967-EVIL

Loathe - I Let It in and It Took Everything (2020)

105 posts in this topic

This rips hard, damn.

Other Releases by

Christ this improves with every listen. Absolutely incredible. AOTY already, probably. How can this be topped? I love every second of this. Somehow they topped The Cold Sun.

I really like how everyone is saying this is AOTY and it’s only February. There’s 10 months left of the year lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Album of the Decade

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2020 at 12:34 AM, kyhai said:

Let's fucking gooooo

edit: what a fucking insane album, definitely never heard anything like it before and loathe has definitely solidified themselves for my absolute favorite band to ever exist. definitely need to buy a hoodie when they drop new merch

Until the next album you like anyways

• Haha 1

title track features Vincente Void from Darke Complex ...hell yessss

• Love 1

Oh shhh I didn't expect that

First time hearing the band and I like it. Will check out the full album.

Side note: I absolutely love the album name. That alone earns points.

This album for me is right up there with Northlane Alien album

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Does anyone have any knowledge on what these guys are using for equipment and tuning on this album?

johnny booth.gif

1 hour ago, 967-EVIL said:

Does anyone have any knowledge on what these guys are using for equipment and tuning on this album?

I know that the guitar they use is a Fender squier baritone jazzmaster with stock pickups and the tuning is usually E A E D G B or double drop C#. 

• Upvote 1

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

12 minutes ago, Maagg said:

I know that the guitar they use is a Fender squier baritone jazzmaster with stock pickups and the tuning is usually E A E D G B or double drop C#. 

God damn and they are going that low with just a 6 string?????

johnny booth.gif

3 minutes ago, 967-EVIL said:

God damn and they are going that low with just a 6 string?????

Yeah! Sounds crazy, but with 30 inch scale, you can go even as low as 9 string guitars, lol

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

This album is wild, these boys will go down as pioneers of core for sure along with Code Orange mark my words. I didn’t really like the band all that much but after  this album it has made me do a complete 360 on the outlook of the band and has completely changed my perspective, not been blown away by a core band this much in years to be completely honest. Also shoutout to @vincentevoid’s feature my mans screams sounding like peak Chino  and I also love how much you interact with the site much love, hopefully you stick around it’s great how involved you are here. Also Harry Rule from God Complex appears on a track too (Broken Vision Rhythm) so also a shoutout to that band recommend checking them out if you are into the nu-metalcore type vibe. But overall I would rate this album a 9.5/10 (Keep in mind Im pretty strict with 10/10s though my last two were Rolo Tomassi’s Time Will Die and Love Will Bury It and Deftones’ Koi No Yokan :D

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Screaming is such an incredible song, I could listen to that song on repeat all day. I like this new deftones core thing that's becoming popular, varials did it too on their new album and romance is a really good song also. I don't even really like deftones lol, but to me that style is really good when mixed with metalcore guitar tones. 

some interesting parts here and there but too much deftones fanboying and distortion overload put me off

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not a fan of interludes and didnt like Broken Vision Rhythm. But the rest of album is pure gold. Amazing record 9/10.

• Upvote 1

Never heard of this band before, they basically sound like if Turnover went metalcore. Not bad but not AOTY material. ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, sharkcore said:

Not a fan of interludes and didnt like Broken Vision Rhythm. But the rest of album is pure gold. Amazing record 9/10.

I didn't like Broken Vision Rhythm either at first but peep it a few more times. It has some of the dirtiest riffs on the record.

This is everything I could have wanted from this band. The Cold Sun left me wanting more and this completes me. Thank you :)

Just heard this band for the first time. This fucking kills. I'm a fan for sure. Possible top 5 2020 contender right here without a doubt.

• Upvote 3

FLAC added!

• Love 1

johnny booth.gif

On 2/8/2020 at 2:15 AM, Maagg said:

Also the rhythm guitarist uses a squier contemporary HH telecaster

Think he has EMGs loaded into it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

So many albums to look forward to this year, but I can see this easily being in my top ten, either way. The amount of attachment this album has with me already is incredible. Low end tuning and shoegazing are ways to my heart.

• Love 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Listening rn for the first time and this shit is really not that good. It's almost like they have no sense of songwriting and kinda just threw a bunch of sounds and ideas together. The production is pretty good with headphones (its a fucking mess with loud speakers) and they can definitely all play their instruments, but nothing about this really wows me. The slower tracks are defo the better ones. Will update when i listen more...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, PatientlyDead said:

Listening rn for the first time and this shit is really not that good. It's almost like they have no sense of songwriting and kinda just threw a bunch of sounds and ideas together. The production is pretty good with headphones (its a fucking mess with loud speakers) and they can definitely all play their instruments, but nothing about this really wows me. The slower tracks are defo the better ones. Will update when i listen more...

It's not that good

It's just a bunch of sounds

It's a mess with speakers

I'm gonna keep listening to it

• Haha 1

20200902_221303.jpg