Sign in to follow this  
967-EVIL

Satyr - Locus (2020)

27 posts in this topic

Oh yes! Forgot this was coming so soon, let the absurd time signatures commence. 

Edit: the only track I heard beforehand was Picayune (I liked it a lot) and I'm two songs in and both blow that track out of the water. Apogee is a ridiculously good album opener.

• Upvote 1

never heard of these guys, but i trust anything trending here within my genre confines. let's check 'er out

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Hometown boys are just getting better and better. Sucks they got to the scene just as I moved from Atlanta. Picayune was insane, so I’m hoping the rest of Locus is even better! Can’t wait to get home and download 🤘🏼

Good shit, discovering their latest single randomly made me very excited. Album delivered for sure, easy 8/10

• Upvote 2

rymacc 2.png last fm acc 2.png

This is definitely a contender for AOTY, even this early on. Honestly some of the best “swancore” I’ve heard since Eidola, Oranges, and Adventurer all got signed. Straight 🔥🔥🔥

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

This is fun

Super premature comment since I've only listened to 1 song but 0:48-1:25 on track 1 was so fucking fun, I love it.

• Upvote 2

Super excited to check this out. Their first single was so bangin' good. Thank you so much 🤙

I'll echo the term others have said in this album being super "fun." I love it after 1 listen which is rare for me. The guitar work can be so infectious and catchy while equally mathy.

49 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Super premature comment since I've only listened to 1 song but 0:48-1:25 on track 1 was so fucking fun, I love it.

Reminds me a lot of something Protest the Hero would write. That section sounds like it would fit in Hair-Trigger. 

Only listened to three tracks so far, but fun is definitely the right word. Can already tell i'll enjoy the entire record. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Brad . said:

Reminds me a lot of something Protest the Hero would write. That section sounds like it would fit in Hair-Trigger. 

I thought exactly the same thing.  sounds a lot like the ending of a song on scurrilous... can't remember which

this is gonna be in the rotation for a bit

Thanks a lot for this opus !

11 hours ago, PapaSwope said:

This is definitely a contender for AOTY, even this early on. Honestly some of the best “swancore” I’ve heard since Eidola, Oranges, and Adventurer all got signed. Straight 🔥🔥🔥

Well... Eidola does have an album coming soon.

I loved this release, and Satyr deserve to become a powerhouse in this scene, but being honest with myself if Eidola's is even half as good as their last two albums then this won't even be close to it in my opinion

• Love 1

This is fucking great! My only complaint is that each song (and ultimately, the whole album) feels so short.

So far, Aesop is my favorite here. I would've thought Picayune would be my top one since I have a tendency to favor the first song I hear from them over the whole album lol

• Love 1

This album is really fucking good

@Can'tComplain I honestly think this is on par with everything Eidola has released. Pretty similar too. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PapaSwope said:

@Can'tComplain I honestly think this is on par with everything Eidola has released. Pretty similar too. 

It's opinions, my comment honestly didn't really have a reason to compare bands. tbh, I just wanted to say a new Eidola is coming. I personally do love Eidola's sound/songwriting more but that's besides the point. It's not like they are competing

Man, This album is right in my pocket. It's all over the place with timing and I love it. 

FLAC added!

FEATURED ALBUM • BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB // I HAD THE BLUES BUT I SHOOK THEM LOOSE • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

Really good album and a true statement for a debut! Reminds me of Eidola, Intervals and early Chon (Demo days) from time to time. One thing is sure, they have skills and know how to use it. 

• Upvote 1

That single is all over the place, in the best way possible. Will check this out.

who ever mixed this deserves an award