Chief

Hollywood Undead - New Empire, Vol. 1 (2020)

84 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I've actually never heard Hollywood Undead beyond some friends of mine reciting Everywhere I Go like a cultic chant and then finding out I hate that song. Never gave the group another chance. But I gave the singles from this release a chance and holy shit this is straight heat

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Great album by Hollywood Undead :)

and thanks to our Lord for posting this

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the up. Ill admit though, all that hype and build up for a 128 rip. ?. Shocked. Thought for sure it wouldve been 320. Is this even a cd rip at 128 or a webrip of some sort?  Either way, thanks for the up.

• Upvote 2

Thank you, @Lord Kingdom ! Appreciate it!

Cheers, buddy!

I feel they went even more heavier with this record which is LIT!

Already dead is such a rip off of twa and for the fallen dreams song cant think of the name. The one in the chorus "Walk on waaaaattterrrr"

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to jam this!

anything on here that sounds like American Idiot?

• Haha 9
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Maximo said:

No this sounds nothing like Green Day

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

This is some of the most impressive material they've made in their entire career. Excellent job, boys.

1 minute ago, manoverboard679 said:

No this sounds nothing like Green Day

hell yeah

• Haha 4

Solid release, just wish they would've gave us the other 5 songs for the full album experience, 9 songs seems hella short, all but one I liked.

35 minutes ago, pudhead said:

Thanks for the up. Ill admit though, all that hype and build up for a 128 rip. ?. Shocked. Thought for sure it wouldve been 320. Is this even a cd rip at 128 or a webrip of some sort?  Either way, thanks for the up.

Don’t you mean, all that hype and build up for a popular release 7 days early? ?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

12 minutes ago, ItsLogan said:

Solid release, just wish they would've gave us the other 5 songs for the full album experience, 9 songs seems hella short, all but one I liked.

There's going to be an extra 9+ songs on Volume 2 which will be released in June or maybe earlier with a little help from my KL friends. Danny said they were aiming to get at least 20 songs out due to the overflow of material they had recorded. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Don’t you mean, all that hype and build up for a popular release 7 days early? ?

Hell yeah borther

20 minutes ago, ItsLogan said:

It is hella short. But in just a few months, New Empire, Vol. 2 will be released with another 9+ tracks on it, equaling 18+ tracks total, and also being comparable to previous albums WITH deluxe editions AND iTunes/Best Buy exclusives in terms of track counts.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

For sure. Im just messing around. Appreciate the up. Is this a cd rip at 128? Thanks again.

9 hours ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

Hell yeah borther

It is hella short. But in just a few months, New Empire, Vol. 2 will be released with another 9+ tracks on it, equaling 18+ tracks total, and also being comparable to previous albums WITH deluxe editions AND iTunes/Best Buy exclusives in terms of track counts.

Exactly. And I have no doubt that in 2021 they will compile volume 1 and 2, and release a deluxe version with two more bonus tracks, totaling 20 tracks, and we will have here DLCs of music.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rian-AL said:

Exactly. And I have no doubt that in 2021 they will compile volume 1 and 2, and release a deluxe version with two more bonus tracks, totaling 20 tracks.

Really depends. I was certain that V would have deluxe edition tracks, not a separate EP release over a year later, but I'm so down for something like tho haha. 

54 minutes ago, pudhead said:

Naked brothers band would’ve been in 320p

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

God damn amazing. Killin It and Empire are the only one's I'm kinda meh on

58 minutes ago, Maximo said:

Would prefer American Tragedy. Such an amazing album

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

2 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Would prefer American Tragedy. Such an amazing album

greem d ay

• Haha 4

Most coherent quality within a release since Swan Songs - big, this one. Finally nothing partyesque. Nightmare is probably the best closer of their career. 

Ok, let's be real with ourselves here. Who knows how much of their instrumentals or vocal patterns are usually written by themselves, but this album is straight up ghostwritten and it's so obvious and it shows so easily especially in tracks 6-8 (which are actually not bad at all, zero HU identity aside). If it was 2012 and you paused me jamming King For A Day by PTV and told me that Kellin Quinn would ever be on a HU song I'd tell you to shut the fuck up and fuck off, yet here we are, the most risecore/fearless HU album to date, where they don't even feel like themselves besides the verses on the first half of the album, the borderline satire/parody track that is Killin' It (jesus fuck that was hard to listen to) or the closer where the guys suddenly decided to "show off" their Eminem impersonations. Anyways, this is still arguably better than their last two-three albums.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

7 minutes ago, desk said:

Ok, let's be real with ourselves here. Who knows how much of their instrumentals or vocal patterns are usually written by themselves, but this album is straight up ghostwritten and it's so obvious and it shows so easily especially in tracks 6-8 (which are actually not bad at all, zero HU identity aside). If it was 2012 and you paused me jamming King For A Day by PTV and told me that Kellin Quinn would ever be on a HU song I'd tell you to shut the fuck up and fuck off, yet here we are, the most risecore/fearless HU album to date, where they don't even feel like themselves besides the verses on the first half of the album, the borderline satire/parody track that is Killin' It (jesus fuck that was hard to listen to) or the closer where the guys suddenly decided to "show off" their Eminem impersonations. Anyways, this is still arguably better than their last two-three albums.

The only moment of ghost-writing in this record is Jorel's verse in Nightmare which he went out on a limb to mention on Instagram that Fudd Rukus, one of his fellow rapper friends wrote for him but since he acknowledged it, it's not exactly ghostwritten and those are just lyrics, as for the instrumentation work, they said they would step their game up since they have Luke Holland doing drums. The rest of it is all of them, baby like they always do. Each member works on their own part like it's been since the beginning, just because there's an upscale of quality doesn't mean it's suddenly not their work lmao. They've always been about evolution so they don't have an exact sound to not sound like themselves as Johnny mentioned in interviews, they'll always supply versatility to ensure things don't grow stale.

Additionally, Killin' It is what Another Level should have been and Funny actually doing screams or close enough to it is a nice touch.

• Upvote 6

I'm gonna leave my big fat stan 10/10 on here than yeet before the site napalms me 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, desk said:

Ok, let's be real with ourselves here. Who knows how much of their instrumentals or vocal patterns are usually written by themselves, but this album is straight up ghostwritten and it's so obvious and it shows so easily especially in tracks 6-8 (which are actually not bad at all, zero HU identity aside). If it was 2012 and you paused me jamming King For A Day by PTV and told me that Kellin Quinn would ever be on a HU song I'd tell you to shut the fuck up and fuck off, yet here we are, the most risecore/fearless HU album to date, where they don't even feel like themselves besides the verses on the first half of the album, the borderline satire/parody track that is Killin' It (jesus fuck that was hard to listen to) or the closer where the guys suddenly decided to "show off" their Eminem impersonations. Anyways, this is still arguably better than their last two-three albums.

This is one of your worst comments, and not cause I'm an HU fan, and it's simply one of your worst just cause of the ghost writing bit. 

• Upvote 2

Let's break some HU fans and I guess start some debates. 

Hollywood Undead New Empire Reaction:

Time bomb - Nah

Heart of a champion - ok

Already dead - ooof

Empire - eh

Killin it - k why?

Enemy - Alright.

Upside down - Why the hell he sounds like the guy from Sleeping with Sirens. Ok track tho

Second Chances - Average. almost SWS voice again

Nightmare - Very good instrumental I like that beat. I like the chorus. Ok track other than that.

The only good track on this 'album' is Nightmare. dang. Not to mention they released a track of production went to crap but took them about a day and half to fix. Great release HU :) can't wait for vol . 2

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

54 minutes ago, 36Chambers said:

The only moment of ghost-writing in this record is Jorel's verse in Nightmare which he went out on a limb to mention on Instagram that Fudd Rukus, one of his fellow rapper friends wrote for him but since he acknowledged it, it's not exactly ghostwritten and those are just lyrics, as for the instrumentation work, they said they would step their game up since they have Luke Holland doing drums. The rest of it is all of them, baby like they always do. Each member works on their own part like it's been since the beginning, just because there's an upscale of quality doesn't mean it's suddenly not their work lmao. They've always been about evolution so they don't have an exact sound to not sound like themselves as Johnny mentioned in interviews, they'll always supply versatility to ensure things don't grow stale.

Additionally, Killin' It is what Another Level should have been and Funny actually doing screams or close enough to it is a nice touch.

100% fact!!! Besides Charlie came from Hardcore/Punk, Danny's old band (Lorene Drive) was Post-Hardcore, which we can see a lot of this on the record!

• Upvote 4