Based and John Bolton-pilled

23 hours ago, Juandissimo said:

You should read textbooks for anatomy/physiology as well as neurodevelopment textbooks and you will see that it isn't easy just to define two genders.  Several things can happen that cause a grey area (where these other/hybrid genders come from) and not just male/female, as one without any true understanding of the topic would blindly assume (i.e FFDP fanbase as the jokes here imply).  The neurodevelopment textbooks should especially show you that it isn't so simple to have it be just male and female... Like most things, it is much more complicated than just that.

You (among countless others) being so adamant about your stance on this without any prior knowledge or research (which your uneducated view makes it obvious that is the case) is the equivalent of people denying the existence of climate change despite all the evidence of it being a real thing being right in their face.  You just choose what to believe at your convenience, despite the evidence out there proving otherwise.

tl;dr:  Do your research, educate yourself.  Don't just blindly follow what you've been told to believe.

I'm sorry there are only 2 sexes. Male and female and you can have as many genders as your little heart desires. 🙃

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Bidini27 said:

Side Note: I’m a huge fan of the first 2 5FDP albums and that era, as that’s when I started listening to them. So I’m basing this album review on the fact that the band said they are “returning to their roots”

F8 - Run of the mill opening instrumental. Leads into Inside Out well

Inside Out - Sounds like a better version of Trouble. Not awful by any means but nothing to write home about

Full Circle - Opening riff and chorus is good but not a huge fan of the chanty-rap verses. Would’ve been better with just screams

Living the Dream - Strongest single in my opinion. Has a bouncy-groovy feel to it but it’s executed well

A Little Bit Off - Odd pop-rock song. Doesn’t feel right at all. Everything about this track feels lack-luster

Bottom of the Top - Quintessential “you want a heavy track?” song. Incredibly disappointing as this is truly the first heavy track on the album

To Be Alone - Another standard rock anthem. Reminds me of the style of some of Scott Stapps solo songs

Mother May I (Tic Toc) - Not too bad of a track. I like the quick growl/singing swapping in the verses

Darkness Settles In - Sounds like some of their other ballads, but honestly not a bad song. Reminds me of Battle Born but Ivan sounds a bit better here

This Is War - One of the better heavy songs on the album, which says a lot. Good chugs but nothing else of note besides Ivan’s growls are a bit deeper

Leave It All Behind - Another bland rock track. Nothing too much of note. Solid guitars and drums here and there. That’s really it

Scar Tissue - Sounds like something from War Is the Answer. By far my personal favorite on the album. Best Ivan’s screamed in the past 2 albums

Brighter Side of Grey - Interesting take on a ballad as it has the chugs in the verses. One of the better ones they’ve written. Also best I’ve heard Ivan sing in a while

Making Monsters (bonus) - Opening riff sounds familiar, but I can’t put my finger on what it sounds like. Average track though, can see why it’s a B-side

Death Punch Therapy (bonus) - Nostalgia trip song. As close to “classic” Death Punch feel I got on this album

Overall: If I’m just comparing F8 to And Justice For None....then this is a masterpiece. However, with all the talk of them “returning to form” and “going back to their heavy roots” this is an incredible disappointment as a long standing 5FDP fan. Some old generic formula beat to death once again. Some tracks I’ll add to my playlist I’ll add to my playlist but not an overall good album. I feel like I’ve said that about the past few albums

Agree, isn't their best but isn't that bad. Isn't as bad as BMTH last 2 albums. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Loganldw said:

I'm sorry there are only 2 sexes. Male and female and you can have as many genders as your little heart desires. 🙃

Well there are around 1.392.245.379.452.739.361 to choose from

Boomers used to call it "character/personality" but eh.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loganldw said:

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juandissimo said:

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Meh.. sure I guess I'm a tiger and it is okay because I said so and I have the right to punish anyone who doesn't believe in my decision to be a tiger... Oh, well. To each their own my friend. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Loganldw said:

Agree, isn't their best but isn't that bad. Isn't as bad as BMTH last 2 albums. 🤷🏼‍♂️

why do people feel the need to bring up bmth in every thread?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Loganldw said:

I actually spit my coffee out at this because of how wrong this is 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

This thread is glorious

• Love 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

8 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

why do people feel the need to bring up bmth in every thread?

Probably because they swayed do far from their roots. But I still listen to them and will go to every show that comes around. I'm not by any means mad at them. In the end, it is their music and they can do whatever they like. 

