Summers

Suicide Silence - Become The Hunter (2020)

59 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

And y'all doubted he'd do it smhsmh

• Haha 8

Banger.

• Love 1

Tee hee

Will listen to this tomorrow.

• Haha 1

!! My neck just got stiff in excitement!

• Haha 3

Very VERY drastic step up from whatever the fuck they released in 2017. Not anything groundbreaking or innovative or even unique in the slightest, but a very fun listen regardless. It’s nothing but a good, mindlessly heavy album with some really cool tracks. Skin Tight sounds like something from the S/T era if it was actually written by a person with a brain. Probably the best song on the album. Other highlights are Two Steps, Disaster Valley, and Become The Hunter. Solid 7/10. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

And y'all doubted he'd do it smhsmh

who doubted him?  I just kept seeing people who did believe him but kept requesting it because they didn't care about SS and wanted it pushed back more :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

=8) Thanks !

The mad lad actually didn’t have it leaked until 8:31pm EST. Bravo my friend for sticking to it

SS ain’t been my cup of tea for a long while now but I will give this one a shot. Really enjoyed participating in the chaos of chat <3

• Upvote 1

Awesome, been waiting on this one. Thanks for posting!

• Upvote 2

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

23 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Very VERY drastic step up from whatever the fuck they released in 2017. Not anything groundbreaking or innovative or even unique in the slightest, but a very fun listen regardless. It’s nothing but a good, mindlessly heavy album with some really cool tracks. Skin Tight sounds like something from the S/T era if it was actually written by a person with a brain. Probably the best song on the album. Other highlights are Two Steps, Disaster Valley, and Become The Hunter. Solid 7/10. 

I'd have to pretty much second this review. mindless heavy fun and a MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE step up from their S/T solid 7/10 for me as well

• Upvote 1

giphy (2).gif

Thanks. I can't wait to check it out. I'm sure that title track is gonna be huge with Darius on it too. 

• Upvote 3

Tee he-HOLY SHIT!!! Nevermind...must've been a different band

• Haha 1

I think I might be the only be person who thinks that this band hasn’t ever really been fantastic. Even then, I somewhat appreciated their last record because of its attempt at doing something new, and it was indeed a huge risk for them. Have yet to listen to this but I’ll probably give it a try because I think Eddie is a talented vocalist.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

movements.gif

2 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Become thehunteraciastrain

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

Just now, dewey duck said:

Become thehunteraciastrain

This is the worst thing I have EVER seen 

• Haha 4

Just now, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

This is the worst thing I have EVER seen 

bro im the CEO of worst things you’ve ever seen

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

grabbed it. thank you!

let me say, without listening...it's gonna be heavier than that last wet fart of a record because it's not inspired by anything other than 'lets be heavy'. also feel like that last song should crush w/Darrius on it...

• Upvote 1

Its just missing something you know... needs more oomph idk and no this isnt a Mitch Lucker joke I just mean its actually missing somthing for me 

This is so amazing! Deathcore album of the year so far. Eddie's highs really remind me of Mitch on this album. God, what a perfect comeback after that horrendous Self-Titled trash.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

This is really good

• Upvote 1

Thanks alot :)

RIP Mitch Lucker. 

Still remember when he passed. Skipped school and listened to their albums on repeat.

Excited to give this a spin, Hernan still has big shoes to fill. 

hermida-and-lucker-1000x500.jpg

This is so dull and boring, it almost feels insincere.
"Oh yeah, we fucked up, here's deathcore again."

Monotone, uninspired, uninteresting. Although Death's Anxiety, Skin Tight and The Scythe are great tracks, this is arguably their worst release. Self titled gets unnecessary hate because wah wah muh deathcore gone and Eddie is doing TEEHEE XDXDXD. S/T was actually pretty creative, there was more effort put into recording something odd like that nu-deathcore than this. It just feels like a huge apology to the deathcore pussies still wanting to believe this band is actually good. Ever since No Time To Bleed their music is being more and more boring, abusing the standard deathcore formula and it's not even funny anymore, that's why I much more prefer them going out of their comfort zone. Yeah S/T could've had better production and what not but I still think it was a step towards something that the genre/band was missing.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

kl signature.jpg

Loving the list of complaints on here, the negativity is straight comedy, best comment is Eddie still has bigger shoes to fill as it relates to Mitch, get a clue man, Mitch is gone dude. Its ain't Eddie's fault, they were damn good friends as well, and to top all that, Eddie is more of a solid vocalist than what Mitch ever was. All Shall Perish and Suicide Silence came up together in the scene in Cali, Eddie fitting in SS was never an issue for most fans of both ASP, and SS. This picks up right where You Can't Stop Me left off, and I couldn't be fucking happier to see these dudes back in their fucking element. Last album was a cool experimental venture,  but I'm glad they came back to what brought them to the dance. 

• Love 4

2 hours ago, se7endreams said:

This is so amazing! Deathcore album of the year so far. Eddie's highs really remind me of Mitch on this album. God, what a perfect comeback after that horrendous Self-Titled trash.

Immortal is crushing this album :lol: