967-EVIL

Loathe - I Let It in and It Took Everything (2020)

105 posts in this topic

While listening to the whole album I noticed they added some new ambient stuff from their singles

Edit: A sad cartoon, screaming and I let it in and it took everything are probably my favorite songs on the album

• Upvote 3

Other Releases by

Wonderful and weird. One of the craziest experiences of the last few years. This band is excellent and only continues to grow. 

• Upvote 1

Only got one listen under my belt but I'll start my contribution to this thread by saying that I enjoy the shoegazey tracks way more than the heavy ones, where the heavy ones just feel like they throw heaviness in your face without too much to get interested it. I still love most songs and I do enjoy the heavy ones though. 

• Love 1

I'm surprised how much i enjoyed this. Reminds me of when i listened to Worlds Apart - MTS for the first time. Unexpected sound that really is unique and shines through. Potential early AOTY contender here! 

• Upvote 2

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

Album of the  year for sure. This band just gets better and better.

• Upvote 2

Holy fuck this is incredible. Need a few more listens to digest. 

• Upvote 2

wait gored is different than the single version? whaaaaaaat

Anyways, this is on my AOTY list 

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

12 hours ago, moonlover said:

first lol

It boggles me that this kind of comment would get so many downvotes. Don't people know it's a joke? Bunch of assholes on this site got nothing better to do

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

Good to see that Loathe are the Knocked Loose of 2020. And in good reason. This is astounding.

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

This album is just about as good as it gets.

Not sure yet if I dig it as much as The Cold Sun but there's a lot to unpack.

Anyone else missing Loathe's signature "ERRRGH!" (see In Death, the end of Babylon for reference lol)

Anyway issa 9.5/10 for me. Slightly too much shoegaze for me from Loathe (Deftones is in my top 5 bands, but that style is not what I associate Loathe with necessarily)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Doomed_User said:

My AOTY for sure, even Deftones or Crystal Lake couldn't win this time. This is just too good. Blend of sounds that are my favourite ever, combined in one album. To be honest this can be even my fav album of this decade and it just started.. LOLZ

This album feels just so much personal for me.

I think it will help me with some tough times that are around the corner.

Loathe as one

AOTY. This has great elements of mathcore, deathcore, and deftonescore that I could only dream of in an album. This is coming out at one of the most difficult times of my life, nd I'll probably be spinning this for the rest of the year. One of the best albums I've heard in years, and assuredly years to come. 

Two Way Mirror, New Faces In the Dark, and a Sad Cartoon are definite highlights

loatheasone

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Been listening to all the new songs they've released all week, so amped to listen to the new album in full. Let's GO!

5effd2a4750bd913316084.gif

Ill get shit for this but damn this band is soo overhyped! I really like a few songs especially when they just imitate deftones those are by far the best tracks. My main gripe is the tuning of the guitars. Im one of those guys lower is always better. I play myself and use a baritone , 7 and 8 string. Now the issue is when you get to a certain point the tuning is so low it makes it really hard to make out the actual notes being played hence making it sound sort of like mush. 

• Upvote 1

this is otherworldly, hearing Vincente Void on the closing track also made the (very big) part of me that misses Darke Complex feel very happy

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

First time I’ve ever heard of this band and I absolutely love this album!!! I can hear a lot of Deftones influence specially from White Pony album, Hole in the earth track etc. 

14 hours ago, everythingwentblake said:

I love the Deftones influence on this!!! 

Specially from the White Pony album 

Really good record.  I wish they would've had a little more emphasis on the clean/shoegaze-y parts but done it as tasteful as was done in Two Way Mirror, Screaming, etc... and not like how was done forcefully in Aggressive Evolution; the song came to a grinding halt for the gazey choruses that just didn't feel like the same song at all.   Perhaps Heavy is the Head that Falls With the  Weight of a Thousand Thoughts opens up more people to the wonders of black metal (when it's done right). One can only hope. 

Overall the record does slap and I do agree with @prsjunkie about the ridiculous low tuning causing the notes to sound indecipherable, but considering the production of this record, it was exactly what they were going for so it is what it is.  Great record overall though! 

