Chief

2019 Album of the Year: Final Results + Discussion

Final Round: What is your favorite release from 2019?  

629 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Final Round: What is your favorite release from 2019?

• Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
    • Bring Me The Horizon - amo
    • Northlane - Alien
    • Dayseeker - Sleeptalk

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2020 at 05:00 AM

90 posts in this topic

Not a bad album at all rather that won than Sleeptalk or amo I feel those two albums are the worst in Dayseekers and BMTHs discographies but this is my opinion listen to what you want :D

• Upvote 2

I am happy now. Thank u all for not picking amo :) 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

I mean it nearly won lmao

• Upvote 1

Just now, Summers said:

I mean it nearly won lmao

26 votes we good ;) 

26 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

F22D766C-DC6C-45B2-9401-718575CD1878.jpeg

• Haha 3

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

33 minutes ago, Juandissimo said:

Still infuriated that Peppa Pig's "My First Album' didn't even make it on the chart.  Yalls need to listen to better music, smh my damn head.

Or kidz bop 2019!!???!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I said it once, and I'll say it again
I bet my left nut that if BMTH werent so popular, you guys would be all over it.
I don't care who wins, or who loses
In my heart, deep down, I know which the real AOTY is.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

let's not pick amo because it's not the really aoty picking an album that also isn't the aoty hahahahaha

tssf.jpg

Aye, the Metal Gods themselves. 

• Haha 1

PSP JEsus.gif

Won't say that I'm glad Amo didn't win, but at the same time, it's one of those albums that accumulates hype because of the name behind it, generates so much conversation because of the sound change, and then suddenly becomes another record that may or may not come up in shuffle every now and then. Lots of fun releases in 2019 for sure, but Amo was just a bit meh for me. Won't deny that some of the songs grew on me, but it is what it is. Really nice finalists for sure. I voted Slipknot because it was one that I enjoyed more out of the bunch.

• Upvote 4

You know I'm starting to question the (not in order) part of the voting. It goes from slipknot to dayseeker, top to bottom, and when we got the final votes. Well, it's the same. So like no wonder Slipknot would win. They've been at it for a long time and I think We Are Not Your Kind really shaped them in their own way. As someone who voted for Alien (even wanted Knocked Loose, and way too many to mention), this is also a well deserved aoty. Cannot wait for 2020!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IceBlood said:

I mean hey, at least it wasn't another DGD album lol.

That comes this year ;)

I'm judging these albums on their entirety as a whole. Slipknot had absolute BANGERS but there's still songs I would skip, plus they had a lot of filler. Every song on Amo and Alien are all worth listening to IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol every dgd instrumental in one aoty poll.

• Haha 1

at least amo didn't win 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

Melancholy and The Battle of Yaldabaoth were not on this list so I really don't care ! 

• Love 2

Well Slipknot and BMTH were gonna be in the lead from the start but at least I could call Slipknot's album great while Amo has to be BMTH's lowest point, even the recent mixtape is better if you trim some of its fat.

Sleeptalk making it in the final vote still blows my mind and Alien is my personal metalcore AOTY but oh well.

So many people whining about WANYK/Amo being in the lead but it doesn't take a genius to realize why that is:

Spoiler

QABwWfa.png

The only way you could remove popularity bias is by having people rate each album on a certain scale and then have some sort of miniscule factor of popularity also come in play so that an album that has a 9.0/10 rating by 5 people doesn't win over an 8.5/10 rated album by 500 people. Other sites have done it, it works, usually.

Also you should only let people rate the album they vote as AOTY so they couldn't "rate bomb" others with 0-1s as history tells this has been done by many juvenile fandoms of various mediums (such as superhero movies, kpop, other bullshit).

EDIT: I have just realized that my system is fucking stupid because then everyone will just rate their pick 10/10 and it'll be the same thing all over again lmao. I guess you could try some sort of ranking system so everyone has to at least check out the top 4-10 finalists and rank them in order..? So even if someone comes to vote for Slipknot they could at least TRY to give the other albums a chance and maybe if enough people thought the overwhelming number 2-3 pick was great but wasn't certain groups' first choice it should still be worthy of AOTY as a whole?

It's really not that hard to sit through 4 albums in a week, especially when they're considered THE BEST ALBUMS THE YEAR HAD TO OFFER... :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Voted for Dayseeker as they were the only one that was in my top 10, if not I would've for Alien, which was also great. Haven't even listened to the new Slipknot, maybe I should?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

YESSSSSSSS

Glad Dayseeker made it this far, it won AOTY in my heart

• Upvote 2

Slipknot deserved it this year. 

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

l o l !

weren't masses supposed to vote for AILD comeback?

giphy.gif

The Valley is way better than We are not your Kind.

• Upvote 1