Lord Kingdom

Enter Shikari detail new album "Nothing Is True & Everything Is Possible"

20 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I'm really happy and excited about this. 

From what I’ve heard, this is supposed to be THE ultimate Shikari album. A perfect mixture of all their previous sounds together in one record, and judging by the artwork that looks to be the case. We’ve got all the colours of the previous records on there so fingers crossed

I will always love this band no matter what sound they decide to go for, but I can’t say I haven’t been a little disappointed with their stuff in recent years. I just really hope the rumours are right and this is going to be the ultimate Shikari album and not another 15 tracks that just sound like Stop The Clocks

• Upvote 4

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

I don’t think they’re on hopeless anymore 

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

If this is a repeat of their last record I'm done with this band - absolutely boring nonsense aside from a handful of songs.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 2

Stop the Clocks went hard and I'd enjoy a record of more of that. New heavy stuff would also be nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

All the tracks sound like temporary names and these aren't the official names 

Pretty excited for this. One of my all-time favorite bands aside from me not being a huge fan of their latest release. Stoked for this nevertheless. New Enter Shikari is always exciting news.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I’m probably in the minority on here but I love the new stuff as well as the old... I’m totally down for whatever direction this goes in.

• Upvote 2

such interesting song names. im looking forward to this one

Thats a like a week after my birthday!!!

They've been my favourite band since seeing them live for the first time in '08. My favorite album is the fourth (The Mindsweep), since the first half is the hardest they've been since TTTS with all the twists that made their newer albums interesting. I think that their latest is a nice album to listen to while doing something, while their first four need more of a concentrated listen. I think that their third and fourth album already show all their styles, so I'm curious what a definite Shikari album will sound like. 

Well, 2020 just got even better! ES has been one of my top artists for such a long time now. The Spark, although not my favourite album, was still great and it shows how talented they are. I do hope this album dives back to their heavier stuff while also incorporating all their styles/new styles as well. 

Can't wait. Hope to see a return to form after the disappointment that was The Spark. 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Zzzonked said:

Can't wait. Hope to see a return to form after the disappointment that was The Spark. 

Based on interviews and the artwork this should feature every Shikari sound

• Upvote 1

Honestly I enjoyed The Spark a lot (Aside from Airfield and The Revolt of the Atoms), but I'd definitely love something closer to TTTS/AFFOC.  Not getting my hopes up though, cause most bands that start to get poppier never really go back.  Hopefully the single today is good at least

• Upvote 1

I really liked The Spark but something more akin towards Flash Flood would be great.

New single Dreamers Hotel is on Annie Mac tonight.

• Upvote 1

Used to ADORE this band when I was like 14-17, I find album 2-3 to be borderline unlistenable, but I really like their latest even in retrospect, hopefully this one won't be too much of a slip back into musical rainbow vomit territory. They seem to have matured quite a bit with the last album so here's hoping that's still in effect, I've been liking where they were headed (that is, more focus on songwriting less on lolxdrandom and threading ground they really shouldn't, and more vintage electronics instead of extremely dated ones), also they've shaped who I am greatly by being a gateway drug into musical genres other than metal/rock way back then so I still care about them even if I'm not into the music all that much. Let's see how this will turn out.

I could be wrong but I think this is the official album artBB4AA502-35FE-42E7-84F6-A1D72C9B86A9.png.b9dcc1ee7ba333455ce7a2e3287bcfe8.png

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif