mR12

Front Porch Step - You Look Nothing Like My Dreams [Single] (2020)

53 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Separating the art from the artist is a fine thing, I even do it with a lot of artist. But when said artist has been known to literally use their platform to sexually abuse children, it is time to no longer give them a platform. Everybody that continues to stream and purchase his music is simply giving this man the means to destroy more lives. So complain all you want about “12 year olds on the internet,” these people are saying these things for a reason. This man should no longer exist in the music world. He lost that right. No matter how good or bad his music is, which for the record, I find to be extremely meh. 

This is a reply to a couple of your messages but he “should no longer exist in the music world/he lost that right”. What right would that be? To release music independently with no label to back it? So because people don’t like him, he shouldn’t have the ability to upload music to the internet? Big LOL. Also, who said anything about supporting him? In case you forgot, this is a piracy website. You stream his music for free, you also download his music for free. If anything, you’re supporting us by doing so. 

I honestly don’t give 2 fucks about what he did or didn’t do, i don’t get attached to an artist for this reason alone. I listen to his music because I enjoy it, plain and simple.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Other Releases by

9 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

This is a reply to a couple of your messages but he “should no longer exist in the music world/he lost that right”. What right would that be? To release music independently with no label to back it? So because people don’t like him, he shouldn’t have the ability to upload music to the internet? Big LOL. Also, who said anything about supporting him? In case you forgot, this is a piracy website. You stream his music for free, you also download his music for free. If anything, you’re supporting us by doing so. 

I honestly don’t give 2 fucks about what he did or didn’t do, i don’t get attached to an artist for this reason alone. I listen to his music because I enjoy it, plain and simple.

Not because “people don’t like him,” because he used the platform to abuse children. Very very big difference. You do have a point about the piracy thing, big dummy point on my part lmao. But aside from that, the point that many people are trying to make is that he shouldn’t be able to make money off of the thing that he used to ruin people’s lives. 

• Upvote 2

Reminder to everyone complaining about not wanting to support this dude: this is a website where you can access music without a penny of of revenue getting to the artist. Like @Lord Kingdom said, it's a FREE listen. I understand if you don't want to listen because you can't separate art from the artist, but if this isn't the case and you're still complaining, you're a silly goose. ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Not because “people don’t like him,” because he used the platform to abuse children. Very very big difference. You do have a point about the piracy thing, big dummy point on my part lmao. But aside from that, the point that many people are trying to make is that he shouldn’t be able to make money off of the thing that he used to ruin people’s lives. 

I'm not gonna sit here and act like he did nothing wrong. However... how did he ruin anyone's life? There have never even been any charges pressed against him. 

1 minute ago, neebnoob18 said:

Reminder to everyone complaining about not wanting to support this dude: this is a website where you can access music without a penny of of revenue getting to the artist. Like @Lord Kingdom said, it's a FREE listen. I understand if you don't want to listen because you can't separate art from the artist, but if this isn't the case and you're still complaining, you're a silly goose. ?

Wrong. Engaging or acknowledging his art in any way is support. Not wanting to support a predator (pedophile) and his Born Again Bullshit act does not make me a silly goose, it makes me a sane rational human being with a conscience.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Nojstrebor said:

Wrong. Engaging or acknowledging his art in any way is support. Not wanting to support a predator (pedophile) and his Born Again Bullshit act does not make me a silly goose, it makes me a sane rational human being with a conscience.

I knew this was going to be said tonight so here we go. To you and everyone else talking about “WeLl StOp SuPpOrTiNg HiM”. Quit responding to everyone in chat and on this thread about the allegations. You are helping with the support y’all hate ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Lol, a bunch of 12 year olds in here. I enjoy his music. “I Never Loved Before I Found You” was great, can’t wait for the new album.

Yeah, how immature it is to step away and look at the big picture for one second and not blindly listen to music just because it sounds good.  Shame on you all, you all look like 12 year olds with your morals and shit.

In all seriousness, its quite childish to belittle someone else's decision to prioritize morals over listening to music for selfish reasons. Yeah, I can see it being annoying to read all these comments and such, but hey, it is supposed to be annoying as it is a constant reminder that the artist is a POS.  When it comes to situations like this, there is a grey area; you can selfishly listen to the music and continue to support the artist, you can separate the art from the artist and just listen (as you yourself are doing I hope, not the former), or you can step away entirely and condemn everything that artist does because of their actions.  There is no right answer, but what you decide ultimately is a test of your character.  What says a lot here is that you had to go and mock others people choice to condemn the artists actions and music.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Nojstrebor said:

One of the definitions of support in the Merriam Webster English Dictionary is "to promote the interests or cause of." In no way is acknowledging someone's music without them knowing or profiting from it in any way. That is, unless there are some lurker pedophiles/Front Porch Step Fans on KL who look at users' consumption of the song and gain affirmation from the fact people are giving it attention. This is extremely unlikely and not worthy of forgoing giving it any attention at all.

If you have a problem with the artist, ignore it and forgoe the attention you  would be giving it. But if you're on a piracy website complaining about giving this dude money, you're using an irrelevant argument.

Lastly, you are a hypocrite seeing as you both acknowledged Front Porch Step and engaged in conversation about it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Juandissimo said:

What says a lot here is that you had to go and mock others people choice to condemn the artists actions and music.  Yeah yeah yeah, I know it is just music and the internet, but it still says a lot about you.  I expected better.

