Rorschach

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain/Talking Myself In Circles [Singles] (2020)

26 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Oh wait whaat?! Shit nice, been waiting for something new for FYS for a while now. Loved their self titled so much. We Float Down Here was one of my favorite songs. Can't believe I didn't know about these coming out. Thank you @Rorschach superb find man!

• Upvote 1

cannot wait for this album 

Most anticipated of the year since I heard they played a new song live and couldnt find on YouTube 

Two awesome singles, Talking Myself In Circles being the better of the two for me after repeat listens. I do really like the bridge/outro of Brain Pain though, I think these singles are showing progression and I'm so excited for this new record...I've missed them.

• Upvote 1

Now would be a great time for Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! to make their return too. They're going on tour this March, so here's hoping. 

• Upvote 7

Brain Pain is the better track imo, but it still isn't amazing. Lyrics are good but the vocal melodies aren't good enough to compliment them, and the instrumentals are a bit lack luster despite the heaviness. Bridge is good too. Talking Myself in Circles just kinda comes and goes without much of an impact but it's not bad I suppose.

Wow Brain Pain might be one of the better Four Year Strong songs I've heard in a while. Pleasant surprise.

Hell yea thanks kl looking forward to jamming this one or two shall I say

YOOOOOOOOOOO

20200608_180043.png

And their perfect discography is maintained. I haven't been this excited for a release since amo.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

20200608_180043.png

53 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

WILL PUTNEY

Yass!!!! Greatest Dude!

• Love 1

"If it ain't broke, Blastbeat the Fuck out of it" -I Declare War

WOW Brain Pain is fucking awesome. 

• Upvote 2

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Wow these guitars are tuned LOW. This is such a strange mix of styles I don't know how to take it.

• Upvote 2

Brain Pain is one of the best FYS songs I've heard. Shit sounds like if Protest the Hero and pop punk had a beautiful baby.

• Upvote 1

These tracks are amazing! I can't wait for this album, FYS never disappoint!

• Upvote 1

cant wait for this album!! 2/20 :D

• Upvote 1

I've never really been too much into FYS, but I liked Brain Pain pretty well, and I appreciate their greater use of a lower tuning for these new songs.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

I can't fucking wait for this album!

Really like these two new songs, wish the vocals were louder on the heavy one.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

EARLY album of the year candidate.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, NightAngel said:

I've never really been too much into FYS, but I liked Brain Pain pretty well, and I appreciate their greater use of a lower tuning for these new songs.

As far as I know, they've been in D standard (DGCFAd) their entire career. With that said, they have been a band for almost 20 years now; if they changed tuning for a song or two I wouldn't put it past them. On a side note, the beginning of Brain Pain reminds me of the beginning of Subject Zero by Veil Of Maya.  

• Upvote 1