Sign in to follow this  
Guest atomicody

I need more bands like this in my life, help me out?

5 posts in this topic

So it was pretty recently that I discovered Dance Gavin Dance -
The whole entire experience has been extremely surreal & honestly life-changing. I've finally developed a pretty solid music taste and it's what they do.

It's like organized chaos..  Frantic, but then calm--sporadic and aggressive but then... melodic and beautiful? I'm not sure how to explain it lol.  :/

Aside from what I'm always seeing them listed as; under 'post-hardcore', there's gotta be another genre I can search up to find some similar music.

If not, I'm really just looking for bands who sound like or give that same feeling as Dance Gavin Dance or one band I've found that sounds similar:

They're touring with them at a show I'll be heading out to in a few days.

Help me out please?! Not much luck wading through youtube's "related" bands or really anywhere else.

Pretty much any band signed to Blue Swan Records sounds like DGD, cause it's the guitarists label.

• Love 1

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

You could listen to the countless side projects the band has spawned... Emarosa, Slaves, A Lot Like Birds, Secret Band, Strawberry Girls, Tides Of Man (Tilians first band), Isles & Glaciers.

If you like old DGD listen to Chiodos and D.R.U.G.S. Tillian also tried out for Saosin; you might like them too. Honestly DGD and Emarosa are two of my favs, and Emarosa is touring with another band I love, Anarbor... peep them too.

You can also look up "mathcore" or "math rock" which is one of the genres the band falls under. Coheed and Cambria is another falsetto fronted math rock band, a lot less screaming though.

Pretty much any band signed to Blue Swan Records sounds like DGD, cause it's the guitarists label.

Yeah check out Blue Swan's bands. Oranges is one of my favorite bands on their label. 

Yeah check out Blue Swan's bands. Oranges is one of my favorite bands on their label. 

I agree about the Blue Swan bands "swancore" with Eidola being one of my favorites.

Anyone have a download link for the Oranges album?