All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Lord Kingdom

Hollywood Undead - New Empire, Vol. 1 (2020)

84 posts in this topic

It's almost as if too much booze, drugs, and partying was ruining their talent. But then they realized they wouldn't be able to pay their bills doing anything else, so they doubled down and tried the hardest they've ever tried to make their absolute best music. But their regressed so much as musicians that they're music sounds like it was written by middle schoolers. I'm sure they've convinced themselves that they're still "killin' it" though. Like hey look at us we're so talented we could fuck around our entire careers and still shit gold. lmao what a joke.

• Downvote 3

Other Releases by

4 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Let's break some HU fans and I guess start some debates. 

Hollywood Undead New Empire Reaction:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

Upside down - Why the hell he sounds like the guy from Sleeping with Sirens. Ok track tho

Second Chances - Average. almost SWS voice again

Nightmare - Very good instrumental I like that beat. I like the chorus. Ok track other than that.

The only good track on this 'album' is Nightmare. dang. Not to mention they released a track of production went to crap but took them about a day and half to fix. Great release HU :) can't wait for vol . 2

Did you miss the info when it stated that Kellin Quinn was going to be on Upside Down along with Benji Madden on Second Chances? That's why he sounds like "the guy from Sleeping with Sirens"

Also, there's plenty of variety on here unlike Breaking Benjamin who as much as I like them literally have the EXACT SAME FUCKING SONG and chord progressions every time. In Ember, the only track that separated itself was 'The Dark of You' because it added a moment of reprieve with a soft, melodic track like Ashes of Eden did for Dark Before Dawn which qualifies as mostly average. Feed the Wolf is a banger though. But, meh, we all have opinions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, 36Chambers said:

Did you miss the info when it stated that Kellin Quinn was going to be on Upside Down along with Benji Madden on Second Chances? That's why he sounds like "the guy from Sleeping with Sirens"

Also, there's plenty of variety on here unlike Breaking Benjamin who as much as I like them literally have the EXACT SAME FUCKING SONG and chord progressions every time. In Ember, the only track that separated itself was 'The Dark of You' because it added a moment of reprieve with a soft, melodic track like Ashes of Eden did for Dark Before Dawn which qualifies as mostly average. Feed the Wolf is a banger though. But, meh, we all have opinions.

its true we all have our own opinions. No i never heard any info that he was going be on the album. No idea where that was stated. As well They don't have ft's on the songs so why would I know that. Variety with BB theirs some for sure. Guitar riffs, bass even drum tones even vocal pitches if you listen to music well enough. Some people dont like BB and some dont like HU. I for one liked older HU hey even i did like some tracks from Five. But their newer stuff to me is lacking production a lot. But that's my two sense :) 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

Upside down - Why the hell he sounds like the guy from Sleeping with Sirens. Ok track tho

Nightmare - Very good instrumental I like that beat. I like the chorus. Ok track other than that.

The only good track on this 'album' is Nightmare. dang. Not to mention they released a track of production went to crap but took them about a day and half to fix. Great release HU :) can't wait for vol . 2

Because it is the guy from sleeping with sirens 

Banger of an album. They definitely nailed the heavier aspect.

• Upvote 2

"Upside Down" PLEASE TELL ME THAT IT'S KELLIN QUINN, it really feels like a SWS song. Solid 9/10 for this album.

3 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

The fact you always do good albums it's not an excuse to be rude with other bands

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mordred said:

"Upside Down" PLEASE TELL ME THAT IT'S KELLIN QUINN, it really feels like a SWS song. Solid 9/10 for this album.

It is Kellin!

Solid 8/10

Favorite tracks are Time Bomb, Upside Down, and Nightmare

• Upvote 2

I’m shocked that i didn’t violently hate this. I’m not a rap fan at all, but a couple of these were ok. Mainly the ones with less rap ??‍♂️  The SWS song was the best IMO. 

