Summers

Asking Alexandria - They Don't Want What We Want (And They Don't Care) [Single] (2020)

81 posts in this topic

it's basically reminds me of how Eighteen Visions self titled went so melodic/radio friendly for them, but that was my favorite album of theirs. I actually don't mind this track :)

Other Releases by

I wish I could say I liked this. In their case, I prefer the direction change. He’s got a great voice that’s wasted on the old Deathcore stuff. But this song just doesn’t do it for me. Hopefully the album will be good. 

This song is pretty sick imo, WAY better than violence & anything on self titled

• Downvote 1

Surprisingly I like it, waaaaaayy better than The Violence

This is better ? 

• Love 1

Pretty decent, better than The Violence too, much powerfull & energy, my favorite from this album yet.

Yes its better than The Violence, no its not good. That buildup at the end was a slap in my face.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

The entire song is cookie cutter arena rock.

Better than Danny's solo stuff and The Violence but still not good enough.

• Upvote 3

I like this. Just nice well produced rock. Nothing wrong with it and nothing wrong with enjoying both old AA and current AA

I’m totally down for good arena rock/mainstream rock... imo though this song doesn’t quite get there. I can tell they’re going for a Shinedown vibe as someone else mentioned, but I think that band has much stronger hooks/overall songwriting. The chorus of this just isn’t very memorable to me, and that’s kind of a deal breaker for a song like this.

• Upvote 2

Not my favorite thing in the world but I can get behind this, not bad AA

Genre - Alt Rock, Arena Rock

• Upvote 1

This actually sounds like a natural progression from their last album, that was actually good mainly because I think Alone in a Room is the biggest song these guys have ever written.... 
Miles ahead than ''The Violence'' - pretty much a monkey hitting his ding dong in a china cymbal would be too  - but why cant they blend something from the past?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It's alright.

better than The Violence

Ok. Still a bit disappointing but whatever. I've lost hope at this point but I'm sure the album won't be inherently "bad", just like the others...it's just not what I wish AA would be today. But that's not up to me, or any of us, so I respect their decision and they do this new style kinda well so it's just..idk it's whatever lol.

tbh i like this more than that jaden watch me rip off

song title kinda corny tho lmao

2 and a half years since their self-titled released and even From Death to Destiny formed the roots in this sound and people still complain they changed.

When this band made heavier music, we flamed them for copy-and-paste Hot Topic metal, now that they make music they're more passionate about (boy I sure do miss songs about cocaine and alcoholism, don't you?), we flame them for making arena rock.

Hate to break it to you all, but this is Asking Alexandria. Take it or leave it.

That having been said, the guitars in this song sound way too distorted, but not like the gain... Like the sound itself is fuzzy. I expect this album to be a formulaic carbon copy of their self-titled; which is okay with me. I think it shows when a band is more invested in the music they're making. Their old stuff, while I do love, don't get me wrong, just sounds hollow. At least this band has substance now.

I don't love this, but I don't hate it.

Thanks!

• Upvote 4

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

5 minutes ago, Aria said:

2 and a half years since their self-titled released and even From Death to Destiny formed the roots in this sound and people still complain they changed.

When this band made heavier music, we flamed them for copy-and-paste Hot Topic metal, now that they make music they're more passionate about (boy I sure do miss songs about cocaine and alcoholism, don't you?), we flame them for making arena rock.

Hate to break it to you all, but this is Asking Alexandria. Take it or leave it.

That having been said, the guitars in this song sound way too distorted, but not like the gain... Like the sound itself is fuzzy. I expect this album to be a formulaic carbon copy of their self-titled; which is okay with me. I think it shows when a band is more invested in the music they're making. Their old stuff, while I do love, don't get me wrong, just sounds hollow. At least this band has substance now.

I don't love this, but I don't hate it.

Thanks!

I respect your view, but I gotta say I see it as the exact opposite. I think they has substance back in R&R and FDTD, especially FDTD. He was writing about cocaine and alcoholism because he was an addict and alcoholic lol. A lot of the songs on the self titled lacked substance. Where did it go is just "we're the best", empire sounds lyrically like every song ever, when the lights come on is just a "shows are cool" song, rise up is just generic "I will overcome" song, etc, with a few pretty decent songs mixed in there. And now the last two songs seem to be just vaguely political alt rock

• Upvote 1

Its undeniably generic as fuck, but generic doesn't mean I don't like it. Its a super catchy/fun song and I could see myself listening to it a bit. Much better then The Violence for me, but it doesn't come near Room 138 for me. 

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Please stop making music

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, guywithamango said:

I respect your view, but I gotta say I see it as the exact opposite. I think they has substance back in R&R and FDTD, especially FDTD. He was writing about cocaine and alcoholism because he was an addict and alcoholic lol. A lot of the songs on the self titled lacked substance. Where did it go is just "we're the best", empire sounds lyrically like every song ever, when the lights come on is just a "shows are cool" song, rise up is just generic "I will overcome" song, etc, with a few pretty decent songs mixed in there. And now the last two songs seem to be just vaguely political alt rock

I don't understand your point saying the songs they write now lack substance with your example being the "we're the best" song; have you even heard Reckless & Relentless

Music is fucking dead!
Thanks to you cunts, stabbing it in the fucking chest
You, and all these fake, righteous, undeserving bands
Fuck you!

I am rock and roll
Livin' the life that you can only dream of
I am rock and roll
At it's fucking finest

But, to that end, I do agree with the newer songs having that mentality being hollow, because I feel like he writes them to attempt to re-capture this former sound.

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

1 minute ago, Aria said:

I don't understand your point saying the songs they write now lack substance with your example being the "we're the best" song; have you even heard Reckless & Relentless

But, to that end, I do agree with the newer songs having that mentality being hollow, because I feel like he writes them to attempt to re-capture this former sound.

R&R is mainly party songs, but it doesn't pretend to be super evolved and mature

Just now, guywithamango said:

R&R is mainly party songs, but it doesn't pretend to be super evolved and mature

That's a fair point. Perhaps we could agree that Danny just isn't a good songwriter. lol

• Haha 1

Everything about this tells me that I shouldn’t like it... but I kinda dig it

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

earlier in the band's career I found them generic. gimmicky, and actually nothing worth listening to/respecting. now, maybe since danny went radio rock, i've been much more a fan. 'into the fire' was a great song, and I'm actually a fan of them recently. hopefully this meets expectations. thanks

• Downvote 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Oh, I love Fall Out Boy.

14 hours ago, Lelouch6661 said:

Imagine Dragons-core

yeah, but arena rock from the 80's, not this

Ever listen to Andrew W.K.?

20200608_180043.png