BenjaminBurnley

Breaking Benjamin - Aurora (2020)

33 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Fuck yes! Thank you! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Thank you so much, let's go

Alright so to anyone who expect anything new/amazing from this album, it will be a let down

But if you love BB for whatever they put out and/or if you love every singer that features on this album because of nostalgia, album is really enjoyable

I'm part of the second option, I'll understand every other dislike because that's a lazy record, but that'll be a kudos from me

• Upvote 3

Such a wasted opportunity,.. Dear Agony and Dance With The Devil are good, but not outstanding. If they recorded this from scratch and acoustic, this album could have been one of the best from the band. Everything pretty much sounds like the original tracks, with added more effects and shit that drowns out vocals.

Lacey Sturm saves Dear Agony, but imagine if they would have sung it together, in acoustic and with passion. What a killer track it could have been.

• Upvote 8

Damn, this Dance with the Devil version got me interested

hyped for this. I'm sure it's nothing like their old stuff but should be good on it's own. 

Such a lazy album, and as a result, pretty meh. If this was made from scratch, it could've been amazing, unfortunately like it is, it's just the same vocals from the albuns with different instruments + guest vocals and effects added.

• Upvote 3

Really wasn't expecting much from the album in the first place, just hearing them again makes me smile knowing I grew up listening to these guys, just a revisit to my childhood that was needed in my life on a different plate ❤️

pumped for this, thank you!!

God I love the atmospheric energy in the musically in all of these songs. I'm not so disappear based on their recording, but I'm actually glad they went back to their old works and remastered them. This is simply amazing.

• Upvote 1

This is fine I guess, but it would have sounded so much better if Ben had re-done the vocals to fit the more laid back acoustic feel. I loved when Sevendust did their acoustic record so I was hyped to hear something similar from BB but this is nowhere near as good imo.

Edit: I'll add that DwtD with Adam was worth it though. That's really my only standout track.

• Upvote 3

Just realized what a missed opportunity this was to gather all their other acoustic recordings into one place too. There are studio acoustic versions of Rain, Polyamorous, Diary of Jane, Without You, Give Me A Sign and I Will Not Bow all floating around out there and their inclusion here would certainly have helped appease the fans that were disappointed by a lack of older songs on this album. I guess with digital/streaming people can make their own playlists and add the songs themselves, but how hard would it be to just toss them on as bonus songs? The band really didn't think this through very well did they?

• Upvote 2

I agree it would of been cool of the vox where changed a bit. He did a few very minor changes like the intro of tourn and red cold river.

This has been my favourite band for a decade now, and it'll always keep that title for me, but still I expect something more, something new from them because I know they're capable of coming up with something fresh and great. I enjoyed this record because of nostalgia and yes I love it, but still felt short to my expectations.

As im the lead singer of this band, I feel this is not right.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

As im the lead singer of this band, I feel this is not right.

???are seriously ben? Whats his fav tatoo ;p

10 minutes ago, Koragh said:

???are seriously ben? Whats his fav tatoo ;p

Nirvana one :) 

I mean i like it except so cold but this was pointless. Couldve just released more new music instead. 

• Upvote 1

no reason this should exist but it’s serviceable I guess, even if it’s the laziest shit in the world 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, 2ndkrueger said:

Such a wasted opportunity,.. Dear Agony and Dance With The Devil are good, but not outstanding. If they recorded this from scratch and acoustic, this album could have been one of the best from the band. Everything pretty much sounds like the original tracks, with added more effects and shit that drowns out vocals.

Lacey Sturm saves Dear Agony, but imagine if they would have sung it together, in acoustic and with passion. What a killer track it could have been.

so Ben didnt't re-record vocals for any of the tracks? just re-used the vocal tracks from the original songs & added acoustic instruments to them?

This is definitely good. I mean, all of these songs are already amazing. But I prefer every original version over these ones so idk if I'm even gonna bother listening to this very often. 

8 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

so Ben didnt't re-record vocals for any of the tracks? just re-used the vocal tracks from the original songs & added acoustic instruments to them?

Pretty much, with the exception of the one new song.

43 minutes ago, Dan_622 said:

Ugh I hate that. So lazy. RED did the same thing with their “Breathe Into Me” (acoustic) and it pissed me off

2 hours ago, Dan_622 said:

I'm almost sure Tourniquet does not have original voice record, chorus sounds different and at some point there's kind of a twist where he says "take the fire from within" instead of "tame the fire from within", you can also hear there's less autotune.

I'll assume some vocals are re-recorded BUT it's still a lazy album, I'll allow that

Interested to hear this, thanks for sharing!

Didn't Ben fire a bunch of band members for putting out that 'best of' album without his consent a while back?  Then he turns around and signs off on something like this, (by all accounts) unmemorable with pretty questionable creative decisions and song choices?  As a big fan of the band, I'm sure it'll be an interesting listen but I'm with some of you that a proper, energetic acoustic album with a little more variety from their discography would've been awesome.  Missed opportunity.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Interested to hear this, thanks for sharing!

Didn't Ben fire a bunch of band members for putting out that 'best of' album without his consent a while back?  Then he turns around and signs off on something like this, (by all accounts) unmemorable with pretty questionable creative decisions and song choices?  As a big fan of the band, I'm sure it'll be an interesting listen but I'm with some of you that a proper, energetic acoustic album with a little more variety from their discography would've been awesome.  Missed opportunity.

Yeah like myself this is pretty cliche of ben or even with management. Like they did exactly this and now he's fine by doing this in 2020. Very questionable. 

I really like the work on the acoustic guitars and the string arrangements. Vocals are pretty lazy and overall this felt a little overhyped for how low-effort it actually was.