Summers

Asking Alexandria - They Don't Want What We Want (And They Don't Care) [Single] (2020)

81 posts in this topic

it's basically reminds me of how Eighteen Visions self titled went so melodic/radio friendly for them, but that was my favorite album of theirs. I actually don't mind this track :)

Share this post


Link to post

Other Releases by

I wish I could say I liked this. In their case, I prefer the direction change. He’s got a great voice that’s wasted on the old Deathcore stuff. But this song just doesn’t do it for me. Hopefully the album will be good. 

Share this post


Link to post

This song is pretty sick imo, WAY better than violence & anything on self titled

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Surprisingly I like it, waaaaaayy better than The Violence

Share this post


Link to post

This is better ? 

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty decent, better than The Violence too, much powerfull & energy, my favorite from this album yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes its better than The Violence, no its not good. That buildup at the end was a slap in my face.

  • Upvote 2

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post

The entire song is cookie cutter arena rock.

Better than Danny's solo stuff and The Violence but still not good enough.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

I like this. Just nice well produced rock. Nothing wrong with it and nothing wrong with enjoying both old AA and current AA

Share this post


Link to post

I’m totally down for good arena rock/mainstream rock... imo though this song doesn’t quite get there. I can tell they’re going for a Shinedown vibe as someone else mentioned, but I think that band has much stronger hooks/overall songwriting. The chorus of this just isn’t very memorable to me, and that’s kind of a deal breaker for a song like this.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Not my favorite thing in the world but I can get behind this, not bad AA

Share this post


Link to post

Genre - Alt Rock, Arena Rock
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

This actually sounds like a natural progression from their last album, that was actually good mainly because I think Alone in a Room is the biggest song these guys have ever written.... 
Miles ahead than ''The Violence'' - pretty much a monkey hitting his ding dong in a china cymbal would be too  - but why cant they blend something from the past?
 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

It's alright.

Share this post


Link to post

better than The Violence

Share this post


Link to post

Ok. Still a bit disappointing but whatever. I've lost hope at this point but I'm sure the album won't be inherently "bad", just like the others...it's just not what I wish AA would be today. But that's not up to me, or any of us, so I respect their decision and they do this new style kinda well so it's just..idk it's whatever lol.

Share this post


Link to post

tbh i like this more than that jaden watch me rip off

 

song title kinda corny tho lmao

Share this post


Link to post

2 and a half years since their self-titled released and even From Death to Destiny formed the roots in this sound and people still complain they changed.

When this band made heavier music, we flamed them for copy-and-paste Hot Topic metal, now that they make music they're more passionate about (boy I sure do miss songs about cocaine and alcoholism, don't you?), we flame them for making arena rock.

Hate to break it to you all, but this is Asking Alexandria. Take it or leave it.

 

That having been said, the guitars in this song sound way too distorted, but not like the gain... Like the sound itself is fuzzy. I expect this album to be a formulaic carbon copy of their self-titled; which is okay with me. I think it shows when a band is more invested in the music they're making. Their old stuff, while I do love, don't get me wrong, just sounds hollow. At least this band has substance now.

I don't love this, but I don't hate it.

 

Thanks!

 

  • Upvote 4

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Aria said:

2 and a half years since their self-titled released and even From Death to Destiny formed the roots in this sound and people still complain they changed.

When this band made heavier music, we flamed them for copy-and-paste Hot Topic metal, now that they make music they're more passionate about (boy I sure do miss songs about cocaine and alcoholism, don't you?), we flame them for making arena rock.

Hate to break it to you all, but this is Asking Alexandria. Take it or leave it.

 

That having been said, the guitars in this song sound way too distorted, but not like the gain... Like the sound itself is fuzzy. I expect this album to be a formulaic carbon copy of their self-titled; which is okay with me. I think it shows when a band is more invested in the music they're making. Their old stuff, while I do love, don't get me wrong, just sounds hollow. At least this band has substance now.

I don't love this, but I don't hate it.

 

Thanks!

 

I respect your view, but I gotta say I see it as the exact opposite. I think they has substance back in R&R and FDTD, especially FDTD. He was writing about cocaine and alcoholism because he was an addict and alcoholic lol. A lot of the songs on the self titled lacked substance. Where did it go is just "we're the best", empire sounds lyrically like every song ever, when the lights come on is just a "shows are cool" song, rise up is just generic "I will overcome" song, etc, with a few pretty decent songs mixed in there. And now the last two songs seem to be just vaguely political alt rock

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Its undeniably generic as fuck, but generic doesn't mean I don't like it. Its a super catchy/fun song and I could see myself listening to it a bit. Much better then The Violence for me, but it doesn't come near Room 138 for me. 


http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

 

Share this post


Link to post

Please stop making music

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, guywithamango said:

I respect your view, but I gotta say I see it as the exact opposite. I think they has substance back in R&R and FDTD, especially FDTD. He was writing about cocaine and alcoholism because he was an addict and alcoholic lol. A lot of the songs on the self titled lacked substance. Where did it go is just "we're the best", empire sounds lyrically like every song ever, when the lights come on is just a "shows are cool" song, rise up is just generic "I will overcome" song, etc, with a few pretty decent songs mixed in there. And now the last two songs seem to be just vaguely political alt rock

 

I don't understand your point saying the songs they write now lack substance with your example being the "we're the best" song; have you even heard Reckless & Relentless

Quote

Music is fucking dead!
Thanks to you cunts, stabbing it in the fucking chest
You, and all these fake, righteous, undeserving bands
Fuck you!

...

I am rock and roll
Livin' the life that you can only dream of
I am rock and roll
At it's fucking finest

 

But, to that end, I do agree with the newer songs having that mentality being hollow, because I feel like he writes them to attempt to re-capture this former sound.


"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Aria said:

 

I don't understand your point saying the songs they write now lack substance with your example being the "we're the best" song; have you even heard Reckless & Relentless

 

But, to that end, I do agree with the newer songs having that mentality being hollow, because I feel like he writes them to attempt to re-capture this former sound.

R&R is mainly party songs, but it doesn't pretend to be super evolved and mature

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, guywithamango said:

R&R is mainly party songs, but it doesn't pretend to be super evolved and mature

 

That's a fair point. Perhaps we could agree that Danny just isn't a good songwriter. lol

  • Haha 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Share this post


Link to post

Everything about this tells me that I shouldn’t like it... but I kinda dig it


 

Creak - Recluse

 

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

 

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

earlier in the band's career I found them generic. gimmicky, and actually nothing worth listening to/respecting. now, maybe since danny went radio rock, i've been much more a fan. 'into the fire' was a great song, and I'm actually a fan of them recently. hopefully this meets expectations. thanks

  • Downvote 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I love Fall Out Boy.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Lelouch6661 said:

Imagine Dragons-core

 

yeah, but arena rock from the 80's, not this

Ever listen to Andrew W.K.?


20200608_180043.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.