ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Michael

Novelists FR - C'est la vie (2020)

40 posts in this topic

Finally <3

Thank you!!!!!

C'est la vie

Been looking forward to this one, thank you! ??

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

this should be good

also, album is French for "that's life"

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Just sad that it only has 9 Songs. But you can add Eyes Wide Shut single to make it a bit longer. ;)

Really strong and growing Band.<3

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

C'est la vie

Album's not bad at all, actually has some very fun heavy belters in it, which I probably enjoyed the most (Modern Slave, Kings Of Ignorance), but what the fuck was that title track? The feature vocalist is mediocre, the song itself is insanely dull and then it's somehow the shortest on the album and still ends with a shitty fadeout... wtf were they thinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

34 minutes ago, desk said:

Album's not bad at all, actually has some very fun heavy belters in it, which I probably enjoyed the most (Modern Slave, Kings Of Ignorance), but what the fuck was that title track? The feature vocalist is mediocre, the song itself is insanely dull and then it's somehow the shortest on the album and still ends with a shitty fadeout... wtf were they thinking.

Bro, calm down it's free tunes, chill, be chillllllllllllllll

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

Bro, calm down it's free tunes, chill, be chillllllllllllllll

Hope this is satire, young man.

• Haha 3

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 hour ago, Noir said:

Just sad that it only has 9 Songs. But you can add Eyes Wide Shut single to make it a bit longer. ;)

Really strong and growing Band.<3

Exactly what I did after extracting the file, immediately set up the Eyes Wide Shut as it belongs there :D 

• Upvote 2

So after listening to this multiple times I have to say this is amazing adding eyes wide shut definitely makes it even more of a masterpiece. C’est le vie definitely needs to be longer though it stops way too soon. Overall it’s a 9/10 for me these dudes never really disappoint ?

7 hours ago, DIMENSIONAUT IN 3D said:

this should be good

also, album is French for "that's life"

thanks! I've never heard C'set La Vie ever uttered by anyone before, like ever in my life ;)

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Kings of Ignorance is so good, then that Florent guest spot just puts it over the top. Guy is a beast

damn this is fucking good. 

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Was about to put this on my phone....after a quick listen its a no. sounds like something from france......

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I'm so hype for this, still a little confused why Eyes Wide Shut isn't on it tho

Loved this release quite a bit, very enjoyable stuff here. The guitar work here is so tight.

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

album is a banger, but too short.

It's songs like Rain and Human Condition that define this band and what makes Novelists my favorite band.  I will agree though, the album is too short.  I was unfortunately expecting 11-12 songs.  :(

Is the album good?

The previous album I only liked the 3 last songs, the rest was meh.

11 minutes ago, David_Chozet said:

Is the album good?

The previous album I only liked the 3 last songs, the rest was meh.

The album is very Novelists.  Compared to Noir, this album is more... "simple."  You won't find a song like Monochrome in this album, the nearest thing would be the song Rain.  Rain is a masterpiece.

Very good album IMO, going back to their roots with Kings of ignorance, Rain, Human condition.

tenor.gif

One of the few making us proud to be French :D 
A great album !

Not a fan of title track at all, but everything else sounds nice.

This album is so damn good! 100% worth the wait<3

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2020 at 4:31 AM, Shyde said:

One of the few making us proud to be French :D 
A great album !

There's quite a lot to be proud of in the French music scene, especially when it comes to Metal.

I liked Noir, hoping to like this as well.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Very solid album, Modern Slave is a banger

On 1/26/2020 at 5:08 PM, Edgekrvzher said:

There's quite a lot to be proud of in the French music scene, especially when it comes to Metal.

I liked Noir, hoping to like this as well.

I can't quote many French bands I enjoy unfortunately... Maybe Chunk!, Landmvrk and Betraying the Martyrs but that's about it really (unless I missed any!)

7 hours ago, Shyde said:

I can't quote many French bands I enjoy unfortunately... Maybe Chunk!, Landmvrk and Betraying the Martyrs but that's about it really (unless I missed any!)

I quite like Betraying The Martyrs, so I agree with you on that. I guess when I think of France, I think of their amazing Metal scene, especially in Black and Death Metal. Not sure if any of these will be your cup of tea, but some of my favorite Metal bands from France include:

Alcest (or pretty much whatever Neige is involved in.)

Benighted

Blut Aus Nord

Dagoba

Deathspell Omega

Gojira

Hacride

Kronos

And, of course, you got the whole Synthwave thing that made the biggest waves with Carpenter Brut, Dance With The Dead, Perturbator and such. So yeah, France has quite the lively music scene. Just you have to dig to find it!

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.