967-EVIL

Reflections - Willow (2020)

24 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Really great album, simply put just a techier adaptation of Exi(s)t. It's heavy and atmospheric when you need it, has some groovy tracks on the record. All in all a pretty solid release and can't say I'm disappointed.

• Upvote 1

Came for the album art, stayed for the album. Pretty dope shit.

• Upvote 1

An album so fucking awesome, I have to heart it again and praise it again as well.

Angry boi tunes for fucking days here. Reflections coming back from hiatus to drop this pissed off, tuned low behemoth of an album was just what I needed. When listening to this, I get a lot of Minus The Herd-era Ion Dissonance vibes, it just hits the right fucking spots, even if it's not super flashy. Yeah, people who wanted an album like The Color Clear are probably not going to dig this a lot, but I loved Ex(i)st the most, so I got into this bitch right away. The lyrics might be "edgelord"-tier, but do they hit home with me. So many quotable sections throughout. Slaptastic/10, will listen to over and over again, because I don't go to either anger management or theropy, because who needs that shit when this album exists? Fucking seriously!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

I've been literally opening KL every half hour when I'm home for the last 2 weeks waiting for this hahaha. Saw it this morning and couldn't listen to it before work, drove the LONG way home so I can listen to this LOUD in its entirety and it was great <3

Between From Nothing and Samsara it was hard to tell where the record was going to go as a whole, definitely a heavier vibe was set though.
The Colour Clear just hits so hard emotionally, and that's where they were at that time, and took a risk to make such a vulnerable record and trying all those new elements and IMO was a great success. Would a TCC 2.0 or Exist 2.0 be rad? Nah, it would be forced.

Willow is just fucking relentless, but it's a dark moody album that just happens to work so well. There's no sugarcoating, and its their least "melodic" release yet cause they just went off the deep end of exploring the dark, self loathing and hate filled part of us that's hard to focus on for too long sometimes. The production and vibe of the record is so damn consistent and on point, the dark colours of the album art is all I can see in my head while listening - while the colour clear (even at its heavy moments) still has that light airy "clear" sound.

I wish I could see them in their hometown in April, but fingers crossed their able to make it back to Canada ASAP.

Easily an AOTY contender.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

So I take it the album is more on the heavy side than progressive? :huh:

Should I give it a spin anyway?

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

This band has always been overrated as fuck, and this album is no different. I really don't get the hype behind this, the vocalist is terrible, the mix is AWFUL, and the songwriting is forgettable as fuck. 

Like I get that the guitar is tuned extremely fucking low and the mix is supposed to sound muddy, but it just sounds bad. Glass cloud's EP is a way better example of how a super low tuned guitar mix should sound 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

them getting so close to the brown note with their guitar tuning on this is a swift reminder that man should not play god

album smacks

• Love 1

yeah epic

5 hours ago, Drown said:

So I take it the album is more on the heavy side than progressive? :huh:

Should I give it a spin anyway?

Yeah, I wouldn't call this album Progressive. Maybe Progressive in the sense that it's pushing forward guitars with spaghetti strings, tuned to drop brown note, but that's it.

In all seriousness though, if you want a dark, pissed off ride of an album, give it a listen. I love it.

• Upvote 2

Violent than my city!!!

i was hoping for more clean vocals, can´t complain about the heaviness though, that shit is raw as fuck

6 hours ago, SilverMk6 said:

This band has always been overrated as fuck, and this album is no different. I really don't get the hype behind this, the vocalist is terrible, the mix is AWFUL, and the songwriting is forgettable as fuck. 

Like I get that the guitar is tuned extremely fucking low and the mix is supposed to sound muddy, but it just sounds bad. Glass cloud's EP is a way better example of how a super low tuned guitar mix should sound 

LOL, Do you even Djent bro? Also, the lyrics are deep emotional shit man. Maybe you aren't depressed like the rest of us to enjoy it. 

PSP JEsus.gif

I've given this a few playthroughs now, and it's just not something I find enjoyable.  Sure, it's heavy, but the songs are for the most part pretty disjointed and largely lack any sort of rhythm or melody.  The album mostly plays out as a long series of chugs which just isn't doing much for me.  Pretty one-note, little variation.  Recommended if you like Black Tongue, I guess.

• Upvote 1

Love it, been a fan of theirs for a long time. This album just smacks you in the face from beginning to end. If only I could find their album “e(x)ist” ANYWHERE for some reason it’s the only one I don’t have anymore and I’ve searched everywhere! I definitely recommend giving this album a listen!

rsz_1tapestry1000x-pad750x1000f8f8f8u1.jpg

7 hours ago, PositiveOutlook said:

If only I could find their album “e(x)ist” ANYWHERE for some reason it’s the only one I don’t have anymore and I’ve searched everywhere!

If you're talking about digitally, you can request it here if you give a minimum of $5. Matter of fact, I uploaded it for a user not long ago. "Lost Pages" is still my favorite Reflections song ever.

• Upvote 1

They’re gone for this long and come back with an Emmure cover album? Smh... The Color Clear is considerably better... there’s a few good tracks but I’m already bored after my second day listening to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Significantly the worst album of the year so far. Easily bottom three by year's end.

12 minutes ago, Poon Sauce McNasty said:

Significantly the worst album of the year so far. Easily bottom three by year's end.

legitimately how

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

26 minutes ago, Maximo said:

legitimately how

The biggest issue is there's literally no songwriting. Every song is a muddled mundane mess with layered vocals out the ass and sounds like a really bad Emmure cover band.

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:43 AM, oldsoul said:

I've given this a few playthroughs now, and it's just not something I find enjoyable.  Sure, it's heavy, but the songs are for the most part pretty disjointed and largely lack any sort of rhythm or melody.  The album mostly plays out as a long series of chugs which just isn't doing much for me.  Pretty one-note, little variation.  Recommended if you like Black Tongue, I guess.

Black Tongue's sense of songwriting is worlds better than this boring chugfest, particularly on their last 2 albums. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, when I listen to this album, I just can't get over how much of an Emmure cover band Reflections are being here. What a bunch of rip-offs. Matter of fact, every time I listen to Car Bomb, Fronterier, Ion Dissonance, Sectioned, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, any Metalcore band with 7/8-string guitars with loads of dissonant grooves and low end, I can't help but think how much they're taking from Emmure.

And on top of that, Emmure started off their career ripping off The Acacia Strain, so we're getting rip-offs OF rip-off bands. How fucked is that?

Truly eye opening shit going on in this thread, bros.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Invidious said:

Black Tongue's sense of songwriting is worlds better than this boring chugfest, particularly on their last 2 albums. 

Thank you. Don't know how you can even begin to compare this to Black Tongue when their last release was straight fire. 

I love Emmure as a guilty pleasure but this I can't get down with and really don't comprehend the praise for it. It's just uninspired and boring, sorry guys just not feeling this one. 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:27 AM, Frak The Gods said:

LOL, Do you even Djent bro? Also, the lyrics are deep emotional shit man. Maybe you aren't depressed like the rest of us to enjoy it. 

For real though bro, I really like the lyrics to samara.

I like this band's lyrics, but the music just doesn't vibe with me that hard man. I really like the lyrics to samsara though. 

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD