BenjaminBurnley

Eagle Owl - Reborn [EP] (2020)

72 posts in this topic

Decided not to wait until Thursday. 

So let me address my first problem, and in my opinion your absolute largest problem. Your vocals, or lack there of. You have no tone, no flow, you sound bored. Sounding bored in music is never a good thing, even with bands that aren't new (like TWA on Violent Noise)

To address your flow, it's not there. The words barely even connect together, and your rhyme scheme is below par. It sounds like you forced yourself to use words that rhymed instead of finding a word that made sense in the rhyme, "call me sinful cause I'm in a pickle" or something like that, not good. I get what you meant, but there's a thousand ways to word something like that better (and rap it better)

Let's address But. Don't use the beat of mockingbird, Eminem or nursery rhyme, unless you're gonna do something around it. And while you did keep up with the beat (good job actually) thematically no point in using that beat 

Know is boring and repetitive, was legitimately checking the tracklist to see when it was over 

There's no substance here is a problem. You're not saying anything, it's all lost in these mostly nonsensical lyrics, every sensible lyric, is followed by multiple nonsensical ones. Quality over quantity.

Work on your vocals for the love of fucking god, or quit music. That's harsh but it's either you quit music, or learn how to do vocals. Cause even in the song you sent me your vocals haven't improved. If you can't improve as an artist, neither will your music. Stagnant music of this quality will go nowhere as anything but a meme.

Sorry for not doing a track by track, this just felt better. 

Welcome to my 0/10 list, third release to make it there. 

• Upvote 7

Other Releases by

32 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Welcome to my 0/10 list, third release to make it there. 

What are the other two?

Bloody Hell.

12 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

What are the other two?

The 2 singles, Struggle and Exist

• Haha 4

Oh wow looks like this was manually removed from trending leaks

Do you track vocals with a metronome on? That might be a good start, so many lines are off the beat and just have no rhythm to it. Some people literally can't play music because they have no rhythm or sense of time in music. Work on your rhythm. Everything else has already been said by other people. Do NOT sing in head voice for an entire chorus. Watch videos and learn how to properly sing with chest/mixed voice. Youtube is the best and cheapest place to learn. In fact, I wouldn't sing in falsetto/head voice ever. Work with a range you can sing  (chest or mixed voice) comfortably in. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

14 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

Do you track vocals with a metronome on? That might be a good start, so many lines are off the beat and just have no rhythm to it. Some people literally can't play music because they have no rhythm or sense of time in music. Work on your rhythm. Everything else has already been said by other people. Do NOT sing in head voice for an entire chorus. Watch videos and learn how to properly sing with chest/mixed voice. Youtube is the best and cheapest place to learn. In fact, I wouldn't sing in falsetto/head voice ever. Work with a range you can sing  (chest or mixed voice) comfortably in. 

Starting to do metronome on for newer stuff now :) but already doing the youtube tips and tricks now :) 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Austin Doujin said:

Oh wow looks like this was manually removed from trending leaks

It was also manually put there too. 

• Upvote 1

Good on your for trying, some things are just better kept private though

320 and FLAC added!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, NieR:Automata™ said:

Well, Know's chorus is somewhat interesting. I mean the melodies work but there's no energy to it. Also the pacing is totally off (math rap???).  I would respect this more if you actually made the beats but you just stole some shit and did spoken word with awful lyrics over it. I'd suggest look at your favorite artists and how they write lyrics, structure songs and all that stuff. This sounds like rap made by someone who has no fucking idea how does rap sound like. Seriously the lyrics make me cringe so fucking much I totally ignore the emotionless speaking. But sounds like some low budget Hollywood Undead from Swan Songs. Why don't you try to sing in your own range ? You hit some notes here and there but it just sounds awful in general. Improve your singing, do vocal practices and stay in your own vocal range. I also have no fucking idea what are you singing about. We all know Struggle so I'm just not even going to bother with that, it's off beat, falsetto is awful and lyrics are cringe. Good meme song I guess I mean I've listened to it 4 times willingly because it was just way too funny. Beat on To is too quiet, why didn't you scream or put more distortion on your vocals if you decided to use such aggressive beat? Wasted opportunity. Exist is fucking FUCKING HILARIOUS LMAO I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG. The chorus never fails me to amaze xdjdfklgxd it legit soundsl like google translator text-to-speech. HOLY FUCK THIS SONG DFSGJYSDFDDDSFD:dfdds Imo that's the best one from the EP.

Improve your rapping, improve your singing, improve your lyrics, get help, don't steal beats, send your songs to people who actually listen to music so they can help you improve...

Look. 100 gecs, Crystal Castles and various other artists make unironically bad music that sounds good and it just works. You could be onto something here but this is definitely not it. Either commit to the music or go full meme. I can see this as some satire EP but I suppose that was not your point and you failed at it miserably.

Doesn't sound like Swan Songs in nothing, are you crazy?! Really ??

Shame on others :/