Summers

The Word Alive - MONOMANIA (2020)

90 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Kaddisfly said:

1. telle sounds great

2. all of erik ron's productions sound the same and it's a little tired now

Funny you say that. I was thinking this sounds just like "A Beautiful Death" musically cause Erik touched it lol. 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

On 2/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, desk said:

Safe to say this is an even softer album than their last one and they've nearly completely lost their identity as a band but it's still IMO a much less over the place clusterfuck that was Violent Noise and maybe is even a bit better overall, at least they dropped all the gimmicky features and fucktarded "experimentation" attempts (like that fucking no-name rapper lmfao), it might actually help them sell-out into mainstream more solidly, but honestly it's such a far cry from their stuff early-mid career.

If this release doesn't end up a bigger commercial success than their last few albums they REALLY need to re-evaluate themselves as a band. They haven't written a consistently great album in years and they still try to do +12 tracks each album cycle when they can barely drop ~6-8 great songs per album MAX, just become an EP band at this point so you can still sell merch and get on tours because this is not working.

I could see myself coming back to roughly half or more of these songs because when TWA are good, they're very enjoyable to me, the rest (like 3-5, 9) just hold no value whatsoever.

6.5-7/10.

Spot fucking on

• Love 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Not sure if I'm just a pussy ass little bitch but as someone who's just gone through a messy breakup this album hit me in ways I didn't wanna be hit.

Cheers, son's crying now.

klbanneredo-min.png

This is pretty much what I expected and I'm still disappointed. Lyrics are all Color Morale B-side tier and hopecore-y except not as good. Every song has an identical formula and Telle's voice is super samey throughout. meh.

Thanks, anyway.

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Jeez guys. Am I the only one actually enjoying this??? Greatest Almost is a banger... and all of this is soooo much better than VN... also why is this getting compared to BMTH? 2 completely different bands/albums/genres/years/etcetera 

Also, not really feeling that whole "band lost their identity" vibe either... a band makes what they're feeling... so how does that identity loss work exactly??

It's actually a very nice background music album for when you're playing a laid back indie game. Otherwise probably rather boring.

• Upvote 3

t2DLnik.png

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

This is hands down The Word Alive's best album.

Telle's cleans were always the best part of the project, and I'm glad the focus is on atmosphere is paramount here.

• Love 2
  • Downvote 2

this album is the definition of extreme meh

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is probably the only word alive album I actually like 🙈

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

Perfect!

• Upvote 2

This is great love this band

fave songs are monomania, searching for glory, another year in the shadows, death is only the end ... And WOW NUMB LOVE :pray:all great tunes.

Edited by lorter
update

I just don't see how most of you like this album because it's just terrible and boring 💤. I assume that most of you that like it are recent fans and haven't  been fans since the beginning. All they are now is just another boring pop punk band. 

• Confused 2

@Phantomanthem2017 no bands like TWA sell out and completely change who they where and alot of times they lose their identity because of that. They are now a boring pop punk band! This album is terrible its even worse than Atreyu latest album and that album is just God awful! 🤮 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Affliction said:

I just don't see how most of you like this album because it's just terrible and boring 💤. I assume that most of you that like it are recent fans and haven't  been fans since the beginning. All they are now is just another boring pop punk band. 

This isn't pop punk

While I don't like this album, let people like what they like 

• Upvote 1

@Phantomanthem2017 because both bands went from being let's just say hardcore just for the sake of making my point to soft rock or pop punk. This album is terrible 

@Dancing in the Dust I'm not stopping or telling people that they can't like this album. If someone does more power to them. I was just stating how I felt and my opinion. 

We get it, you don't like the album @Affliction, move on. 

You also don't need to spam the thread, chill out 

>soft rock

I think you mean alt rock

• Upvote 1

@Dancing in the Dust nope I mean soft rock. Not spamming the thread just replying to what people are saying to me. Also also not being a dick but if I want to sit in this thread all day and make comments I will! Don't like it you can move on or bitch about it either way Idc

• Sad 1

Lol

You're @ing the same guy, condense your replies man, also if you're gonna sit in a thread all day that's kinda sad

Btw not bitching just pointing out that you're spamming @Affliction

Gonna yeet from this thread now, peace

@Dancing in the Dust didn't say I was going to said if I wanted to sit in this thread all day I will. Also I really don't care about your opinion based on your logic you are also spamming this thread

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:44 AM, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

This is the worst album I’ve heard this year so far, and definitely the lowest point in this band’s career so far. Every song here sounds so bland and devoid of any life whatsoever besides the closing track, which I found to be a damn good track actually. The majority of the songs sound the exact same with only minor tweaks. Similar chord progressions, similar structures, similar melodies. I’ve listened to this record multiple times and am still having a hard time remembering anything that was on it. 1.5/10, honestly pretty unfortunate that the only good part of this album is Erik Ron, and he’s not even a part of the band. 

Go ahead and give me my downvote, RockinXander. 

SO MUCH THIS.

• Upvote 1

Gave this a few more spins and while it's very repetitive, generic and samey, it's well made and an enjoyable, fun listen. It's not as good as Dark Matter but not as bad as Violent Noise either 

• Upvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

By no means do I like this album. It is not nearly as good as anything prior to Dark Matter. But, it is definitely better than Violent Noises. I still can't listen to Violent Noises all the way through.

That's cool that a band put out an album in Mono in 2020

Am I the only one that thinks Violent Noise is better than this? VN actually had some variety. Every track on this album is literally the same lol. Idc if Telle screams for a few extra seconds on the closing track, as it does not save this record imo lol. I honestly wish they would have stuck with what they were doing with Overdose. Everything about that track was great.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Lonestar said:

Am I the only one that thinks Violent Noise is better than this? VN actually had some variety. Every track on this album is literally the same lol. Idc if Telle screams for a few extra seconds on the closing track, as it does not save this record imo lol. I honestly wish they would have stuck with what they were doing with Overdose. Everything about that track was great.

No I’m with you, VN actually has some variety between tracks despite falling extremely flat.

• Upvote 1

This is really good. It probably helps that I don't remember how any of their previous stuff sounds, but vocals are on point.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png