The site has been successfully restored at 10 PM EST on February 19th from the backup taken at 4 AM on the same day. We were forced to do this due to a fatal system error. If something is missing, this is probably why. If you find any bugs as a result of this restore, please let us know immediately.
Zephyr Sunrise

Atena - Drowning Regret & Lungs Filled with Water (2020)

21 posts in this topic

AHMkd9a.jpg

Leaked
Release - January 24, 2020
Genre - Progressive Metalcore, Experimental, Djent, Rapcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. Intro (0:26)
02. Born Rotten (2:47)
03. No Hope for Miscarriage (3:37)
04. Let Them Hang in the Halls (2:53)
05. Slap (3:38)
06. +47 3029 (2:47)
07. Domestic Abuse (3:10)
08. She Wept as I Told Her (3:17)
09. Godforsaken (3:33)
10. Death is All I Think About (3:37)
11. Drowning Regret (1:45)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

Other Releases by

One of the few bands that still manage to intrigue me. Really hyped for this! Thanks a lot!

• Upvote 2

This is gonna go past a lot of peoples radar, but it's a must listen to!

• Upvote 2

Damn this is good. My expectations were high and they were met. Great experimental prog metalcore.

• Upvote 2

Don't see how this is really experimental. Typical Northlanecore that's been trendy for the past few years. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Been keen on this since "Death is all i think about". Another great album to release today. 

• Upvote 3

I'm sad "Det Var Ikke Sånn Det Skulle Ende" didn't make it on the album, probably my favorite song by them...
Anyway, I'm really hyped that it finally leaked!

This is good stuff, an interesting album to listen to. I can hear a lot of replay value in it, but only time will really answer that for sure. +47 3029 actually had me quite emotional, fuck.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Foxlass said:

Don't see how this is really experimental. Typical Northlanecore that's been trendy for the past few years. 

Northlanecore? Lol kinda confused bc this sounds nothing like Northlane to me. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, dvsr said:

Northlanecore? Lol kinda confused bc this sounds nothing like Northlane to me. 

It's a general figure of speech; I mean the prog djentcore with an over reliance on chugging and breakdowns that has been the trend in core for the past few years. 

1 hour ago, Foxlass said:

It's a general figure of speech; I mean the prog djentcore with an over reliance on chugging and breakdowns that has been the trend in core for the past few years. 

I've only been listening to core bands since 2011 but 95% of core music sounds the same to me so I probably wouldn't notice things like that to be fair. 

This band has always been wierd, and I have always loved it.

• Upvote 3

Love It! Something fresh.

• Upvote 2

She Wept as I Told Her and Death Is all I Think About are the "Experimental" tracks. Posted as singles here ;) just following the tags. Glad everyone is enjoying this album. It's definitely an eye-catcher. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Zephyr Sunrise said:

She Wept as I Told Her and Death Is all I Think About are the "Experimental" tracks. Posted as singles here ;) just following the tags. Glad everyone is enjoying this album. It's definitely an eye-catcher. 

You should check out more experimental music...  Thy Catafalque's new record is a perfect place to start (note that 20% of that record is metal, the rest is pure bliss).

Also, this record needs more Oil Rigs

• Love 2

When I first heard Death Is All I Think About however long ago that single came out, I was skeptical, but it ended up being one of my favorite songs of last year. This band has some great potential to stand out from the crowd.

• Upvote 1

beautifully

On 1/23/2020 at 8:48 AM, Foxlass said:

They do have similarities, but these guys are brillant at what they do. The whole atmosphere they offer is different from anything I’ve heard. Each and every platform I go to there’s a tone of people commenting that this band brings something new to this long lasting genre.

I’ve been listening to this kind of music for a long time now and I totally agree. You can’t judge them by one song because they do have songs that have structures that have been done quite a few times. It’s more about the whole package they offer.

1 hour ago, Adec21 said:

They do have similarities, but these guys are brillant at what they do. The whole atmosphere they offer is different from anything I’ve heard. Each and every platform I go to there’s a tone of people commenting that this band brings something new to this long lasting genre.

I’ve been listening to this kind of music for a long time now and I totally agree. You can’t judge them by one song because they do have songs that have structures that have been done quite a few times. It’s more about the whole package they offer.

idk mate I've just heard so much djentcore that it all blends together for me