Lord Kingdom

The Amity Affliction - Everyone Loves You... Once You Leave Them (2020)

50 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote 1

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

Here we fucken  go !!!!!!

N I C E ?

As someone who was super keen for this album, and has loved every Amity album to date, even have them tattooed on me, this could easily be in my opinion the most mediocre album I have ever heard, by any band. Just my 2 cents, hopefully everyone else likes it but its a big no from me

Edit:

Least favourite: aloneliness

Most favourite: born to lose

Edited by Perspectives
Adding thoughts

FxSom2A.jpg

Enjoyed it born to lose was my least favorite track ...but happy for this album glad I purchased it ?

This is fucking pure fire and solid gold!

In before everyone says this is Misery part 2 aside from the singles.

Will edit later.

Was a bit unsure what to think after the first listen purely because it isn't what I expected but after 2 listens. Im digging  it hard 

• Upvote 2

Is the file named after birdsex? :lol:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

3 minutes ago, Drown said:

Is the file named after birdsex? :lol:

FarawayDownrightHornet-size_restricted.g

• Haha 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

All My Friends Are Dead gave me the impression that they may finally put out a good album. Whoops. It's the only good song on here.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha this intro track is fuckin sick

• Upvote 2

Wait, people actually expected a completely heavy album? Swear they said they were embracing their heavier side again but basically mixing it with the new sound introduced with Misery?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

Wait, people actually expected a completely heavy album? Swear they said they were embracing their heavier side again but basically mixing it with the new sound introduced with Misery?

Update: Deleted Aloneliness for obvious reasons but the rest of this is solid

• Upvote 1

"Soak Me In Cleaning Supplies" - it's hard for me to take that song seriously! But I've always liked these guys, listening to this so far so good. But I'm afraid once Polaris comes out I won't even play this :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thought this was not quite as good as their previous album, but still pretty solid nonetheless

• Upvote 1

This is very hit or miss for me. I actually really enjoyed Misery a lot, probably my favourite Amity album to date... which makes the departure from that sound a bit disappointing for me.

There are a lot of good moments hidden in here, some really nice choruses and the riff in Born To Lose is sick, but they just feel shadowed out by the amount of boring riffs and forgettable melodies.

Unlike everybody else, I wasn’t super sold on the singles either, I thought All My Friends Are Dead was a bit lacklustre and just heavy for the sake of being heavy, the same with Catatonia. Soak Me In Bleach kind of grew on me a bit, but the sudden tempo changes and lack of a cohesive flow took quite a while to get used to.

As final thoughts, I think when the album shines then it really shines, but it’s not as often enough as I would like. I also really dislike the mix on a lot of the tracks. I really dislike that sort of ‘clipping’ sound when all the instruments come in together, as heard most clearly in Catatonia.

Please bear in mind that I am not an avid album reviewer and this is just my opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt.

‘All I Do Is Sink’ is probably my favourite on the whole album, followed by ‘Born To Lose’ and ‘Soak Me In Bleach’.

I’m all for bands switching up their sound, unfortunately this just falls a little bit flat for me.

• Upvote 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

21 hours ago, Scotty_Trees said:

"Soak Me In Cleaning Supplies" - it's hard for me to take that song seriously! But I've always liked these guys, listening to this so far so good. But I'm afraid once Polaris comes out I won't even play this :P

I get the feeling that Polaris is being massively overhyped, and a lot of people are going to be disappointed.  Getting a 'heavy for the sake of being heavy' vibe with the last two singles. Jmo, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Not great, not awful.

I honestly liked all the singles, but personally Soak Me In Bleach was quite boring after a couple listens. 

I’ve listened to this album a couple times now, and I have to say there are a couple standout tracks, but also some songs that I just skipped each time because I really do not like them.

The one thing that confused me so much about this album, was that I watched multiple interviews with Joel before this album releasing where he said “We went way too soft with Misery, i just wanna make heavy music again and this album is” But the album is far from being “heavy” at all. And even by saying that, the heavy songs on this album are personally my least favourite tracks. 

A majority of listening i felt like they were torn between making heavy music they wanted to make, and making something radio friendly/closer to Misery. Also half of the choruses are very bland to me and really don’t catch me as much as Ahren’s choruses normally do. But I honestly feel like I prefer Amity now when they are making tracks that take a bit of a risk to sound different. Because the heavier songs, or the more classic Amity sounding songs on this album for the most part, bored me.

But track by track overall:

Coffin: Cool intro, cool to hear Amity do a heavy intro, they haven’t really done anything like this before. So it’s cool. But nothing amazing. 

All My Friends Are Dead: Probably my favourite single, i feel like the basic chorus works well with the vibe of the song and it works well, a good mix of heavy and catchy vibes

Soak Me In Bleach: I feel like this is a song that just happens. It’s Amity doing Amity but it doesn’t do anything to wow me. Its okay. 

All I Do Is Sink: I love this track. Probably my favourite. It’s catchy, simple and it’s a perfect balance of Joel and Ahren complimenting eachother vocally. The only thing i dislike about this track is the random ass break in the middle of the song that sounds like its about to go into a massive breakdown, only to change after 10 seconds and go back to the song. I don’t know why they even bothered putting that in there. 

Baltimore Rain: Meh

Aloneliness: Mehhhhhh

Forever: Pretty good track, not amazing once again. But Amity doing Amity

Just Like Me: Love this track too, My second favourite track. It’s close to the vibe of Misery, its catchy, it’s got a sense of heavy. And it’s not straying too far from that Amity sound. 

Born To Lose: It really surprises me that the heaviest song on the album would be one of my least favourite tracks. But this bored me. It did nothing new and i really wasn’t feeling pumped up at any point of the track. Kinda falls flat and thats sad. 

Fever Dream: its alright. Nothing amazing once again.

Catatonia: Another cool track, i like this one too. But it’s very very similar to the structure of AMFAD. 

I've never been a big fan of this band, but after "Misery" (which was the first album I've had heard from them) I thought they can deliver way better album than Misery was (AMFAD was fire, Soak Me In Bleach was nice mix of heavy and melodic vocals, Catatonia was meh for me, but whatever). After my first listen I was really pissed of, because if they could spent more time and focused more on each song, It could be way better than this. For me, every song has some potential, but it was tore down by other moments so the song went from 8/10 song to 4/10 song. 

This was a big dissapointment for me. I read opinions from others and I can agree with most of them. Some songs are not that bad, but they're still somehow stucked in the demo version of themselves and It could be waaaay better. There's a big wave of hate on "Aloneliness" which felt little bit cringy from the beginning but imo It's good song, not great but good. 

It's listenable but after first listen, I don't want to listen to it ever again as a whole.

Sadly, 6.5/10 for me :( 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1