Summers

Falling In Reverse - The Drug In Me Is Reimagined [Single] (2020)

37 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is it folks. This is how you do a re-imagined version of a song. Not just adding some acoustic guitars, but actually turning it into a different song entirely.

Hats off to Ronnie for a amazing piano solo too. 

• Upvote 8

Yes this is absolutely fucking AMAZING!!!

Hell if they keep doing stuff like this,  I sure in hell wouldn't mind them doing a completely reimagined version of the whole album. 

• Upvote 6

This was beautiful

Hope they make the whole album reimagined this is absolutly beautiful.

• Upvote 1

I love this. Love how they Tim Burtonfied the original artwork too. Good shit. 

• Upvote 1

Wow. Say what you want about Ronnie, but his vocals are absolutely incredible, especially here. This isn't your average, lame ass rock ballad (Bad Wolves - Sober ?), this is genuinely beautiful

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

And yet, still no LP on the horizon :((

I'm dieing for a new falling in reverse album, everything recently has been incredibly top notch

• Upvote 4

holy shit what this is lovely

Holy. Shit. This is fantastic! I loved the stripped down piano version, and THEN! Then then went full metal with it. It’s beautiful, haunting, and wonderful. 

That piano solo sent shivers down my spine. Holy shit this is amazing. I'd argue this is better than the original track.

Wow ? I love the ending

This is just incredible. The piano along with Ronnie's vocals is beautiful. Then the ending hits, fuck, this is good. 

• Upvote 1

That's why Ronnie is my fave person. 

• Upvote 1

I digged the original version, so you gotta be sure I'll dig this one as well

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

This is incredible. wow.

Ronnie's voice...

The Day I Left the Womb is my favourite acoustic song of all time and this had vibes of that.

This songs just gets better and better like fucking hell, how is this real.

• Upvote 1

Wow.. I have to admit I was the first to judge this man for his behaviour and my own personal dislike for some of the songs they made way back. But lately I broke the barriers of judgement we all sometimes have and discovered that this band and most of all, Radke, is one extremely talented dude.

• Upvote 1

Quite possibly the best reimagined song I have ever heard.

• Upvote 6

Imagine making a reimagined song  this good

• Upvote 3

Really nice.

They've come pretty far, considering they started with the original version of this, which is catchy, but a tad cringe-worthy and was a guilty pleasure of mine at the time. I loved Coming Home (the album), Losing my Life is next level and Popular Monster one of my favourite songs of 2019. This version is amazing, too. Can't wait for the things to come. 

This is actually incredible! Absolutely love it!

First minute or so of this gave me huge GOT vibes, whole thing turned out beautiful. This and Popular Monster are giving me faith in these guys releasing a great album later this year (even though this won't be on it - just shows them music skills).

You guys have no fucking idea how personal this is to me. No fucking idea at all.
I just cant stop crying, holy shit

• Love 2

No hate towards what the band normally sounds like, but they are normally not for me at all. 

That being said this is unbelievable. Without any nostalgia to the band or the original song this still hit me with the chills. I hope this becomes a classic. I would absolutely buy an album of stuff like this. 

Ronnie is absolutely amazing, his range especially,

Got some real MCR feels at the end of this too which was nice ☺️

There's a few pretty neat little callback "Easter egg" type things to notice with this release! One being the similarities between the piano melody in the chorus and the melody of the piano break towards the end of Caught Like A Fly and then in the video not only do we see the prom queen from the original album art but also if you pay attention to Ronnie's mouth you can see he actually IS a vampire this time around! 

I thought at first that the Tim Burton/Sally inspired cover art was kinda random but then I thought about an old interview/tattoo tour type of thing where Jacky talks about his Tim Burton sleeve and that kinda made me feel like maybe the piano solo and the reimagined cover could possibly be tribute/shout out/thank you to Jacky for being what he was for the debut album but that one is just speculation on my part! I'm really not sure what the significance of the prom queen catching on fire in the end of the video is but I may be missing something thereWith all that being said I am absolutely blown away by this not only how incredibly beautiful it is but Ronnie's growth since TDIMIY and also DIYLF he has made some tiny little choices musically and personally over his long career that I've not been a huge fan of but he has never failed to absolutely blow my mind at some point with everything he has done.. Love it 

• Love 1