Cosmic Reaper

envy - The Fallen Crimson (2020)

29 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Is envy the same band as envy on the coast?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

Pretty sure this is the Japanese band.

• Upvote 4

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

27 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

no my dude luckily this aren't the same bands because both are great! :)

• Upvote 2

What a fantastic record, I highly suggest you check it out!  Rhythm is the track that I keep coming back to on this record, it is beautiful.  Swaying Leaves and Scattering Breath is my next favorite track.

• Upvote 3

HOLY SHIT I WASN'T READY TO HAVE IT THE DAY AFTER THE CASPIAN LP THANK YOU .___.

• Upvote 3

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.f46c8686e86f6dcb3c433e10f4e3baf1.jpg

nice, feb aotm leaks in jan and in good quality too.

• Upvote 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Easily one of the most heart-wrenching and beautiful musical experiences so far this year. Although you can't really understand the lyrics since they are in Japanese, you can easily feel the emotion and power behind Tetsuya's voice. Couple the phenomenal vocal work with some stellar instrumentation packing lots of atmosphere and melody, you've get one of Envy's greatest records. It'll take some more time to absorb to see how it stands with the rest of their discography, but this is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, of their career. This easily will be in my end of year list, and I truly cannot recommend it enough.

• Upvote 5

8Nk56Da.jpg

First I want to say thanks a lot for this stuff, it already make my day.. so excited and easily be my album of the year. Hope everyone had good weekend.

awesome thanks!!

Such pleasant surprise. Guitars sound absolutely huge, some songs, especially A Faint New World literally made my jaw drop. Closer is incredible as well. Vocally it reminds me a lot of Asunojokei and Heaven in Her Arms. Great record

rymacc 2.png last fm acc 2.png

Cool sound, getting Rolo Tomassi vibes 

These amazing guys from Japan are absolute juggernauts in the Screamo genre. If you're a fan of that type of music, this album is a no brainer to check out. But even if screamo is not really you're thing I'd highly recommend checking Envy out AND check out Vi som älskade varandra så mycket 2019 album that just came out like a month or so before this, truly a masterpiece of screamo/post rock music. Check that out in the below link, it's definitely something no one should sleep on, seriously  - 

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

These amazing guys from Japan are absolute juggernauts in the Screamo genre. If you're a fan of that type of music, this album is a no brainer to check out. But even if screamo is not really you're thing I'd highly recommend checking Envy out AND check out Vi som älskade varandra så mycket 2019 album that just came out like a month or so before this, truly a masterpiece of screamo/post rock music. Check that out in the below link, it's definitely something no one should sleep on, seriously  - 

god bless you <3

• Love 1

8Nk56Da.jpg

Absolutely adore this on first listen. Lots of variety between atmospheric and intense sections made this so engaging. Still can't get over how beautiful "Rhythm" is either, which is easily my favorite song so far on here. Will have to see how this album stacks up against A Dead Sinking Story and Insomiac Doze with time, but it could be my favorite album from Envy so far.

• Upvote 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

I hadn't heard of these guys before but this is amazing, glad I checked it out. Seems like they have a large discography for me to check out too, which is nice.

Their discography is chalked full of fantastic albums & ep’s. This is no different. I think it will be a factor at the end of the year.

• Upvote 2

You can just feel the tension and emotion in every track. I really enjoyed my first listen! I have a feeling this will make it into my top ten, if not five, at the end of the year! This is a very solid album!

• Upvote 1

This right after the new Caspian album...oh man, my soul is not ready.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god 

THIS IS SO GOOD.

This is everything I hoped it would be. So happy. 

ASREFBHLKEYUIZBYRDFEF I LOVE FOXES

ezgif-6-e69b989195bc.gif

Totally loving this album.  Envy do a really amazing job of balancing and/or fusing the post-rock and screamo elements to some really unique results.  My favorite parts of this record are definitely the fast-paced and aggressive screamo passages that reach those huge post-rock crescendos, (see Marginalized thread).  Overall, The Fallen Crimson is their strongest since All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead, and it's a huge feat for a band that's been around for 20 years to reach the heights of their magnum opus album; especially after the stylistic departure from that classic album.  I do notice the vocals seem to be quite low in the mix sometimes, however, I'm mostly assuming any issues will be corrected by the official release date.

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, Rorschach said:

Easily one of the most heart-wrenching and beautiful musical experiences so far this year. Although you can't really understand the lyrics since they are in Japanese, you can easily feel the emotion and power behind Tetsuya's voice. Couple the phenomenal vocal work with some stellar instrumentation packing lots of atmosphere and melody, you've get one of Envy's greatest records. It'll take some more time to absorb to see how it stands with the rest of their discography, but this is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, of their career. This easily will be in my end of year list, and I truly cannot recommend it enough.

now i'd really love to hear the rest of their disco. Where woudl you recommend starting?

tumblr_nfx3hbqWqX1s03x0vo1_500.gif.cc6d5528496e9d13151c966cbda83319.gif

I started trying to focus on the lyrics and couldnt figure out why I couldnt make any sense of it then realized it's a japanese band called envy that I somehow got confused with the band reveries. Lol oops. 

On 1/27/2020 at 3:39 AM, Weiße Rose said:

now i'd really love to hear the rest of their disco. Where woudl you recommend starting?

I know my name isn't Rorschach, but you should grab A Dead Sinking Story and Insomniac Doze next. Both are excellent albums and show some of the best qualities that Envy has to offer. I guess you can't really go wrong with what Envy has been releasing since All The Footprints You've Ever Left And The Fear Expecting Ahead though, as that's where they started blending Post-Rock and Screamo together.

• Love 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

We goin' need dat FLAC

Good shit

What an astounding record.

I love this album. It encompasses so many emotions instrumentally and vocally. Just a great listening experience no matter your musical taste.