On 2/24/2020 at 12:19 PM, strawberryjellyfish said:

Honestly this band has great instrumentals most of the time but it's their vocalist that ruins it for me every single time 

He either sounds like Corey Taylor trying to take a shit that's been stuck inside of him for a week or a pissed off hillbilly that grew up in a ghetto with a terrible education program that led him to crime and now that he has served his 2 years in prison, is a week fresh off probation, and his girlfriend put "his" car in her name he thinks he is a badass 

And that's just when I get from the sound of his voice after the intro to Jekyll and Hyde I stopped trying to even care about the lyrics 

The saddest part of FFDP is that Ivan has some legit vocal ability, but I don't recall ever hearing a FFDP song and going "Yep, Ivan did a good job there". He was better in Motograter, and I wouldn't call myself a fan of Motograter either.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leightspeed said:

The saddest part of FFDP is that Ivan has some legit vocal ability, but I don't recall ever hearing a FFDP song and going "Yep, Ivan did a good job there". He was better in Motograter, and I wouldn't call myself a fan of Motograter either.

Yeah man couldn't have said it any better myself.. he seems like he could be an incredible vocalist like FFDP could have been something special for this generation like Slipknot was for it's, not to keep comparing the two but you're right he does stuff kinda half assed both lyrically and vocally and it sucks because I've wanted to like the band but its so hard when they drop shit like Jekyll and Hyde where it just sounds like he is yelling "im so god damn mother fuckin pissed right now and I want to punch someone In the mother god damn face" over the phone 

Sad When I Think About Atlanta out now!!

Thank you for the share.  

My initial thoughts upon first listen - This is probably the weakest release yet.  FFDP has never been lyrically deep but this is a new low.  Very cookie cutter and cliche-ridden.  The riffs are very predictable and not even catchy, this is one aspect they tend to always nail.  One big positive is that Moody seems to really push himself vocally.  With all that said, I am terribly disappointed.  With all the hype I was of the thought that this might be a turning point.  There first 3 albums were their best, with American Capitalist marking the turning point with the established sound that they have now beaten to death (No pun intended).  Maybe its time to wrap it up.  They are truly turning into the Nickelback of the Metal scene with the label "Bro Metal" being established as a genre because of them.  

Grab your Mountain Dew, flip your hat back, invite your g/f beating bro over, and plug in the Call of Duty cause this is more for you.

~Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today~

-Jordan Peterson

On 2/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, doom.in.bloom said:

Imagine being excited about a Five Finger Death Punch album

Imagine making fun of someone for being excited for new music no matter who it is

I thought Got Your Six was good, And Justice for None was okay, Gone Away is one of my favorite covers but the rest (except Sham Pain) felt a bit weak, but this... I think this might be Five Finger Death Punch at their best. I love this. Thanks for posting.

Brighter Side of Grey is probably one best songs on the album lyrically and thematically. This band takes a lot of shit but they occasionally put out a few songs that nobody can argue are good. Darkness Settles In and Brighter Side of Grey are two very good examples of songs they actually put work into.

Also I'm very happy that they didn't feel obligated to Cover another bands song this time around.

Much better than the last one. More groove, better riffs, lyrics don't instantly make me cringe and tbh there is some pretty good songwriting to be found here. It's nothing groundbreaking, but they are definitely on an upward trajectory. Solid 6/10 album.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:19 PM, dorathekiller97 said:

Serious question for you guys. Have they musically evolved at all since American Capitalist?

Being a Death Punch fan since American Capitalist, I have not seen much evolution, but they have been trying to go back to the days when they had fast and loud music. TRYING being the key word here. After listening to this record a few times, it's a step up from AJFN and a hell of a lot better than GY6. Could this be a step toward the evolution of the band? I dunno, but as long as they DON'T COVER ANY MORE SONGS, they should be fine.

11 hours ago, lonk1828 said:

Brighter Side of Grey is probably one best songs on the album lyrically and thematically. This band takes a lot of shit but they occasionally put out a few songs that nobody can argue are good. Darkness Settles In and Brighter Side of Grey are two very good examples of songs they actually put work into.

If you just look at the songs minus the bonuses, the fact that they put Brighter Side of Grey at the end makes the album feel that much more complete.

Finally listen to this whole shit.... i became more redneck than I already am.

FLAC added!

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

i wanna play call of duty to this