can we at least put the album name translated? lol

• Downvote 7

12 minutes ago, DIMENSIONAUT IN 3D said:

can we at least put the album name translated? lol

The name is the album cover

• Upvote 4

sound reminds me of te'. is nice.

yooooooooo i had no idea they had a new album coming out, lets fucking go

Never listened to Tricot before, but seeing the posts in here make me feel like I should. I fucking love Toe, who are also Japanese, play Math Rock and would love some more bands like this.

Very creative album cover.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Sadly it's not T H E but I don't think it's fair to compare. This album does its own thing and I have noticed it's much more darker than their previous stuff (irony). It's really great, Mitete is incredible and I like this newer sound, but I'm afraid they will never impress me like they did with T H E

13 hours ago, yomuque said:

first song stutters

no that's just math rock

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

no that's just math rock

0:48 0:53 1:05 1:13 1:18 1:23 are y'all deaf or what. even tracklist says 1:33 and the length of archived song is 1:30

• Haha 1

Just now, yomuque said:

0:48 0:53 1:05 1:13 1:18 1:23 are y'all deaf or what. even tracklist says 1:33 and the length of archived song is 1:30

I have listened to one Spotify rip before this got posted, didn't listen to this one but can confirm some songs stutter. Just listen to it on Spotify

This record is pretty good.

Can someone upload the cover please 

It's not loading

• Haha 5

So happy the new Spinal Tap album finally came out. I haven't seen an album cover this black before.

8 hours ago, BlueWallOfDeath said:

真っ黒 > the black album by metallica 

Sure, this album exit light... But does it enter night?

1 hour ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Sure, this album exit light... But does it enter night?

it may not enter night, but it most certainly enters something... especially if you're @DekinhoDesu

• Love 1

Fixed the first tracks audio stuttering and have the other two tracks uploaded. 

• Upvote 1

Dance Tricot Dance

• Upvote 1

Oh so they're back to being boring and doing what Avex tells them again? Fucking hell, every single fucking time they start to get interesting, they go right back to dribbling out the most boring shit instead of going further with the innovation.

So many better underrated Japanese artists that don't get the attention Tricot does. Total shame.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TomoLust said:

Oh so they're back to being boring and doing what Avex tells them again? Fucking hell, every single fucking time they start to get interesting, they go right back to dribbling out the most boring shit instead of going further with the innovation.

So many better underrated Japanese artists that don't get the attention Tricot does. Total shame.

I really want to know the context behind this. I'm not familiar with this band at all, but from what you're saying it sounds like one of the members suffocates the potential of the group.

14 hours ago, MyTearsYW said:

I really want to know the context behind this. I'm not familiar with this band at all, but from what you're saying it sounds like one of the members suffocates the potential of the group.

Oh idk the specifics of it, I'm not them, I don't even know anything about the members.

T H E was a really promising debut despite not really being that special, A N D was half-mid/half really good but an overall letdown from the potential that T H E showed, 3 mostly delivered on that promise and actually managed to combine pop-friendly songwriting while still being just a bit complex enough to satisfy math rock fans (?), and just last year on the Repeat EP they started doing some really fucking out of the box shit despite every song basically being the same song.

This whole album is just all the same shit tho, just really milquetoast pop-pandering. And there's nothing even wrong with simplistic pop music, there's some fucking outstanding pop records out there, I love pop music, but there's nothing even catchy or unique about this. Just Avex Trax bootlicking. People who don't listen to much J-music will love this tho, but people who've been listening to Japan for more than two or three years have and are hearing better right now.

Anyways, if you're looking for interesting J-music artists kicking around right now, Minakekke, Xiangyu, Mariko Goto's new solo project, and Oyasumi Hologram are incredible right now. If you're looking for something that's mathy and actually unique, Maison Book Girl might be an "idol group" at their core, but they're fucking exceptional and nobody else has ever sounded like them outside of the like two other artists their producer has worked with before. And if you want the alternative, the last two Number Girl albums are basically everything Tricot has failed to be.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, TomoLust said:

Oh idk the specifics of it, I'm not them, I don't even know anything about the members.

T H E was a really promising debut despite not really being that special, A N D was half-mid/half really good but an overall letdown from the potential that T H E showed, 3 mostly delivered on that promise and actually managed to combine pop-friendly songwriting while still being just a bit complex enough to satisfy math rock fans (?), and just last year on the Repeat EP they started doing some really fucking out of the box shit despite every song basically being the same song.

This whole album is just all the same shit tho, just really milquetoast pop-pandering. And there's nothing even wrong with simplistic pop music, there's some fucking outstanding pop records out there, I love pop music, but there's nothing even catchy or unique about this. Just Avex Trax bootlicking. People who don't listen to much J-music will love this tho, but people who've been listening to Japan for more than two or three years have and are hearing better right now.

Oof. T H E is almost flawless imo, A N D was a slight let down compared to T H E but still great, 3 was great and offered more of their melodic side, but I wasn't very keen on Repeat. Didn't seem interesting enough besides BUTTER which is my favorite song of their. This ain't no T H E but the first 6 songs I can easily call flawless however it starts to lose energy after that. Definitely my second fav from them, but I'm very biased and love them a lot

• Haha 1