Tracklist:

01. Lacquer (4:42)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

Other Releases by

Bold move releasing a DEPARTER-esque song as a single for a new album. Sparked my interest.

A very bold move for them which worked very well for them.

Got me curious for what this album is going to be.

I simply love it. I was really hoping they won't stop doing music (they announced a hiatus  a year or two ago). Just a cool song overall

So, so happy to have Katatonia making music again after their hiatus. Not to mention, releasing this gorgeous song as a single. Very "Unfurl"-like with the Downtempo/Trip-Hop style, makes me wonder if there will be more like this or...? Very curious as to what City Burials will be like. As much as I love everything they've made in their career, I've been wanting them to do something new with their music for a few albums now. I never want to this band to become stagnant, even if I thought Dead End Kings and The Fall Of Hears Hearts were great albums.

And as a Katatonia fanboy, I have to do the mandatory mention that Jonas Renkse has some of most beautiful, heartfelt vocals I've ever heard. Not many vocalists hit all the right spots with me quite like this man does. Even back in the early days of Katatonia and October Tide when he was doing harsh vocals, he just guts me every time. One of the best to ever pick up a microphone!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Great band. Sorely underrated. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

So, so happy to have Katatonia making music again after their hiatus. Not to mention, releasing this gorgeous song as a single. Very "Unfurl"-like with the Downtempo/Trip-Hop style, makes me wonder if there will be more like this or...? Very curious as to what Burials will be like. As much as I love everything they've made in their career, I've been wanting them to do something new with their music for a few albums now. I never want to this band to become stagnant, even if I thought Dead End Kings and The Fall Of Hears were great albums.

And as a Katatonia fanboy, I have to do the mandatory mention that Jonas Renkse has some of most beautiful, heartfelt vocals I've ever heard. Not many vocalists hit all the right spots with me quite like this man does. Even back in the early days of Katatonia and October Tide when he was doing harsh vocals, he just guts me every time. One of the best to ever pick up a microphone!

That makes two of us. These guys are masters of music period. Incredible artists. Incredible band. I'm so glad they're back. <3

• Love 1

What a beautiful song. Can't wait to hear more.

Soooo odd to make this song as the first song, it's a pretty good but i can see if people get turn off by this, still can't wait for the new album.

Thanks for uploading this, none of my usual places had this up. Between this and the new Testament album that just got announced, i'm very excited for april!

I can't find a flac or wav of this literally anywhere? Anybody got a clue?:O :D