Zephyr Sunrise

The Word Alive - NO WAY OUT [Single] (2020)

30 posts in this topic

Leaked
Release - January 24, 2020
Genre - Post-Hardcore, Alternative Rock
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. NO WAY OUT (3:35)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4
  • Downvote 1

Other Releases by

This band is so boring now. Absolute waste of two extremely talented guitarists.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 2

Once again, Telle's delivery is very enjoyable, but it's way too chorus driven and yeah it's a pretty great alternative rock/post-hardcore song but that's not the early-mid career TWA I fell in love with. The bridge is actually so fucking nice wish it lasted longer.

• Upvote 4

Low effort verses, everything else is really enjoyable. Can't wait to see how this single blends in the whole album

• Upvote 1

Why do they even bother if they're not adding anything to a sound that has not only been done to death, but also tons better by bands like Slaves and TCTT?

Solid 5/10 I guess. 

• Upvote 7

I'm loving all of these singles that they have come out with. Definitely looking forward to the new album. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ah.....THE WORD ALIVE......where each release you guys make me like you just a little bit less each time.........sigh

• Upvote 8

this band is a hollow shell of what they once were, such a waste of talent 

• Upvote 3

This guy always screamed like he was gonna fuck up his voice, guess he stopped doing it alot before he totally lost it. Good on him. New music is pretty boring tho.

Monomania was a much more interesting song and not because it was heavier.

It’s alright. Bridge was cool. Sounds a lot like Too Close to Touch.

Somebody get Telle Smith out of this band and into an actually interesting band PLEASE. That man is far too talented to be a part of.. this. The only redeeming quality here is Erik Ron’s electronics and production. Everything else is instantly forgettable. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I actually like the two newer songs off this more then anything they've done in awhile.

• Upvote 1

I really like this a lot actually, probably my favorite song they've done since "Dark Matter." But it literally sounds like it could be off Too Close To Touch's "Haven't Been Myself" album.

why do I feel like everything from this "scene" have an HUGE influence of sempiternal or haven't been myself?

can bands try something different just one time like emarosa did?

• Love 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, rxchvrd said:

why do I feel like everything from this "scene" have an HUGE influence of sempiternal or haven't been myself?

can bands try something different just one time like emarosa did?

Emarosa isn't even a comparable band in terms of genre

• Upvote 1

man wtf is with the lack of cool guitars so far??? One big issue i have so far is the production. They had a unique tone on the last few albums now it just sounds like every other band like this. Same exact tone as slaves and sylar. I actually think the song is ok after one listen cause telle is amazing but the instrumentals have been pretty lackluster so far.

This whole album sounds like Too Close To Touch havent been myself. Heaviest song on here is Thank You though! Sounds like Sellout from Dark Matter. Super catchy album though!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Fit For A King said:

This whole album sounds like Too Close To Touch havent been myself. Heaviest song on here is Thank You though! Sounds like Sellout from Dark Matter. Super catchy album though!

hey bud i just messaged you..

36 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Emarosa isn't even a comparable band in terms of genre

a band who was one day post-hc and now is alternative that decide not going to the generic path of "oh let's copy too close to touch?"

Wow great stuff but the electronic reliance is such a waste of talent - they sound like every other ex metalcore band now.

All of them are A+ musicians.

If it was not Telle singing I'd skip over this immediately and not even give it the time of day.

That scream should be removed, bridge is nice.

Love the instrumental work on this track very much. Vocals from telle are great as always. But just lyrical i think its meh just didnt give me the great vibe like the last two tracks did. We shall see for the rest of the record :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rxchvrd said:

a band who was one day post-hc and now is alternative that decide not going to the generic path of "oh let's copy too close to touch?"

Emarosa hasn't been post hardcore in years, especially not with their current vocalist

• Upvote 1

lmao THE bridge might be the best thing these guys have ever written in the past years. The rest is so bland and uninspired that actually hurts

I haven't had a chance to listen to this, but it's so crazy to see so many singles from so many bands being compared to TCTT. I have no judgement for the matter, I just find it interesting.

They are almost shadows of their former selves now but i think the music they put out now is atleast good unlike some bands that change this much.

I'm enjoying these singles. I've only heard like 3 songs from TWA before this album so I'm not expecting what they're probably known for. 

5 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

I'm enjoying these singles. I've only heard like 3 songs from TWA before this album so I'm not expecting what they're probably known for. 

check out play the victim

• Upvote 2

On 1/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Somebody get Telle Smith out of this band and into an actually interesting band PLEASE. That man is far too talented to be a part of.. this. The only redeeming quality here is Erik Ron’s electronics and production. Everything else is instantly forgettable. 

he has a solo record coming out......i have a feeling that his solo album is going to make him a much more "well known" name..... I have heard that Erik is producing some tracks on his solo record as I have heard that Luke Holland is going to be working on it as well.  I give TWA props for sort of going their own direction when it comes to this album and how it has really strayed the path from their early stuff, but I feel ever since Luke left the band it has become rather unfogetabble.  I mean don't get me wrong, it is still really quite good music, but does NOT showcase Telle's vocal range at all, I feel like he isn't even really trying to show off what his pipes can do on the 3 singles that have dropped... I have had the chance to hear the entire album however and I will tell you that there are like 4 songs on it I think you will be truly impressed with as far as hearing his voice really soar and the music is solid as well....lyrically Telle has grown leaps and bounds as well on this record also.  He is finally feeling comfortable as a vocalist/lyricist I believe after all these years.   I have heard 2 solo songs of his as well and I will tell you this much...get stoked

8 minutes ago, hamboy23 said:

he has a solo record coming out......i have a feeling that his solo album is going to make him a much more "well known" name..... I have heard that Erik is producing some tracks on his solo record as I have heard that Luke Holland is going to be working on it as well.  I give TWA props for sort of going their own direction when it comes to this album and how it has really strayed the path from their early stuff, but I feel ever since Luke left the band it has become rather unfogetabble.  I mean don't get me wrong, it is still really quite good music, but does NOT showcase Telle's vocal range at all, I feel like he isn't even really trying to show off what his pipes can do on the 3 singles that have dropped... I have had the chance to hear the entire album however and I will tell you that there are like 4 songs on it I think you will be truly impressed with as far as hearing his voice really soar and the music is solid as well....lyrically Telle has grown leaps and bounds as well on this record also.  He is finally feeling comfortable as a vocalist/lyricist I believe after all these years.   I have heard 2 solo songs of his as well and I will tell you this much...get stoked

Is his solo project like alternative R&B oriented or what genre would it fall into?