mR12

Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By (2020)

149 posts in this topic

To go along with this, if you want me to clarify why I don't like Eminem's recent output:

I believe a lot of it is extremely pretentious posturing on his part and that his personality is obnoxious. This would be forgivable if his music was interesting, but I don't find it anything special. Especially on this album, where it's chockful of stereotypical trap rap beats and boring production. 

Some of his early material was decent, although I found it to be nothing particularly special compared to other artists at that time. 

• Downvote 3

Other Releases by

Jesus this has gone to shit real quick. Why does everyone always have to insult and express hostility towards each other. The KL community has become extremely toxic as of late.

SIGH :(

• Sad 1

@Foxlass Also tbf I like some emo rapper types just not the popular lil types, 6ix9ine, X etc

1 minute ago, Summers said:

@Foxlass Also tbf I like some emo rapper types just not the popular lil types, 6ix9ine, X etc

Some emo rap is quite good. I enjoy Bladee and Lil Peep a lot, as well as Corbyn. Not something I usually seek out but it's got some good stuff. 

4 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

Jesus this has gone to shit real quick. Why does everyone always have to insult and express hostility towards each other. The KL community has become extremely toxic as of late.

SIGH :(

Yeah, I'll admit I was being toxic at first. I've got anger issues, but I've tried to steer this discussion away from that.

Holy shit. I love Farewell. Wish the rest of the album clicked with me though. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, ae fanboi 7\ said:

fuck Eminem and fuck everyone that excuses the shit he says on this piece of shit (haven't heard the album, I've seen enough lyric screenshots on Twitter though)

If youre bitching about the Manchester line, he donated 2 Million to the effort when it happened. I think he can say what he wants on the matter.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, Foxlass said:

"Game over, Thanos on you H-O's
On my petty shit but I don't paint toes
Get the plunger (Plunger) 'cause Marshall and M.A go plum crazy

This was sorta in depth tbh. Pedi-shit as in a pedicure is the only surface double. This scheme is probably a shot at a youtube rapper named dax considering he has freestyled over several em songs (and tells em to call him at the beginning of all of them), Called himself Daxnos (I know corny as hell), used to be a janitor hence the plumbing part, and had someone else call him out for painting his toes. So... There's quite a lot of content there.

On 1/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, Foxlass said:

Call us liquid plumber, 'cause even Dre know (Dre know)
Beat knocks like a beefed up Detox

I hope you got the draino bar... Not great or anything, but something.

Also Beat knocks like a beefed up Detox. Detox is the name of an unreleased project of Dre's if my memory serves right. And this beat was also worked on by Dre. It also being a detox fits in with the previous scheme about plumbing and draino. 

On 1/17/2020 at 6:04 AM, Evanwiger said:

Juice world & Eminem lol? imma pass slim. Recovery was my last Eminem record I "sorta" liked. Bring back Dre, write on top of that. Someone break into Dre's studio, and find everything and leak Detox already. 

Detox is not happening bro, they've said multiple times.

• Upvote 1

Stay out of politics.

Typical Hollywood liberal bullshit.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

On 1/18/2020 at 11:39 PM, Foxlass said:

Any of you idiots complaining about "mumble rap" and how apparently the lyrics are so terrible, maybe you should read the lyrics to this album. They're just as juvenile and stupid. Take a look in the mirror you clowns. 

exactly this oh my god

Blame the fact that I didn't realize Eminem's lyrics were offensive until now at my age. But I just cannot relate or like any of these homophobic or offensive for the sake of being offensive lyrics it's just not my thing.

Also dear fucking god the attack on "mumble rappers" by Eminem fans is so fucking tiring. Some people just want to make music to have fun/get money. Get. Over. It.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, FallenZA said:

Em is getting a lot of praise on YouTube

YouTube comments will literally praise anything that isn't entirely popular to hate on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, ae fanboi 7\ said:

Blame the fact that I didn't realize Eminem's lyrics were offensive until now at my age. But I just cannot relate or like any of these homophobic or offensive for the sake of being offensive lyrics it's just not my thing.

Also dear fucking god the attack on "mumble rappers" by Eminem fans is so fucking tiring. Some people just want to make music to have fun/get money. Get. Over. It.

Just fucking drop it

1 hour ago, ae fanboi 7\ said:

YouTube comments will literally praise anything that isn't entirely popular to hate on.

You know the conversation was dead right? There was no need to come back to it. No need to start it again

Y'all please just don't start anymore drama. I understand it's hard to resist but this thread doesn't need any more of it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:04 AM, Evanwiger said:

Juice world & Eminem lol? imma pass slim. Recovery was my last Eminem record I "sorta" liked. Bring back Dre, write on top of that. Someone break into Dre's studio, and find everything and leak Detox already. 

I was like you. Marshall Matters LP2 had a few songs that I liked, but Revival and Kamikaze were a big "meh".

I went with very low expectations, but surprisingly the album it's good. Some songs have an old vibe. You should give it a try.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Music To Get Cock And Ball Tortured By

7 hours ago, CharlyXero said:

I was like you. Marshall Matters LP2 had a few songs that I liked, but Revival and Kamikaze were a big "meh".

I went with very low expectations, but surprisingly the album it's good. Some songs have an old vibe. You should give it a try.

Ill give it a whirl 

21 hours ago, Foxlass said:

Y'all please just don't start anymore drama. I understand it's hard to resist but this thread doesn't need any more of it. 

ok I'm sorry.

and hey, since I talked so much here, I decided to actually listen to this. You have every right to call me a hypocrite if I enjoy it.

• Confused 2

83179878_496918817631021_640112868998302

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 2:27 PM, Scroteslapper said:

Are you retarded or are you just retarded?

You're about as edgey as a 47 year old Eminem

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

• Upvote 1

The links are down 😞

Love it, loved kamikaze... Revival and encode are really the only two I don't consider classic

I like recovery more but prob like this more than mmlp2 and kamikaze

He's such a better more skilled rapier now he just hasn't been making those memorable lose yourself, Stan songs

Wish he would do a story telling concept album. Step dad is fun

7 hours ago, amazonbasics said:

Love it, loved kamikaze... Revival and encode are really the only two I don't consider classic

I like recovery more but prob like this more than mmlp2 and kamikaze

He's such a better more skilled rapier now he just hasn't been making those memorable lose yourself, Stan songs

Wish he would do a story telling concept album. Step dad is fun

Yes I definitely agree. Revival was awful...why does he keep saying it was good?! - I don't understand! lol Encore was pretty bad and Recovery was slightly better although too 'poppy', which a lot of Eminem fans were hating about it. Relapse, on the other hand, is sooo underrated! The accents were not liked by many but I personally found it an incredible album and love it! Music To Be Murdered By reminds me of a mixture of Relapse and MMLP2. Don't get me wrong, for me, it's not an amazing album but definitely a really good one.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:27 AM, ZKC100 said:

Yes I definitely agree. Revival was awful...why does he keep saying it was good?! - I don't understand! lol Encore was pretty bad and Recovery was slightly better although too 'poppy', which a lot of Eminem fans were hating about it. Relapse, on the other hand, is sooo underrated! The accents were not liked by many but I personally found it an incredible album and love it! Music To Be Murdered By reminds me of a mixture of Relapse and MMLP2. Don't get me wrong, for me, it's not an amazing album but definitely a really good one.

I could definetly see recovery as very poppy but that's why I liked it. Most all the hooks were catchy, beats were up tempo. 

I don't mind his normal voice or higher pitched accents. I've always like relapse 

I think revival was just too political. I'm not even pro or anti anything I just don't really care to have my music all about that... But his music, do what you want. It was disengaging to me

Like when aziz did his weird apology in his Netflix special. Apologize if you feel the need to but a comedy special is supposed to be funny...nit awkward and apolegtic, revival just seemed out of place. 

And encore, yeah, just kind've nothing happened there. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:20 AM, Bad Dub said:

Lost respect for Em dropping this on the same day as Mac Millers album.

@Bad Dub You can't lose respect just for a coincidence! You couldn't of had true respect in the first place. There must have been a few albums released the same day.... 

7 hours ago, 1ofanotherkind said:

@Bad Dub You can't lose respect just for a coincidence! You couldn't of had true respect in the first place. There must have been a few albums released the same day.... 

After the fact I realised what I said was dumb. Oh well.