• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Other Releases by

never heard of them. will try

• Upvote 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Oh boy, here we go this album is gonna be nuts.

Edit: 1 track in and while it was extremely good, I feel like the mixing/mastering is slightly less than it could've been (especially given how well mixed Valiant Hearts' album was and they share band mates)

• Upvote 1

@Can'tComplain  is this the same vocalist?  it has to be

anyways, this has some jams for sure.  valiant hearts was kinda boring instrumentally imo, this is a lot more interesting.  calculated, wanky with some nice heavy grooves.  a lot more surprises to, not so straight forward.

I'm a fan 

• Upvote 2

Check out their previous album as well guys.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, humbleledger said:

Yes, I believe one of the same guitarists too

8 hours ago, humbleledger said:

valiant hearts was kinda boring instrumentally imo

Dang... How many listens did you give that album? Because I sorta thought the same thing after one or two listenthroughs, but now am fully on board with it. 

Fantastic album, extremely catchy and well written with some experimental sections that shine.

Also after a full listen there are some tracks on here mixed and mastered better than others. Like Elsewhere, Earfquake, and one other sound way cleaner, with crunchier guitars that dont overpower the rest. The other tracks have some weird balancing problems. The lead guitar cuts way too much into everything else going on, and the screams sound like they are in front of you rather than integrated into the rest of the mix at some points. Just some weird inconsistencies. The mix definitely isnt bad enough to skip or get all worked up about though. 

• Upvote 1

Valiant Hearts recent release got me on board with the singer (and whatever bandmates these groups share).  So Galleons is obviously the next step.

Had some trouble getting into Dream Machines but it's been growing on me hard the last few weeks.  Awesome time for this one to come out, gonna get some spins tonight/this weekend.  Thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, humbleledger said:

anyways, this has some jams for sure.  valiant hearts was kinda boring instrumentally imo, this is a lot more interesting.  calculated, wanky with some nice heavy grooves.  a lot more surprises to, not so straight forward.

I'm a fan 

I LOVED the new Valiant Hearts album but to be honest, after the 100th listen I kinda agree with this.  There's something a bit spicier with Galleons.  Not positive if it's better yet, or just different.

9 hours ago, everythingwentblake said:

This is really good! It sounds like dance gavin dance with a jonny 2.0.

My exact thoughts too. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Can'tComplain said:

Dang... How many listens did you give that album? Because I sorta thought the same thing after one or two listenthroughs, but now am fully on board with it. 

~20, but the listens were legit kick back, eyes closed, front to back listens.  maybe it just never clicked for me it just felt sort of flat and linear, like pop music with a core coat of paint.  loved dudes voice though.

also damn, lemonade is a fucking roller coaster lol I wish I knew what he was talking about though, is it a metaphor for something?  a lot of these lyrics are pretty off the wall and I love it.

13 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I LOVED the new Valiant Hearts album but to be honest, after the 100th listen I kinda agree with this.  There's something a bit spicier with Galleons.  Not positive if it's better yet, or just different.

yeah the members who are in both bands really have their bases covered, 

also, if you get 100 spins out of an album I think that's pretty good 

18 hours ago, Can'tComplain said:

Fantastic album, extremely catchy and well written with some experimental sections that shine.

Also after a full listen there are some tracks on here mixed and mastered better than others. Like Elsewhere, Earfquake, and one other sound way cleaner, with crunchier guitars that dont overpower the rest. The other tracks have some weird balancing problems. The lead guitar cuts way too much into everything else going on, and the screams sound like they are in front of you rather than integrated into the rest of the mix at some points. Just some weird inconsistencies. The mix definitely isnt bad enough to skip or get all worked up about though. 

At first I thought you were exaggerating, but some of the tracks really do sound worse than they should. It's quite weird and I'm not sure if getting used to it will be easy, but well, it's still a great album anyways.

11 hours ago, humbleledger said:

yeah the members who are in both bands really have their bases covered, 

also, if you get 100 spins out of an album I think that's pretty good 

100 might be a little bit of an exaggeration. :P  But there's probably 6 or so songs from Odyssey I've had solidly in my rotation since it came out, and I listen to a lot of music between my office at work, my office at home, and driving to and from.

As far as Galleons goes, I feel like I enjoy Dream Machines more than Metropolis so far.  Feels like they cranked up the goofiness a little more this time, which is losing me a little bit off the bat.  Probably be 3-4 songs from each album that end up being keepers.

10 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

As far as Galleons goes, I feel like I enjoy Dream Machines more than Metropolis so far.  Feels like they cranked up the goofiness a little more this time, which is losing me a little bit off the bat.  Probably be 3-4 songs from each album that end up being keepers.

oh man I love the quirkiness here.  lemonade is so much fun, plus all the little detours in otherwise straightforward songs.  

I need to relisten to dream machines again, I didn't give it a fair chance and wrote it off as another dbm1 clone.  

5 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

oh man I love the quirkiness here.  lemonade is so much fun, plus all the little detours in otherwise straightforward songs.  

I need to relisten to dream machines again, I didn't give it a fair chance and wrote it off as another dbm1 clone.  

Mr. Strawberry, Electric Emotions, Awkward Androids, He Who Swallowed A Fallen Star (remaster)... those are probably my stand outs from Dream Machines.  Definitely feel the DGD vibes (hell, right down to the Strawberries :lol:)... maybe a little bit of DBM1 and Happiness.

There are some great tunes on Metropolis.  Hard to pick out a few so far, I think it's just gonna have to grow on me.  I like the creativity, lyrics are eyebrow raising at times.  Lemonade in particular. :lol:

• Upvote 1

for those of you interested, the lead singer made a Reddit account and it's replying to questions, he's writing chapter long responses and it's awesome

finally got an answer to what the fuck Lemonade is about, appearance this started out as a concept album and there's a few left over tracks from that story

• Love 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, humbleledger said:

for those of you interested, the lead singer made a Reddit account and it's replying to questions, he's writing chapter long responses and it's awesome

finally got an answer to what the fuck Lemonade is about, appearance this started out as a concept album and there's a few left over tracks from that story

That's awesome, loved reading through his responses.  Gets into Galleons and Valiant Hearts, influences, artists he'd like to work with, answers lots of questions, very open about the process and stuff he's thinking about going forward.  Makes me love his bands even more.

I like that he agrees Anon was a step back for Hands Like Houses. :P

How come I have never listened to this band before? At first I was a bit skeptical about this band but I thought "if the KL hang posted their album preview, well I guess they are good".

I'm glad I checked them out. Cybersex is a banger. 

large.png