Summers

The Amity Affliction - Catatonia [Single] (2020)

32 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thank you summer :)

This is really fucking good! Can't wait for the album to drop

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

i hate this trend of releasing closing tracks as singles so much, man. that being said, this is tight as fuck

• Love 1

in our country we would say something to the extent  ALA JE OVO MASNO BREEEE i love them heavy shit

Stoked that this song is much heavier than Soaked In Bleach. I'm already thinking this album will be alot better than Misery. 

Though, I really can't stand how fake the drums sound on these new recordings....

• Upvote 2

Way better than Soaked in Bleach. What I appreciate the most is that the chorus is different a little compared to their older stuff prior to Misery. The clean/bassist vocalist always had the kind of vocals that sound exactly the same. He pretty much changed that since misery tho, which is a very good thing, because it was a huge part of why this band is renowned to always release the same album with different lyrics and song titles.

All aboard the hype train for this album.

The more songs they release the more I wonder what experiment Misery was. Just a flex to show that a PHC band can write pop songs? Roadrunner made them change up a bit? I know Joel was going through some shit? I'm sure one of you know the insider facts more than me. I actually dug Misery a lot and was ready to attach to that sound but I can't say I'm disappointed they're back to their previous.

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

@lucydebaerien 

1 hour ago, lucydebaerien said:

i hate this trend of releasing closing tracks as singles so much, man. that being said, this is tight as fuck

But....why? Like what difference does it actually make if it's the 4th track or the last one? :P It's the exact same shit. Obviously the plan was to release this song as a single, right. They're not gonna fuck up the tracklist or randomly throw it in the middle if it doesn't work. I don't really understand your frustration tbh

• Upvote 1

its ok. i really liked soaked in bleach alot. This track is for sure heavier but we'll see.

Love love this song timing was perfect too, even though they did my number one pet peeve with closer as a single it's still a fuckin great song and I feel the chorus on a spiritual level.

• Upvote 1

giphy (2).gif

ah yes my favourite salad dressing 

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

that snare does not sound good

• Upvote 1

Oof. That intro at 6am will wake you the fuck up. Solid!

• Upvote 1

Thats what im talking about TAA. Fucking great. Ive enjoyed all the tracks so far, very hyped. I enjoyed Misery but this is a much welcomed return to form

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

3 hours ago, blakewarford said:

@lucydebaerien 

But....why? Like what difference does it actually make if it's the 4th track or the last one? :P It's the exact same shit. Obviously the plan was to release this song as a single, right. They're not gonna fuck up the tracklist or randomly throw it in the middle if it doesn't work. I don't really understand your frustration tbh

i guess i just disagree, i feel like the tracklist of an album is the specific order that it is because that's the order that makes the most sense, whether that be thematically, sonically, or lyrically. plus a closing track specifically is usually a culmination of everything else on the album and has a fair amount of buildup to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

When the "Ah Uh Ah Uh" at 1:07 is the exact same as in All my friends are dead at 2:52 

• Upvote 2

This might be an unpopular opinion on this band... I LOVED Misery and I thought it was a really progressive step for them.

I'm a little sad they're going back to the same copy-paste songs as before. Not that I didn't enjoy them, I loved Let The Ocean Take Me but that and, the following, This Could Be Heartbreak sound musically identical to me.
I'm glad to see them back and I'll definitely keep checking them out but I am remiss.

Anyway, thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

19 minutes ago, Aria said:

This might be an unpopular opinion on this band... I LOVED Misery and I thought it was a really progressive step for them.

I'm a little sad they're going back to the same copy-paste songs as before. Not that I didn't enjoy them, I loved Let The Ocean Take Me but that and, the following, This Could Be Heartbreak sound musically identical to me.
I'm glad to see them back and I'll definitely keep checking them out but I am remiss.

Anyway, thanks!

Misery was great... actually one of my fav albums but i dont think their is much longevity in that style for them

• Love 2

55 minutes ago, Mattsux666 said:

When the "Ah Uh Ah Uh" at 1:07 is the exact same as in All my friends are dead at 2:52 

I noticed that too. It’s gotta be on purpose, the songs seemed similar to me in others ways as well. I think it'll serve as a callback to the beginning of the record.

• Love 2
  • Downvote 1

Looking forward to the rest of the album. Thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

These guys just don’t quit with the cringe suicide referencing album titles + cover combinations. Gotta hand it to em for being consistently on brand at least.

WYv5vZr.gif

I get the complaints with this being nothing new from the same old Amity, but it's a nice return to form to the LTOTM sound that a lot of fans like myself fell in love with. It's more refined and it feels like home and sounds like some of their best material in years. I think I'll catch them on tour this spring. Was gonna go just for Stray but Amity seems worth it now.

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

I think I found them via All Fucked Up so no matter which way they turned, I was happy. Misery was amazing but the old stuff and also this hard new stuff is amazing. Loving it. 

Solid

15 hours ago, lucydebaerien said:

i guess i just disagree, i feel like the tracklist of an album is the specific order that it is because that's the order that makes the most sense, whether that be thematically, sonically, or lyrically. plus a closing track specifically is usually a culmination of everything else on the album and has a fair amount of buildup to it. 

Know what...that makes sense. I was actually a bit ignorant to the fact that if the closer is dropped before the album, and it's disappointing (But it's supposed to be big), then it destroys expectations of the rest of the album. Cheers for explaining it a bit to me.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

These guys just don’t quit with the cringe suicide referencing album titles + cover combinations. Gotta hand it to em for being consistently on brand at least.

Knowing that Joel Birch is suffering from chronic depression, it isn't a big surprise though. 

Song is good except for when the name of it is said. Then it's kinda cringe

4 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

Song is good except for when the name of it is said. Then it's kinda cringe

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_hayleycuccinello_files_2018_12_x-8-1200x850.jpg

• Haha 1