Michael

Eidola - Discography (2012-2017)

16 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Actually had no idea they had new stuff on the way, let’s goooooo

• Upvote 3

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

New Eidola in 2020 oh god I didn't know that. An awesome band that deserves your attention. Degeneraterra and To Speak, To Listen are a must listen.

• Upvote 2

Some of the best post-hardcore/prog rock around. Unless something happens and they scrap it (highly unlikely) according to the lead singer there's a Jon Mess (DGD) feature on this next album. People close to the band have given extremely high praise to what they've heard so far from it. 

They also posted a few now deleted snippets awhile back. The first one had one of the grooviest riffs/breakdown-ish-thingy? I've heard from them yet. And the other had some nasty unclean vocals over some ridiculously tight drumming. 

Is this one of those bands that screams during the verses and sings during the choruses?

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Buttercup420 said:

Is this one of those bands that screams during the verses and sings during the choruses?

Uhhh... Sometimes?. They have some unique song structures so it's not really something I can answer yes or no to, Lots of songs they do both during the choruses and verses. Some songs are all cleans, there's one with an all screamed chorus. If you are looking for more unique song structures then you should definitely give Degeneraterra a listen first. And if you like it then check out the rest

Edit: a few songs dont even have a distinguishable chorus or verses tbh. It's just 'parts'

eye dohl uh

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Love Eidola but only a few of their songs hit home like To Know What's Real does for me. 

8 hours ago, Buttercup420 said:

nah

eidola is more 'Mars volta' than 'dance gavin'

• Upvote 2

Never heard of them...but I definitely like the song in the video. Gonna check the rest out. Thanks 

Such an underrated band. Really nice guys too. Got to talk to Andrew at a show and he genuinely asked for feedback on what songs they didn't play that I thought they should have. Never had anyone ask me that before.

One of the coolest bands ever.  I'm one who really lives for the music and lyrics aren't overly important, but this might as well be Hermann Hesse singing.  I'm so happy to get The Great Glass Elephant back in my collection after a computer crash a few years ago.

Hermann_Hesse.jpg

Very much looking forward to a new album.  Andrew Wells is an extremely intelligent and interesting dude.  We should be so lucky that he chose to create music :)

ezgif.com-resize.gif

This is such an underrated band. That track from DGD's new album with andrew is amazing. The dude above me is my twin brother btw lol

banner.jpg

I've been around for a minute.