serafina

Code Orange - Underneath (Single) (2020)

41 posts in this topic

well...it's not good, it's not bad...it's def a far cry from the Code Orange a lot of people liked. I give them props for doing what they want though. they took a cue from BMTH here without question...

Other Releases by

Not boring. Interesting. Band more unique now than they were, in spite of repeating the chorus twelve fukeing times. Some of the industrial stuff is fine, but the br00tal glitchy shit needs to go, and some of the legitimate hardcore needs to come back. Band could b great. Always have been almost great. 
Also director of the video should get some sort of award. Masterfully done. plus girl looks nice in it. would b interested. 

16 hours ago, IbanezPlayer124 said:

3 years and still sound like they got a loaf of bread in their mouth

lol true. especially the solitary clean verse. sounds like she can't sing at all. but somehow in chorus, she ends up carrying enough tune to make it work.  

I can't see anything about this on here so I'm gonna mention it. 

The entire video it seems Jami is not the drummer and there is one mic set up in the whole song.

Plus, at 4:20 it does not look like Jami behind the kit, almost as if this is the band's way of announcing the change as they opened the door to some fake Jami?

Has Jami become the frontman?

It seems like this video is littered with hints about this? Like Jami glitching during the chorus.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the 'burned guy' they seemingly leave behind is wearing the same clothes as Jami. He certainly glitches like Jami.

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 18.32.06.png

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 18.32.47.png

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 18.35.17.png

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 18.36.28.png

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 18.37.55.png

Cue the "WE WANTED MORE FOREVER" comments.  It took me 5 or so listens to get a taste for it but this shit fucks, pushing Bleeding into the Blur even farther and the segue halfway through nearly made me slam my fist through my desk in happiness.  Reba has such a gorgeous voice, glad they're showcasing her more.  This was already a pre-order regardless, but this shit sounds promising.

Kingdom Leaks' favourite bands to circlejerk over: Movements, Periphery, Polaris, Architects, Knuckle Puck, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Our Last Night, Dance Gavin Dance and Norma Jean.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:26 PM, serafina said:

i've only heard I AM KING which i wasn't huge on, but this was alright. it seems like the obligatory semi-accessible title track/closer. Reba's vocals are easily the best part for me tho

i'll probably check out FOREVER soon because i liked what i heard of "Bleeding in the Blur".

Nail down everything in your fucking house, especially when Real, Spy and Kill The Creator come on.

Kingdom Leaks' favourite bands to circlejerk over: Movements, Periphery, Polaris, Architects, Knuckle Puck, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Our Last Night, Dance Gavin Dance and Norma Jean.

album/track lengths (from google play)

Spoiler

9ecben1um1a41.jpg

(47:14)

On 1/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, xMXUx said:

Was hoping for more heavy stuff, but sounds about the way I expected it. Just hope they're finally coming back to Europe for a proper headline run in some small(ish) venues

They did that already I saw them in a 100 cap room a few years back lol

Actually never mind it was a Trivium side show

Love the track. Catchy as all hell and will no doubt be stuck in my head for weeks. Band hasn't had a single bad release since before 2012.

5 hours ago, Summers said:

They did that already I saw them in a 100 cap room a few years back lol

Actually never mind it was a Trivium side show

Saw them the year before when they did some side shows on the Gojira and later System Of A Down tour. But I think it's time for them to do a full on headline tour over here

Song is decent, getting some Erase Me vibes from it which isn't a bad thing since I'm probably one of the few people who liked that album lmao