BenjaminBurnley

Eagle Owl - Reborn [EP] (2020)

72 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, dvsr said:

Seems everyone is just roasting this guy mostly just to do it to follow in suit. Justin Bieber's new single is no better Im sure, and no I haven't listened to either. But it seems like everyone forgot Em's Mockingbird is based off a world famous nursery rhyme. 

Or cause the music is literal trash. But hey, whatever floats your goat ?‍♂️

Other Releases by

2 minutes ago, SeñorLobo said:

Or cause the music is literal trash. But hey, whatever floats your goat ?‍♂️

I wouldn't know, haven't listened. I just know there's a lot of hate all the while he remains humble about it which is cool. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, dvsr said:

I wouldn't know, haven't listened. I just know there's a lot of hate all the while he remains humble about it which is cool. 

Already been proven in this thread on how he reacts to criticism, on the first page of this thread actually. 

7 minutes ago, SeñorLobo said:

Already been proven in this thread on how he reacts to criticism, on the first page of this thread actually. 

Okay??

1 minute ago, x3Tearz said:

I'm not gonna lie, some of you make me sick, instead of talking down on the guy yall should give man tips and how to get better, the guy just trying to reach for his dream and he's starting from 0, everyone did at some point, ur most favorite band or artist started from scratch, he put alot of hours and effort into this, all he wants is people's ears and help how to improve, but no, let's just meme the guy for likes and whatever, fucking disgusted. 

nah, it's way easier to jump on a bandwagon for clout instead of actually providing constructive criticism that i don't have the intellectual prowess to provide anyway 

klsig.png.729dbece4a6cd4d8ccf4d56b60aa08e2.png

1 hour ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Imagine releasing an EP of this low quality, low lyrical content, low mixing, and 0 vocal talent, but then also releasing a diss track on the most dramaless rapper in the business just for views 

Then disabling the like and dislike ratio because of the feedback you got.

Hope you're ready for my review on Thursday owl. Gonna come at it with a jagged edge. Your "music" makes me genuinely unhappy 

Also nice Mockingbird rip on "But"

Imagine doing this. Which i did. I released Nate as a joke lol i mentioned it in videos and told people it was. Someone made a diss because i made the song lol.  "But" was for sure a beat like Em's song for sure and i got the beat for it. There are other people who sample their work recently. Go fight Blacklite District then for copying Emieme's recent beat take then lol.

6 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Imagine doing this. Which i did. I released Nate as a joke lol i mentioned it in videos and told people it was. Someone made a diss because i made the song lol.  "But" was for sure a beat like Em's song for sure and i got the beat for it. There are other people who sample their work recently. Go fight Blacklite District then for copying Emieme's recent beat take then lol.

Just cause you release something as a joke, or do something other people do, or are a member of the site, doesn't mean you aren't immune to the same criticism any other artist is.

Maybe before releasing a song as a joke, you should learn how to take a joke too, cause no one's being very serious about the mockingbird thing 

5 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Just cause you release something as a joke, or do something other people do, or are a member of the site, doesn't mean you aren't immune to the same criticism any other artist is.

Maybe before releasing a song as a joke, you should learn how to take a joke too, cause no one's being very serious about the mockingbird thing 

I said this in my post at the start I want criticism. I want to grow and develop. Instead, everyone is just shitting on it cool. Don't like it cool theirs more stuff out there for them. You could help with telling me what to work on but you don't. You're just like everyone else on the site just shit talk all good :) thanks for giving feedback man. I really appreciate your music and hope you do with mine in the future. There will be tracks I hope you will like until the next one.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

I said this in my post at the start I want criticism. I want to grow and develop. Instead, everyone is just shitting on it cool. Don't like it cool theirs more stuff out there for them. You could help with telling me what to work on but you don't. You're just like everyone else on the site just shit talk all good :) thanks for giving feedback man. I really appreciate your music and hope you do with mine in the future. There will be tracks I hope you will like until the next one.

Im waiting for the 320 to actually give you criticisms. Because I'm not listening to this in 128, I said that above 

2 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Honestly I don’t want to come off as a dick but literally everything needs improved, it might come with time but with a lot of these rappers they were mostly talented right from the beginning that’s not shot at you but maybe you could try a different genre or style perhaps. Cause I don’t know man you are going to receive a lot of hate for this (you might for a while) and if you don’t have a thick skin then idk man maybe it’s just not something for you. This goes for everyone who is coming in saying we are bashing you as well who obviously don’t get how this site works and it’s infrastructure which I find weird how a VIP doesn’t either but oh well. But I digress it’s something you can build on maybe but these are just my overall thoughts personally.  

