ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Summers

Suicide Silence - Become The Hunter (2020)

60 posts in this topic

Man Lorna Shore destroys this in every way possible 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Other Releases by

1 minute ago, Summers said:

Man Lorna Shore destroys this in every way possible 

I agree that album has set such a bar in deathcore that this and Bodysnatcher has bored me

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

giphy (2).gif

This shit not even close to Immortal lmao. Good but not great. 6/10

• Love 2

Would it be too much if someone said TAIM's latest album is better? Well, idk it's just how people see it in their own opinion. Lorna Shore definitely had a stronger impact and this was a little underwhelming but you know what they tried, as long as they keep their roots this time. 

I'd say in my honest opinion it's a 7/10, pretty average and replayable definitely, depends on if you really liked it or not. Love me to death, feel alive, and others were bangers, I just dont know if it will compete with all the modern deathcore albums. 

And yes I agree with @Prototype539 I honestly hated Bodysnatcher it was way too overhyped but it's not dogshit like some other bands I've seen. Anyways, thank you for the early 1 day leak man! 

We need a new All Shall Perish record.

EDIT: someone said this album is missing some "oomph" I think, and they're right. Maybe the guitars are missing some low end or the bass needs to punch more or something, but the mix doesn't really slap.

Better than Self-Titled thrash

TAIM is the best Deathcore band nowadays.

This isn't a great deathcore record but it's definitely a solid one, and easily so much better than their attempt at nu-deathcore or whatever the fuck the last one was. First half is p solid but second half it really picks the fuck up tracks 7 - 10 are really good. Closer is kinda boring just like the featured vocalist's band.

• Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Well.... at least the album art work is pretty sick! 

• Downvote 1

Standard Suicide Silence here. Nothing spectacular but it's enjoyable.

• Upvote 2

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

I’m honestly so confused with these comments. Like someone else said, this is picking up right where “You Can’t Stop Me” left off. This entire record is just a solid foundation of brutality and showcases what this band is truly made of. With Eddie, this is their best record. Every single song smashes and the energy never stops. That title track really caught me off guard. Holy fuck. Eddie’s highs are so fucking sharp, I love it. I love the tight sounding production as well. 8.5/10 for me. 

Also, I feel like if this band didn’t release that last disaster of an album back in 2017, this album wouldn’t get the hate it’s receiving. Let’s face it, we can forget about that now, because the boys are back in their niche. Can’t wait to see them on my birthday in May

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jedjazz said:

RIP Mitch Lucker. 

Still remember when he passed. Skipped school and listened to their albums on repeat.

Excited to give this a spin, Hernan still has big shoes to fill. 

hermida-and-lucker-1000x500.jpg

nice bro

Pretty good, definitely what the last album shouldve been but not top tier The Black Crown material.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

this basically sounds like if The Black Crown had a better mix and Eddie instead of Mitch

in other words, it's pretty alright, nothing too special but it's 'ard, and at least the nu-metal influence isn't as obnoxious this time around

10 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

Loving the list of complaints on here, the negativity is straight comedy, best comment is Eddie still has bigger shoes to fill as it relates to Mitch, get a clue man, Mitch is gone dude. Its ain't Eddie's fault, they were damn good friends as well, and to top all that, Eddie is more of a solid vocalist than what Mitch ever was. All Shall Perish and Suicide Silence came up together in the scene in Cali, Eddie fitting in SS was never an issue for most fans of both ASP, and SS. This picks up right where You Can't Stop Me left off, and I couldn't be fucking happier to see these dudes back in their fucking element. Last album was a cool experimental venture,  but I'm glad they came back to what brought them to the dance. 

this guy gets it

now give me all shall perish - this is alright to pass the time until we get a great record.

tumblr_nfx3hbqWqX1s03x0vo1_500.gif.cc6d5528496e9d13151c966cbda83319.gif

Ill get shit for this but ive never really checked these guys out. I just cant get into deathcore. Anyway I dig the few songs on here that are more metal and groove oriented like serene obscene. I was curious if anyone knew what song is the one they played live a while ago. Sounded very korn esque. Might of been called the one? I remember seeing a live video easily over a year ago

Album's good for what it is, it's just kind of funny to see them backpedaling super hard back into being standard deathcore after Eddie called every other deathcore band sellouts for not trying to sound like a bad Deftones rip off

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

Ill get shit for this but ive never really checked these guys out. I just cant get into deathcore. Anyway I dig the few songs on here that are more metal and groove oriented like serene obscene. I was curious if anyone knew what song is the one they played live a while ago. Sounded very korn esque. Might of been called the one? I remember seeing a live video easily over a year ago

You need to at the very, very least check out Odyssey to the West by Slice the Cake as well as Exoplanet by The Contortionist.  In my honest opinion, those are two of the best deathcore records you will ever hear... And yes, they are so much more than just deathcore too.  

Their best album since No Time to Bleed, imo

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mcyates35 said:

Their best album since No Time to Bleed, imo

+1. 

• Upvote 1

I tried to listen to this again and I'm confused why this is getting such high reviews like Enterprise Earth, Shadow of Intent, Despised Icon, Whitechapel and Fit for an Autopsy released a lot better records last year and even Lorna Shore this year (granted WC and FFAA are like a metalcore/deathcore mixture). Whitechapels record shows you can change your sound as a deathcore band and still gain fans but Phil does have a lot better cleans than Eddie so I get it if SS do not want to move in that direction, they could still re-attempt their sound from the self-titled maybe with a new producer cause honestly Ross butchered a lot of that record imo and if the production was a bit better I would probably rate it higher than this even. (About equal scores atm) Also I agree with that backpedaling comment and I saw this as a slighty above average deathcore record, I feel like people are liking it cause it is "heavy" rather than actually liking the substance of the record itself and also cause of their name/how big they are too. I would rate this a 5/10 as I think its generic and isn't doing anything for the genre honestly with these dumb high reviews deathcore is likely to take a few steps back again just when it was starting to get some footing again which sucks, I reckon this will be lower down on deathcore lists this year at least for me personally

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Summers said:

I feel like people are liking it cause it is "heavy" rather than actually liking the substance of the record itself

This is how I feel almost every "known metalcore band" comment section here is.

THEY CHUGGA CHUGG 10/10 ALBUM OF THE YEAR

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

that guitar tone at the start of two steps is fucking disgusting

how do they do that

A good record but nothing outstanding. Although i will say it's probably one of their best records. Certainly better than YCSM. This is Eddie showing us what he can do.

I hope they do something different next album. Build upon the better side of the teehee album. If they keep this kinda sound they'll die a quiet death because deathcore is pretty much irrelevant these days

28 minutes ago, 98izzark said:

@se7endreams you must've missed Immortal 

Nope. I think Lorna Shore are overrated. I really enjoyed their work when Tom Barber was the vocalist. The newer material just doesn't do it for me.

• Upvote 1

I've never been so nervous to listen to an album before..........fingers crossed this isn't like their last release.

5effd2a4750bd913316084.gif

This is solid! This is their best release in about 6 years. It has everything you'd love about the band in it. I don't think there's a bad track

thanks