• Upvote 2

This is the best Hollywood Undead has been in years this is very listenable, I would give it a 7/10 personally but it has potential to be a grower too

• Upvote 4

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

5 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Nothing against the review but I'm curious why you looking forward to the next part when you didn't really like this part 

• Haha 4

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

5 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

its true we all have our own opinions. No i never heard any info that he was going be on the album. No idea where that was stated. As well They don't have ft's on the songs so why would I know that. Variety with BB theirs some for sure. Guitar riffs, bass even drum tones even vocal pitches if you listen to music well enough. Some people dont like BB and some dont like HU. I for one liked older HU hey even i did like some tracks from Five. But their newer stuff to me is lacking production a lot. But that's my two sense :) 

English. It's hard and stuff.

7 hours ago, desk said:

Ok, let's be real with ourselves here. Who knows how much of their instrumentals or vocal patterns are usually written by themselves, but this album is straight up ghostwritten and it's so obvious and it shows so easily especially in tracks 6-8 (which are actually not bad at all, zero HU identity aside). If it was 2012 and you paused me jamming King For A Day by PTV and told me that Kellin Quinn would ever be on a HU song I'd tell you to shut the fuck up and fuck off, yet here we are, the most risecore/fearless HU album to date, where they don't even feel like themselves besides the verses on the first half of the album, the borderline satire/parody track that is Killin' It (jesus fuck that was hard to listen to) or the closer where the guys suddenly decided to "show off" their Eminem impersonations. Anyways, this is still arguably better than their last two-three albums.

It's almost as if they said this won't be like anything they've done before and will be a complete rehaul for the band. No ghost writing, you're straight up wrong. HU has literally never fallen into a single genre or had a "sound". If you've apparently heard any of their albums you'd know that. This is no different.

6 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Why do you still think speaking is something you should do ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 36Chambers said:

C'MON MAN leave my bois Breaking Benjamin outta this.

9 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

You seem like someone who thinks high school musical is better then naked brothers band. 

I strolled through these comments and kept seeing repeating  words like "heavy"; "risecore"; and "kellin quinn"...

This was produced by Matt Good, if that clears any of that for any of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

12 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

You do know that the guy from SWS is featuring in that song? and Benji Madden on the next one.

Thank you, KL for the leak. Been excited for this and can't wait to see them on the 14th in London.

Okay, there it is. First three albums were great for me, after that they totaly lost me and i thought, i could move on without them.

Well fuck HU, you finally did it again. Smth in my mind still wanted to have a good/decent HU album. Vol.1 is much more than that.

Wow, just wow. Never thought they would impress me again after all these years. Can't tell if it is a good idea to release a second part of it.

Im good with this stuff, its short but really good. I don't need 18 songs. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

Already dead is such a rip off of twa and for the fallen dreams song cant think of the name. The one in the chorus "Walk on waaaaattterrrr"

thirty seconds to mars

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

This got some of their best in recent times and some of their worst. 

16 hours ago, simo said:

You do know that the guy from SWS is featuring in that song? and Benji Madden on the next one.

" No i never heard any info that he was going be on the album. No idea where that was stated. As well They don't have ft's on the songs so why would I know that."

READ

On 2/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, Rian-AL said:

100% fact!!! Besides Charlie came from Hardcore/Punk, Danny's old band (Lorene Drive) was Post-Hardcore, which we can see a lot of this on the record!

Oh man how I miss me some Lorene Drive! I got to see them once. 

• Upvote 1

That Kellin Quinn feature is fire! Why aren't the features on here labled?

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:16 PM, BenjaminBurnley said:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on pretty much everything. I've tuned into every album release, liking less and less from each one, and I think this is the one where I don't like a single track. I have all of Swan Songs and American Tragedy, a good Portion of Notes from the Underground, a bit of Day of the Dead, and only a few from Five, but even those I don't "love." Ahh, oh well, and I'm not hating on them at all, its just not for me anymore. 

I really hate this, gave this release three spins but I just can't, I'll stick to the first albums

I'm very glad some people manage to actually like it, it means HU is not dead, it's just not for me anymore