• Love 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Summers said:

Honestly I don’t want to come off as a dick but literally everything needs improved, it might come with time but with a lot of these rappers they were mostly talented right from the beginning that’s not shot at you but maybe you could try a different genre or style perhaps. Cause I don’t know man you are going to receive a lot of hate for this (you might for a while) and if you don’t have a thick skin then idk man maybe it’s just not something for you. This goes for everyone who is coming in saying we are bashing you as well who obviously don’t get how this site works and it’s infrastructure which I find weird how a VIP doesn’t either but oh well. But I digress it’s something you can build on maybe but these are just my overall thoughts personally.  

Really appreciate it man :) thanks so much. But yeah i do need improvement from this. My first song was "World is" that was when i was like 12. But even then this is an improvement from that. To me everything you release is an improvement.

I don't think you get Eagle Owl, honestly. His rhyme scheme may seem basic, I completely understand that point, but his flows are incredibly complicated and his flows are cryptic. Eagle Owl is what I would call math rap, similar in concept to math rock, as he carefully plans every single vowel to be pronounced on a sixteenth of a note. It is IMPOSSIBLE to replicate Eagle Owl's level of pure, raw GENIUS- you can try, but it would not have the same cultural impact as what Eagle Owl's structure will have in the future. Eagle Owl is the stepping stone of what will be an entirely new generation of rap which will be, in turn, the best generation of rap we have gotten to experience since the creation of "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang. No one, no one is capable of achieving this genius- not Run DMC, LL Cool J, Tupac Shakur, Biggie Smalls, Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Queen Latifah, Kanye West, and certainly NOT Soulja Boy (Tell Em'). This generation isn't doomed you imbecile; you are simply not educated enough to see the GENIUS behind Eagle Owl's masterpiece, "Thotiana". I am honestly in shock of the disrespect. Disgusting!

• Haha 5

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

I'm simply shocked at how many posts are on this thread in such a short time. What. Even. H A P P E N E D ?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Really appreciate it man :) thanks so much. But yeah i do need improvement from this. My first song was "World is" that was when i was like 12. But even then this is an improvement from that. To me everything you release is an improvement.

You made The World Is when you were 12? Damn, I'm glad I waited to know that before bashing it because I went on your bandcamp earlier and as I'm sure you know that song is really super bad.

I don't think what you've put out here on REBORN is good either but it's a step up from that, so I'll say you have the right to give yourself a pat on the back for that. As for this release I think what you need to focus on is matching your lyrics to the beat. A lot of the time it sounds like you just recorded the rap and then found a royalty free beat that sort of matches, because most of the time your flow is heavily missing the beat. Other than that definitely work on your lyrics themselves. A lot of your lines are super cringy, mostly because they feel like you're having a conversation not writing a rap (like the line about protecting your girlfriend). And try not to use the same end rhyme too many times in a row that really only works for fast rap. 

And uh lastly I'll just repeat what some others have been saying, you need to filter out the difference between harsh criticism, actually shitting for the sake of shitting, and just joking around. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Austin Doujin said:

You made The World Is when you were 12? Damn, I'm glad I waited to know that before bashing it because I went on your bandcamp earlier and as I'm sure you know that song is really super bad.

I don't think what you've put out here on REBORN is good either but it's a step up from that, so I'll say you have the right to give yourself a pat on the back for that. As for this release I think what you need to focus on is matching your lyrics to the beat. A lot of the time it sounds like you just recorded the rap and then found a royalty free beat that sort of matches, because most of the time your flow is heavily missing the beat. Other than that definitely work on your lyrics themselves. A lot of your lines are super cringy, mostly because they feel like you're having a conversation not writing a rap (like the line about protecting your girlfriend). And try not to use the same end rhyme too many times in a row that really only works for fast rap. 

And uh lastly I'll just repeat what some others have been saying, you need to filter out the difference between harsh criticism, actually shitting for the sake of shitting, and just joking around. 

Will do man thanks :) 

This isn't worth listening to in 128 or 320. I'm pretty sure William Hung is back and this is his new attempt at a career in crappy emo. Before you do anything, run your voice through an extensive mixer. At least then it would be bearable to hear this failed karaoke project you recorded at the mall. Otherwise, let your friends and family blow smoke up your ass and pretend this is audibly pleasing in any respect.