Great release, love the new direction in songs like Screaming.

45 minutes ago, Juandissimo said:

Really good record.  I wish they would've had a little more emphasis on the clean/shoegaze-y parts but done it as tasteful as was done in Two Way Mirror, Screaming, etc... and not like how was done forcefully in Aggressive Evolution; the song came to a grinding halt for the gazey choruses that just didn't feel like the same song at all.   Perhaps Heavy is the Head that Falls With the  Weight of a Thousand Thoughts opens up more people to the wonders of black metal (when it's done right). One can only hope. 

Overall the record does slap and I do agree with @prsjunkie about the ridiculous low tuning causing the notes to sound indecipherable, but considering the production of this record, it was exactly what they were going for so it is what it is.  Great record overall though! 

I agree the production style doesnt help. But I cant believe they purposely wanted the notes to be  indecipherable. Thats actually my main worry about the new deftones. Ive met stephen and talked with him and as hes stated many times he NEVER practices lol. He says every album he basically plays the same things just lower tunings. After KOI and Gore any lower would be an issue like loathe. As sick as Loathe are at times I think what makes deftones so dope is the combo of Stephs simple yet brootal riffs and abes in the pocket type of drumming. I love how abe usually sits just a tad back in the mix timing wise it just makes it groove so hard. Speaking of deftones, shouldn't we be due for some album news soon?

best silent hill-core album i've heard in a while

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kaddisfly said:

best silent hill-core album i've heard in a while

Check out Nemertines if you're into that silent hill vibes! 

• Upvote 1

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Loved everything about this album on the first listen. The ambience, the heavy low end stuff, the Shoegaze stuff... Not a single second did I feel tired listening to it.

Easily a hard 9/10, exceeding all of the expectations and hype around this album. The singles, "Screaming" and " A Sad Cartoon" are the best.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

i'm on this record and i hadn't even heard the whole thing until today. definitely one of my favorite albums ever

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

Don’t think I’m supposed to mention it but I’m honestly not sure it matters anymore; I had the absolute pleasure of hearing this album in full back at the end of May last year, and have been so anxious waiting to hear it this whole time as I could barely even remember what half of the tracks sounded like. Just as I remembered, this is hands down one of the best albums I’ve ever heard. Everything from the black metal vibes on Heavy Is The Head to the disgusting breakdowns and beautiful shoegaze style tracks are everything I’ve ever wanted from Loathe and they haven’t half delivered. Even the new versions of New Faces and Gored sound incredible. 

Two years ago I would have sworn that they’d never be able to top The Cold Sun, but how wrong I was. This just proves that they can do almost anything, who even knows where they’re going to head next. 

What a phenomenal record.

• Upvote 2

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

If Reflections makes something out of this world, the month belongs to Loathe, 9.5 /10

What a fucking album, definitely my fav current metalcore band.

Been following Loathe since their demos of Prepare Consume Proceed, they were always going places.

Solid album asf and i hope that they will finally get the recognition they deserve since 2015-2016.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, prsjunkie said:

I agree the production style doesnt help. But I cant believe they purposely wanted the notes to be  indecipherable. Thats actually my main worry about the new deftones. Ive met stephen and talked with him and as hes stated many times he NEVER practices lol. He says every album he basically plays the same things just lower tunings. After KOI and Gore any lower would be an issue like loathe. As sick as Loathe are at times I think what makes deftones so dope is the combo of Stephs simple yet brootal riffs and abes in the pocket type of drumming. I love how abe usually sits just a tad back in the mix timing wise it just makes it groove so hard. Speaking of deftones, shouldn't we be due for some album news soon?

They were supposed to release a new album last year. Not sure what happened to that. I hope it’s like their old stuff like White Pony album. Their last album was disappointing 

3 hours ago, vincentevoid said:

i'm on this record and i hadn't even heard the whole thing until today. definitely one of my favorite albums ever

bitch I love u

• Love 1

yeah epic