I think they, like myself, were more irked by the childishness in this thread rather than people simply condemning the person. 

6 minutes ago, InsidAero said:

I think they, like myself, were more irked by the childishness in this thread rather than people simply condemning the person. 

Fair enough, I suppose I overlooked that possibility.  Regardless, it isn't that hard to let emotions pass and think for a moment before saying something that may come off as rash to others.  It may not have been his intention but it came off that way anyways.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

One of the definitions of support in the Merriam Webster English Dictionary is "to promote the interests or cause of." In no way is acknowledging someone's music without them knowing or profiting from it in any way. That is, unless there are some lurker pedophiles/Front Porch Step Fans on KL who look at users' consumption of the song and gain affirmation from the fact people are giving it attention. This is extremely unlikely and not worthy of forgoing giving it any attention at all.

If you have a problem with the artist, ignore it and forgoe the attention you  would be giving it. But if you're on a piracy website complaining about giving this dude money, you're using an irrelevant argument.

Lastly, you are a hypocrite seeing as you both acknowledged Front Porch Step and engaged in conversation about it.

Cool story bro. I'm done with this thread and topic. If you wanna enjoy FPS feel free. Sorry I suggested you couldn't do it with a clean conscience. Have a nice life.

7 minutes ago, Juandissimo said:

Yeah, how immature it is to step away and look at the big picture for one second and not blindly listen to music just because it sounds good.  Shame on you all, you all look like 12 year olds with your morals and shit.

In all seriousness, its quite childish to belittle someone else's decision to prioritize morals over listening to music for selfish reasons. Yeah, I can see it being annoying to read all these comments and such, but hey, it is supposed to be annoying as it is a constant reminder that the artist is a POS.  When it comes to situations like this, there is a grey area; you can selfishly listen to the music and continue to support the artist, you can separate the art from the artist and just listen (as you yourself are doing I hope, not the former), or you can step away entirely and condemn everything that artist does because of their actions.  There is no right answer, but what you decide ultimately is a test of your character.  What says a lot here is that you had to go and mock others people choice to condemn the artists actions and music.  Yeah yeah yeah, I know it is just music and the internet, but it still says a lot about you.  I expected better.

This shit happened how many years ago? Did anyone go to prison? Did anyone get sued? Anyone actually get any charges filed? No. 

People are acting as if he hurt them personally. The answer is no, no he has not. The amount of immaturity that this thread has produced is insane. It is absolutely possible to blindly listen to music without a care in the world for the artist. Especially when there is nothing to show for it. “Oh a tumblr girl posted conversations and screenshots”, cool, happened to Hobo Johnson too. Shit gets blown WAY out of proportion when the internet is involved. If you don’t like it, keep scrolling.

Im sorry that you view me as whatever you do, but I’m not here to sympathize with everyone’s emotions and feelings.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

This shit happened how many years ago? Did anyone go to prison? Did anyone get sued? Anyone actually get any charges filed? No. 

People are acting as if he hurt them personally. The answer is no, no he has not. The amount of immaturity that this thread has produced is insane. It is absolutely possible to blindly listen to music without a care in the world for the artist. Especially when there is nothing to show for it. “Oh a tumblr girl posted conversations and screenshots”, cool, happened to Hobo Johnson too. Shit gets blown WAY out of proportion when the internet is involved. If you don’t like it, keep scrolling.

Im sorry that you view me as whatever you do, but I’m not here to sympathize with everyone’s emotions and feelings.

Yeah, I understand, like InsideAero pointed out, I misinterpreted what your initial comment, so that is on me.  Thank you for actively engaging in conversation rather than resorting to insults like most of the user base here does.

But yeah, like we both said, you can continue to listen or not, I personally couldn't care but I personally think there is a moral obligation to condemn all behaviors, regardless of who does it (i.e a person of influence).  And yeah, perhaps there isn't evidence per se (kinda hard to prove sexual harassment/attack when there isn't a camera/audio recorder surrounding everyone 24/7), so things like this are hard to have concrete evidence for, but yes, that also brings up the equal and opposite possibility of this guy being completely innocent and having his name dragged through the mud for no reason.  It does go both ways.

Again, my apologies for the misinterpretation of words.  Carry on.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Lol, a bunch of 12 year olds in here. I enjoy his music. “I Never Loved Before I Found You” was great, can’t wait for the new album.

Incredibly dumb take

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

Was disappointed his cover of The Beatles Seventeen didn't make Songs That Saved My Life Vol. 2

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, Lord Kingdom said:

20 hours ago, Summers said:

I mean I know people who still listen to Lostprophets I wouldn't personally but I wouldn't bring them down for it since it is just music like you said

if there were instrumental versions sure, but you’re listening to the words, thoughts and musings of a literal baby fucker if you listen to lostprophets. 

• Upvote 2

WYv5vZr.gif

@Juandissimo 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, Lord Kingdom said:

Hitler didn't personally hurt me but I still think he is an abomination. Your point?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:42 AM, Lord Kingdom said:

Ngl I laughed at the irony of the 12 year olds comment

8 minutes ago, feverxdream said:

@Juandissimo 

Hitler didn't personally hurt me but I still think he is an abomination. Your point?

What if you put sick lo-fi beats over a Hitler speech

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, feverxdream said:

@Juandissimo 

Thats a false equivalency, bad to use when arguing

• Upvote 1

Godwin's law reached on page 2, not bad KL

• Haha 1