You put this crap on the internet. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Well, Know's chorus is somewhat interesting. I mean the melodies work but there's no energy to it. Also the pacing is totally off (math rap???).  I would respect this more if you actually made the beats but you just stole some shit and did spoken word with awful lyrics over it. I'd suggest look at your favorite artists and how they write lyrics, structure songs and all that stuff. This sounds like rap made by someone who has no fucking idea how does rap sound like. Seriously the lyrics make me cringe so fucking much I totally ignore the emotionless speaking. But sounds like some low budget Hollywood Undead from Swan Songs. Why don't you try to sing in your own range ? You hit some notes here and there but it just sounds awful in general. Improve your singing, do vocal practices and stay in your own vocal range. I also have no fucking idea what are you singing about. We all know Struggle so I'm just not even going to bother with that, it's off beat, falsetto is awful and lyrics are cringe. Good meme song I guess I mean I've listened to it 4 times willingly because it was just way too funny. Beat on To is too quiet, why didn't you scream or put more distortion on your vocals if you decided to use such aggressive beat? Wasted opportunity. Exist is fucking FUCKING HILARIOUS LMAO I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG. The chorus never fails me to amaze xdjdfklgxd it legit soundsl like google translator text-to-speech. HOLY FUCK THIS SONG DFSGJYSDFDDDSFD:dfdds Imo that's the best one from the EP.

Improve your rapping, improve your singing, improve your lyrics, get help, don't steal beats, send your songs to people who actually listen to music so they can help you improve...

Look. 100 gecs, Crystal Castles and various other artists make unironically bad music that sounds good and it just works. You could be onto something here but this is definitely not it. Either commit to the music or go full meme. I can see this as some satire EP but I suppose that was not your point and you failed at it miserably.

• Downvote 2

"To" gave Death Grips a run for their money.

• Haha 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

The fact that this guy referred to himself as an artist made me violently puke.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

I want to make something clear for everyone. I know this is not the best, emotion is crap, rhythm, etc. Everyone works on that over time even myself. Even the bigger artists change/improve their sound each release. You gotta release the tracks and see what the fans say and what you can improve on. No one is perfect. I do listen to criticism for sure. So please for sure tell me everything that you can with this. I will look into improvements for the next release. I might blow up from this but I might not. I could say this is my actual singing voice but really after doing a lot with newer stuff, it's far from it.  I’m already improving with timing, mixing, emotion, writing all of that for newer tracks. But thank you to everyone who is enjoying my music and to the people who don’t thank you for still helping me improve over time. I will for sure release a new track very soon with the improvement. Actually getting a lot of help from some KL members as well I’m talking with a couple of artists for collabs we’ll see how that goes. One is for sure set in stone tho. But for now, enjoy REBORN and stream as much as you can. Share with friends, family, and everyone. Thank you, everyone, in the KL community. Until the next one.

- Eagle Owl

Bro the main issue is the vocal. First off put some freakin heart into it!! you sound bored. Also a quick easy fix...Get the new Howard benson vocal plugin. Its incredible. Listen man I give you a lot of credit for putting yourself out there but I would seriously rec scrapping this and starting over. Unless your just doing it for fun. If your trying to make a thing out of it this is a bad way to start. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

Bro the main issue is the vocal. First off put some freakin heart into it!! you sound bored. Also a quick easy fix...Get the new Howard benson vocal plugin. Its incredible. Listen man I give you a lot of credit for putting yourself out there but I would seriously rec scrapping this and starting over. Unless your just doing it for fun. If your trying to make a thing out of it this is a bad way to start. 

This feels like a sponsorship for the Howard Benson Vocal Plugin™

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dvsr said:

Seems everyone is just roasting this guy mostly just to do it to follow in suit. Justin Bieber's new single is no better Im sure, and no I haven't listened to either. But it seems like everyone forgot Em's Mockingbird is based off a world famous nursery rhyme. 

I'm nowhere near a Bieber fan by any means but, whatever "this" is, it should not even be in the same breath as Bieber. Both of his new singles are not to bad, mainly the second one he just dropped not to long ago, a hell of alot better than Yummy. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, shfydgi said:

This feels like a sponsorship for the Howard Benson Vocal Plugin™

Howard Benson Vocal Plugin is fucking great ngl. Really good all around for screaming and singing, and I think the presets are so useful.

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

THE REAL LEAKS ARE HERE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, prsjunkie said:

dont got money for that right now lol.

30 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

dont got money for that right now lol.

If it's popular enough there's probably a torrent of it somewhere on the internet, just gotta make sure they aren't a virus

3 minutes ago, shfydgi said:

If it's popular enough there's probably a torrent of it somewhere on the internet, just gotta make sure they aren't a virus

Unless you find it please let me know. have been looking :) its like a month old so.

Welp album of the year until the next naked brothers band album