Chief

Hollywood Undead - New Empire, Vol. 1 (2020)

84 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, 36Chambers said:

The only moment of ghost-writing in this record is Jorel's verse in Nightmare which he went out on a limb to mention on Instagram that Fudd Rukus, one of his fellow rapper friends wrote for him but since he acknowledged it, it's not exactly ghostwritten and those are just lyrics, as for the instrumentation work, they said they would step their game up since they have Luke Holland doing drums. The rest of it is all of them, baby like they always do. Each member works on their own part like it's been since the beginning, just because there's an upscale of quality doesn't mean it's suddenly not their work lmao. They've always been about evolution so they don't have an exact sound to not sound like themselves as Johnny mentioned in interviews, they'll always supply versatility to ensure things don't grow stale.

Additionally, Killin' It is what Another Level should have been and Funny actually doing screams or close enough to it is a nice touch.

Arguably this is the only HU album that doesn't sound like them. It has no identity, it doesn't even feel like them. If you told me this is TWA album with rap features I would honestly believe you. I appreciate them for going a little bit harder and metalcorish, but this isn't Hollywood Undead. It has nothing to do with them. It doesn't feel like them and it doesn't sound like them. Kinda obvious that they had third parties and TWA producer to help them write this record

• Upvote 4

Other Releases by

On 2/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, Austin Doujin said:

I've actually never heard Hollywood Undead beyond some friends of mine reciting Everywhere I Go like a cultic chant and then finding out I hate that song. Never gave the group another chance. But I gave the singles from this release a chance and holy shit this is straight heat

Definitely missing out on some very good songs from "American Tragedy" and "Notes from the Underground"

• Love 2

I've been shitting on Hollywood Undead for a bit. Last two albums were just bad with one or two okay songs a piece, and the EP was somehow more disappointing with one great song, and then absolute shit. I was cautiously optimistic when I heard Already Dead and Time Bomb, which were fucking awesome, and Empire kinda let me down. Honestly, I like this one. Some songs are awesome, some are good, but even the ones I don't like have a part or two I can enjoy. After my cautious optimism, I've been pleasantly surprised. I hope they continue going in this direction.

• Upvote 3

Gave this a spin and aside from Enemy this album is a dud just like their previous two 

giphy (2).gif

@duck!  So much agree. I absolutely love this band to death and they have never disappointed me with a single album....until now. Like you I can't get into a single track on this disc. I really, really hope volume II is better because I won't be spinning volume I again anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else having issues when downloading? I've never had a problem downloading an album to my phone until I tried this one. After downloading, extracting, and moving the songs to a different storage folder, the album doesn't even pop up in my music apps. 

Tried to download a different file off the site, worked just fine.

This album sucks. Just bland shit they put out.

• Downvote 1

Can't wait to jam this!

On 2/10/2020 at 6:23 AM, NieR:Automata™ said:

Arguably this is the only HU album that doesn't sound like them. It has no identity, it doesn't even feel like them. If you told me this is TWA album with rap features I would honestly believe you. I appreciate them for going a little bit harder and metalcorish, but this isn't Hollywood Undead. It has nothing to do with them. It doesn't feel like them and it doesn't sound like them. Kinda obvious that they had third parties and TWA producer to help them write this record

I disagree, that sounds exactly like Hollywood Undead, only redesigned/better and heavier! Check it out Lorene Drive and Upright Radio, old bands of Danny and Charlie Scene, this record has a lot of influence from these bands. Also check out "Never Look Back" by 3 Pill Morning, song produced and co-written by Charlie Scene.

Killin it is fuckin LIT!!!

I'm waiting on that quality update as well. I thought the album was pretty decent.

2 hours ago, Blade$inger said:

When will the 320 be uploaded? 

There's a 320 version out in the wild. I downloaded it the other day.

More than half of the tracks don't have that Hollywood Undead flair. Very short album for them also, hopefully they have a couple good deluxe tracks coming up.

Man, i miss the old myspace/purevolume Hollywood Undead days where you obviously didn't need heavy production to have quality songs.

55 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

More than half of the tracks don't have that Hollywood Undead flair. Very short album for them also, hopefully they have a couple good deluxe tracks coming up.

Man, i miss the old myspace/purevolume Hollywood Undead days where you obviously didn't need heavy production to have quality songs.

They have a Vol. 2 coming later this year.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2020 at 10:28 AM, IceBlood said:

Anyone else having issues when downloading? I've never had a problem downloading an album to my phone until I tried this one. After downloading, extracting, and moving the songs to a different storage folder, the album doesn't even pop up in my music apps. 

Tried to download a different file off the site, worked just fine.

I've had that happen with a couple of albums before. I thought maybe it had something to do with extracting before moving, (although I've done that thousands of times before), so now I always move the zip first and then extract. So far it hasn't happened again.

Meant to review this a while ago so... Much better than Day Of The Dead, V, and especially the trainwreck that was Psalms. Loving the rap, rock/metal and electronic elements, reminds me a little bit of Linkin Park at times.

Favorite songs: Upside Down, Nightmare, Already Dead

Least Favorite: Empire, Killin It (I couldn't even finish Empire, it's really bad and should never have been released as a single)

• Upvote 1

@desk it's alright, idk i just find everything past day of the dead to be a bit bland. 

killin it is kinda cool tho.

This album right here is the reason why I should never give an old band I know I'm not into ANOTHER chance. Just boring. Never been a fan or even liked one of their song, after three tracks I knew this one wasn't a different story.

I'm sorry where's this infamous "Kingdom Leaks hates Hollywood Undead" hate boner that r/metalcore never shut up about, because mostly praise coming from everyone.

Kingdom Leaks' favourite bands to circlejerk over: Movements, Periphery, Polaris, Architects, Knuckle Puck, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Our Last Night, Dance Gavin Dance and Norma Jean.

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD