ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Summers

August Burns Red - Defender [Single] (2020)

46 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Killer song by awesome band \m/ \m/

We got some tasty stuff today don't ya think

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

This song kicks so much ass. \m/

SO FUCKING GOOD OH MY GOD I LOVE THESE DUDES SO SO SO SO SO MUCH.

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

20200206_091758.gif

• Upvote 3

20200608_180043.png

Those breakdowns are fucking nasty and I LOVE it

What an atmosphere, if the whole album sounds like this, I'll shove it up my throat

• Upvote 3

New album is out April 3rd. And this song rules!!!! 

Solid track.

Song radiates big pp energy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m losing my fucking mind. My username on this site used to be HunterBurnsRed for a god damn reason. This is one of the best songs they’ve written in YEARS. I saw people talking about the breakdown and when the first one hit I was like “DAMN, that shit is nuts,” then the second hit and... I have to admit, I shidded n farded. Absolutely insane song. So happy with this. Actually giggled like a little kid during certain sections on this thing cause of how fucking impressive it is. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

This is legit old school ABR. Not that i had a single problem with the directions FIFAP and Phantom Anthem took, but this is just pure, and brutal ABR. And i love it! Can't wait for the album.

Oh man, what an absolute bangeroosky

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Oh my gosh. This is absolutely incredible! 

Hahaha, this is ridiculous. They will never stop to amaze me. I'm not even a die-hard fan, i wasn't huge on the last album. But this is impressive, there's not a band on this planet that can do things the way ABR is doing it, that's for sure.

• Upvote 3

STYGKL_1.gif

Okay time for more concise thoughts after like 10 listens. This is one of the strongest songs they've released as a single in the past few album cycles. The breakdowns here are VERY reminiscent of Messengers and stuff on the latter half of Found in Far Away Places. JB is doing an insane job at building an atmosphere within this song with his lead work. Genuinely one of the best songs they've written in the past 10 years and it just smashes. Incredibly catchy. I also like the more organic production here. Phantom Anthem sounded huge and incredible but you could hear just how produced it was. Jake's vocals here sound way more natural and less inflated which is great. Can't wait for the album and I'm so glad it's just under 2 months away.

• Upvote 2

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

This is HUGE. Anyone know who produced It? bc it doesn’t sound like they went with the same dudes for the last three records. I could be wrong though

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

Oh yeah dad.

=8) Thanks !

Finally seems like they're back, last 2 albums were duds. This sounds promising!

• Downvote 8

good stuff.. abr cant do no wrong in my book

Absolutely fantastic song. Did anyone think it wouldn't be? Incredible. Can't wait for the album!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I listened to half this song and immediately went to preorder. The boys are back!

Does anyone else wish the production/mix sounded crisper? Oh yeah, its a heavy banger, but i feel like its a tiny bit compressed (drums mostly). This has happened ever since they've been on Fearless. Maybe it's just me. Regardless, super excited for this album and love the artwork

• Upvote 1

I absolutely LOVED their last album, Phantom Anthem. It's one of my favorite ABR albums, and it took me way back to the glorious Messenger days. I stopped listening post-Constellations, as I didn't enjoy the melodic (and sometimes experimental) direction they began to take.

If comparing debut singles, I think Invisible Enemy is much, much stronger compared to Defender. It's a total banger though, and it's catchy and memorable, and I loved the breakdowns. I'm excited to see what's next!

• Downvote 1

ABR never fails to amaze me :wub: