967-EVIL

Avenged Sevenfold - Set Me Free (Single) (2020)

29 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Very good song. Excited to hear more

from the video comments:

“Set Me Free” was previously recorded for the “Hail To The King” album but has never been released until now. It will be included on the streaming version of “Diamonds in the Rough” coming Feb 7.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Better than anything on The Stage. Not surprising since this is from the Hail to the King era.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 12

Not a big fan. Just sounds like Acid Rain part 2. The guitar work is good but apart from that, nothing special.

• Upvote 1

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

7 minutes ago, Irrev77 said:

Better than anything on The Stage. Not surprising since this is from the Hail to the King era.

HTTK isn't good though

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Damn. Straight to the feelings

• Upvote 1

ok.

In my opinion this song is pretty cool. Didn't expect to see this song come. It reminds me a bit of Crimson Day from Hail To The King

Right into the feels, I like this a lot...

• Upvote 1

Fantastic song. Hope this isn’t the last we’ll hear from them this year. So eager for new music from them.

This song being from Hail to the King makes a lot of sense. It’s very ballad and has that signature Avenged Sevenfold sound to it but it lines up with how a lot of HTTK sounded; a tribute album to the bands that inspired them.

Edited by Taylor Swift
Enter key.
  • Upvote 2

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

1 minute ago, Taylor Swift said:

Fantastic song. Hope this isn’t the last we’ll hear from them this year. So eager for new music from them.

It definitely isn't. They've been in the studio for a while now (talked to somebody who knows Syn personally). 

Yea whats the story behind this song? New? B-Side?

Either way lets get it! I don't really listen to much music like them anymore but will always have a soft spot for them.

7 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

Yea whats the story behind this song? New? B-Side?

Either way lets get it! I don't really listen to much music like them anymore but will always have a soft spot for them.

Hail to the King b-side yeah

It was ok for them. Just gave me Metallica "Nothing Else Matters" vibes right off the bat. The solo was the peak

• Love 1

This band is just a shadow of what it used to be. Now it's just a reminiscent of Metallica, which is a pretty fucking overrated and boring band if you'd ask me.

They were among my favorites, but after ''Nightmare'' became unlistenable.
It's pretty similar to ''I wont see you tonight pt1'' but how does this even compare to It' ?

Answer: It doesnt come even close.

Cool guitar work, I guess ?

I miss The Rev so fucking much, he was the soul of this band/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

This band is just a shadow of what it used to be. Now it's just a reminiscent of Metallica, which is a pretty fucking overrated and boring band if you'd ask me.

It's pretty similar to ''I wont see you tonight pt1'' but how does this even compare to It' ?

Avenged Sevenfold wasn't ONLY The Rev homie. 

• Love 1

Just now, dorathekiller97 said:

Avenged Sevenfold wasn't ONLY The Rev homie. 

I guess you should see who wrote most of the songs from Nightmare then.
Most of them were wrote by The Rev in it's entirety.
He may be not the whole band, but it was the soul of it.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

k lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lelouch6661 said:

It definitely isn't. They've been in the studio for a while now (talked to somebody who knows Syn personally). 

I hope this is true...cause my first thought after seeing this was an old song was that we’re not getting anything new for a long time. 
The song’s ok. I can’t say I care for most of the lyrics. The second verse is cool, but the rest is pretty wishy washy and wussy. Really good guitar throughout. There isn’t nearly enough clean electric guitar in songs these days IMO. 

2 hours ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Exactly which part of the 15 minute prog metal-esque closing track on their last album sounded like Metallica? I've been hearing this criticism against the band ever since HttK was released, but other that that particular record (which, I'll add, sounded that way on purpose) I don't see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, Kalthoreil said:

Damn. Straight to the feelings

Brooo I never cried so hard.

• Upvote 1

I remember when they were good. 

• Downvote 3

PSP JEsus.gif

I love everything by them, the stage I didn't enjoy too much but still gave it a try and still listen from time to time. I'm so happy more music is coming out. This song was like a breath of fresh air. Still really miss the Rev though. The band will always miss a significant part of it without him around. But I'm very happy to see they are still writing and releasing tunes in 2020. Here's to hoping for more singles soon and a album within a couple months.

8 hours ago, AlexOfDarkness said:

Brooo I never cried so hard.

Welp there are two songs from A7X which can (or could) make me cry and this one is not one of them, but this sure has some damn feelings.