serafina

Rush - Discography (1973-2015)

22 posts in this topic

57dbcb4465170.jpg

Genre - Progressive Rock, Hard Rock, Pop Rock, Progressive Pop

Country - Canada

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR (unless otherwise stated)

Release List:

Studio Albums

(1974) Rush

(1975) Fly by Night

(1975) Caress of Steel

(1976) 2112

(1977) A Farewell to Kings

(1978) Hemispheres

(1980) Permanent Waves

(1981) Moving Pictures (2011 remaster) 

(1982) Signals

(1984) Grace Under Pressure

(1985) Power Windows

(1987) Hold Your Fire

(1989) Presto (re-issue)

(1991) Roll the Bones (re-issue)

(1993) Counterparts (re-issue)

(1996) Test for Echo

(2002) Vapor Trails (remixed)

(2007) Snakes & Arrows

(2012) Clockwork Angels

Singles/EPs

(2004) Feedback (EP)

Live Albums/Compilations

(1976) All The World's a Stage

(1981) Exit...Stage Left

(1989) A Show of Hands

(1998) Different Stages / Live

(2003) Rush in Rio

(2008) Snakes & Arrows Live

(2011) Moving Pictures: Live 2011

(2011) Time Machine: Live in Cleveland 2011

(2013) Clockwork Angels Tour

(2015) R40 Live 

Download

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

Other Releases by

RIP Neil, i have been touched by his lyrics and music. Gread band, awesome human beeings, great talents. long live Rush!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Devastating. Been a lover of Rushs' music since I was thirteen years old (now pushing closer and closer to my fifties) and this is so damn sad. I know brain cancer personally and know what it feels like. I know what I'll be playing today. First album I ever heard. "Exit...Stage Left". That's as good a start as any from their amazing releases. RIP

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Thank you for posting, Neil is a legend and always will be. 

These guys were pivotal for launching me into the endless abyss that is progressive music, and I am forever grateful and heartbroken. Rest easy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

RIP to this  legend, his legacy has influenced so many artist in every genre... but  specially progressive music and metal wouldn't be the same without his innovative work both lirically and musically 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Rush has influenced so many of today’s acts, some probably don’t even realize it. If you’re a fan of progressive metal or rock, you can thank Rush for that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

A true legend, each and every one of them. 

• Love 1

Truly amazing how three talented individuals made such an impact on music. You listen to bands like Coheed And Cambria, Dream Theater, pretty much most bands in Progressive Metal/Rock and hear Rush's dna in their music. Reading about Neil Peart's passing yesterday was very sad, especially knowing it was brain cancer. Definitely will be blasting some Rush this weekend and doing some silly air drumming along with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

I’ve always been meaning to listen to Rush outside of 2112. What do y’all recommend?

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

RIP Neil Peart...best drummer of his time. Inspired so many! RUSH are legends especially in the eyes of all of Canadians that know their roots. You may hate Geddy's voice but RUSH did the impossible in their hayday.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5effd2a4750bd913316084.gif

Awesome! I've always wanted their discography but kept forgetting to torrent it. Rip Neil Peart. Thanks for this guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Be sure to check out Clockwork Angels. Really underrated album from their discography!

RIP Neil Peart

Never listened to Rush much - not a fan of the style a whole from what I've heard of course, but I might check out some stuff.

I always found Neil Peart and Rush as a whole to be a tiny bit overrated in my personal opinion, but I cannot and will not ever deny the impact that Neil, Rush, and the talents associated with them had on the world as well as the music industry, including many of the people that I idolize. Most of those people idolized Neil, and I will never discount that. 

Such a phenomenal man and talent that we lost to cancer like so many others. RIP Neil; say hello to Vinnie Paul for us, and may your soul live on forever with this music!

• Love 1

Better late than never.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

I’ve always been meaning to listen to Rush outside of 2112. What do y’all recommend?

Moving Pictures, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Exit... Stage Left

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Depends on your musical preferences, Rush went through several phases where their sound changed pretty dramatically.

#1 - If you like classic rock:

- Their first self-titled album was pretty straight up Zeppelin/The Who worship. Decent enough record but Working Man is the only track I regularly revisit. This is also the only record they released before Neil joined so the drumming isn't quite so bombastic.

- 'Fly By Night', this is where they start to incorporate the prog rock elements to their sound but you can still feel their bluesy rock influence too.

#2 - If you like geeky sci-fi space epics:

- 'Caress of Steel' to 'Hemispheres', these four albums are when they were at their most progressive in terms of flashy playing and writing long compositions.

#3 - If you like the technical wizardry, but not the time commitment:

- 'Permanent Waves' and 'Moving Pictures', here the band started to streamline their songwriting into tighter compositions but still incorporated a lot of progressive elements like odd timing and technical playing at times. Geddy also started incorporating synthesizers into their sound during this time. This was when they reached the height of their mainstream popularity with songs like Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer.

#4 - If you like pop/pop rock:

- 'Signals' to 'Hold Your Fire', these four albums dropped the guitar driven approach in favor of more synth-heavy tracks and more typical verse/chorus song structures.

#5 - If you like it all

- 'Presto' and onward, in the later years of the band their music was a bit more of a mixed bag. They returned to a more guitar-driven sound on Presto more akin to the PW/MP era. The title track to 'Roll the Bones' features a tongue-in-cheek "rap" section. Some of their 90's stuff from 'Counterparts' to 'Vapor Trails' had a bit more of a contemporary sound, probably due, in part, to the emerging grunge scene. 'Snakes and Arrows' featured some folky instrumentation that they never really used before. And finally, 'Clockwork Angels' nodded to the past somewhat in that it's a steampunk-inspired concept record with a bit more of the technical playing of their early prog days married with their more contemporary sound.

That came out longer than originally intended, but I hope it helps any aspiring Rush fans!

• Upvote 3

RIP to the greatest drummer in rock history and one of the most underrated songwriters of our time. Neil, you're influences are heard on every style of music out there. Thank you for everything. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

I recommend (1998) Different Stages / Live  , you will get to know them pretty well by this live album. Its 3cd, with thr 3rd cd is from early days. great sound awseome songs, great singing. Go listen.

There is one live recording from Birmingham UK, the is a whole different era they went trough, experimenting with electronic drums, lots of synth, interesting compositions. Its is right before Show Of Hands live official album. They were on the Hold Your Fire tour. "RUSH - Live at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham (UK) 1988/04/21" 

If you find it, it is really good performance by those guys.

• Upvote 1

Only really ever listened to their earlier stuff but still.. RIP

Fuck man, this hurts. I grew up with these guys thanks to my father, when my older brother was tall enough to reach the stereo he'd put on the cd for Test For Echo every chance he got. Not every album of theirs is a favorite of mine but I thank them for kickstarting my musical culture. If I had to choose one album I think i'd go with Hemispheres (with Vapor Trails in close second).

• Love 1

jpUJCRq.gif

=8) Thanks !