Summers

The Word Alive - MONOMANIA (2020)

90 posts in this topic

Just now, RockinXander said:

Ludens is actually the only good and decent song out of ALL of their recent very experimental pop and electronic crap that they have been coming out with. 

Lad what

• Upvote 3

Other Releases by

Just now, rxchvrd said:

are you guys really making this comments section an discussion about how you just can't just overcome the fact that bmth is changing their style and you cannot listen anything that isn't generic metalcore of 2013?

That's KL for you.

• Upvote 3

I've gotten through half and I have no desire to continue, but I'll push on later.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Nyeusi said:

I tried. I really tried. This album isnt even that bad. It has some good energy throughout, but this band just bores the fuck out of me now. The entire record just blends together and not in a good way. Reminds me exactly like their last record, Violent Noise. 2-3 decent tracks, but none of them have actual replay value. I'm probably never going to spin this record ever again. It's sad that I'm saying this and this is the same band that put out Life Cycles and Deceiver.

This about sums it up. But Dark Matter is up there with their best records. Lots of varying soundscapes on that one and some dope song writing.

• Love 1

So like all TWA they always take time for me to grow. My only gripe is all the songs are VERY similar not just structure wise but chord choices and the progression played and there really arent any tracks that try new things. Like last album stare at the sun was a great change of pace.

56 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

Ludens is actually the only good and decent song out of ALL of their recent very experimental pop and electronic crap that they have been coming out with. 

Ludens and That's The Spirit are all I care about. On Amo I liked Mantra, In The Dark, Sugar Honey Ice & Tea, Mother Tongue, and Heavy Metal. On Music To Listen To... i liked Candy Truck. That's it. I like this entire album which is more than I've been able to say for BMTH since That's The Spirit

Jokes aside, this is not as bad as I thought It would be. Telle sounds greater than ever before and thats just it.

2 hours ago, RockinXander said:

damn dog you wrong again

2 hours ago, rxchvrd said:

are you guys really making this comments section an discussion about how you just can't just overcome the fact that bmth is changing their style and you cannot listen anything that isn't generic metalcore of 2013?

Pretty much lol

new bmth albums have been absolute slappers

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Gross, listen to the 2013 Deerhunter album instead.

FCC375E7-716E-46B4-8BE7-F4CE7648CA07.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

Liked this more than I expected, the singles were my least favorite on here

lower case is for the lower class

• Haha 1

"I'd rather die for what I believe
Than live a life without meaning" 

-Telle Smith 

Well, you live a life without meaning with music like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1. telle sounds great

2. all of erik ron's productions sound the same and it's a little tired now

• Upvote 1

bland as fuck, telle is not good enough to carry this, 3 decent tracks max

• Upvote 1

I thought I would really like this album because I love "Searching for Glory." I was wrong, this album just doesn't do it for me. 

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

12 hours ago, dewey duck said:

BMTH’s last two records are waaaay better than this.

100% agreed BMTH has no bad albums. 🤷‍♂️

~K!zL

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

What are my thoughts? It had some dark matter vibes on some tracks but didn’t give that good feeling of “hey this sounds amazing I love it” there are good headbanging tunes but Its more of can some of these tracks hold up. Like the singles I thought held up well. Maybe Numb love I think will hold up pretty well.

how are you saying that it didn't sound amazing or that you don't love it when you literally gave every song a 4/5, 4.5/5, or 5/5 except for one (which is still a 3.5/5)???

corn.png.d48f3a7d4515ab7ce8f058763bf1d283.png

Also everyone saying this band dropped off after Dark Matter the fuck I wish we would’ve gotten Dark Matter 2.0 instead of whatever the hell this was. That album is up there with Deceiver and Life Cycles for me personally

• Upvote 2

I really liked it for the most part, id give it a solid 8/10

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Should I waste my time with this if I thought the last album was mediocre

1 hour ago, SteakByrnes said:

Should I waste my time with this if I thought the last album was mediocre

No go stream/buy The Death of Me by Polaris instead, much better use of your time

• Downvote 1

Even when this band was "good" it was formulaic generic garbage.  12 years later the shitty version of their generic garbage is not even listenable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

"I'd rather die for what I believe
Than live a life without meaning" 

-Telle Smith 

Well, you live a life without meaning with music like this.

Well according to what he says, lyrically and vocally he's giving it his all, the rest is just not very good lul.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

God this thread is degenerate....

TWA is still trying to find a new identity it seems. I don’t think they fit the old one, but don’t want to look back towards it in the way SWS did. There are some solid songs here, and Telle is great throughout, but a band is more than just a vocalist, and I think they need to figure that part out again.

The Word Alive will never live up to anything they released early/mid-career unless they seriously consider making some changes to their "formula." Telle is such an incredible vocalist that it's truly disappointing where this band has ended up. This album is definitely better than their last, but not by much. They dont have to go back to the old sound. I wouldn't even mind a return to something between the Dark Matter/REAL. era sound. But this is just extremely boring and sounds the same the entire way through. I cant see myself ever wanting to listen to it again from start to finish. I'll pull a couple tracks out and onto a playlist because there is highlights here, catchy choruses and decent riffs and something to at least enjoy in the back ground and hum along to... but that's a sad thing to say about the band that wrote The Deceiver.

Standout songs: Numb Love, K.F.