Summers

Lorna Shore - King Ov Deception (Single) (2020)

31 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

THIS IS THE YEAR I WILL ACTUALLY LIFT A HOUSE
THANKS

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This band's last singles have been my favourite tracks of 18-19. This  is so good, they aren't repetitive but they are all equally good, amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best single from this album so far, funny that CJ will see 0 cents from this hahahaha

  • Love 2
  • Downvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this made me crowdkill myself

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

Best single from this album so far, funny that CJ will see 0 cents from this hahahaha

What exactly makes you think that? Regardless of whether they want to or not, they LEGALLY have to pay him his royalties for his work on this album.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

What exactly makes you think that? Regardless of whether they want to or not, they LEGALLY have to pay him his royalties for his work on this album.

What makes you think they do? The label owns the music more then he does, and unless either of us know what the exact contract looks like we BOTH don't know for sure. I would assume they don't have to pay him shit if he's not under contract anymore. Look at Taylor Swift for example, and if someone as massive as her can't even get the rights to her old music anymore, I highly doubt CJ Mcreery can do anything against Lorna's label. It's safe to assume the contract is null and void for CJ at this point though.....

ALSO: I think the band would have re-recorded the entire album if he were making any money off this one...

  • Upvote 4

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Separate the art from the artist, I can't fucking wait for this and my bundle better get here goddamn quick.

  • Upvote 2

Kingdom Leaks' favourite bands to circlejerk over: Movements, Periphery, Polaris, Architects, Knuckle Puck, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Our Last Night, Dance Gavin Dance and Norma Jean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BecameTheCatalyst said:

Separate the art from the artist, I can't fucking wait for this and my bundle better get here goddamn quick.

i mean the band have done a pretty good job of separating the artist too 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhantomFear said:

Best single from this album so far, funny that CJ will see 0 cents from this hahahaha


I would assume CJ will still see royalties for using his voice/lyrics. Royalties for a band like this isn't much... so it likely wasn't worth the price it would cost to re-write/re-record vocals for the album and delay the album even further. Give CJ his pennies and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOOOONG POST INCOMING

 

“Lorna Shore wants to take a moment to thank all our fans and the metal community for all of your support while we have been dealing with the aftermath of our recent decision to move forward without CJ McCreery on vocals.

 

Today, we are announcing that we, in conjunction with the understanding and incredibly supportive people at Century Media Records, have made the decision to release our new album, ‘Immortal‘ on January 31, 2020 as planned. The decision was something we did not take lightly. We have already begun the search for a new vocalist, and we have EVERY INTENTION to continue Lorna Shore stronger than ever.

 

Our fans and the metal community have been extremely patient through multiple delays surrounding this album. You’ve waited long enough. It makes no sense to scrap or revise the record with new vocals, which was a feeling shared by both the band and label.

 

So to be clear – Lorna Shore is all systems go. We will have further announcements regarding a new vocalist as soon as possible. Europe/UK tour with Decapitated is happening. Don’t believe anything you hear unless you hear it from us. We won’t let you down.

 

–Adam DeMicco, Austin Archey and Andrew O’Connor“

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Kingdom Leaks' favourite bands to circlejerk over: Movements, Periphery, Polaris, Architects, Knuckle Puck, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Our Last Night, Dance Gavin Dance and Norma Jean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jbellaire said:


I would assume CJ will still see royalties for using his voice/lyrics. Royalties for a band like this isn't much... so it likely wasn't worth the price it would cost to re-write/re-record vocals for the album and delay the album even further.

Maybe, I'm optimistic that he's not though. I don't think I'd be comfortable releasing something that would be tainted like that, even more so if he's getting paid. I feel like if the contract is broken they won't have to pay him at all. According to the bandmates gf (I know thats not too credible to go off of lol) but she was saying he's not seeing a penny from it. 

  • Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

Maybe, I'm optimistic that he's not though. I don't think I'd be comfortable releasing something that would be tainted like that, even more so if he's getting paid. I feel like if the contract is broken they won't have to pay him at all. According to the bandmates gf (I know thats not too credible to go off of lol) but she was saying he's not seeing a penny from it. 

 

I hope you are right obviously. This is clearly all speculation. I would think IF CJ wrote these lyrics he would have a good case in court to still get royalties. Seems easier to just give him his cut than deal with quickly finding a new vocalist/money it would take to re-work vocals on the album/hit the band would take delaying the album further/avoid lawsuits. Either way, if he does see any money from this release, it will be very little.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jbellaire said:

 

I hope you are right obviously. This is clearly all speculation. I would think IF CJ wrote these lyrics he would have a good case in court to still get royalties. Seems easier to just give him his cut than deal with quickly finding a new vocalist/money it would take to re-work vocals on the album/hit the band would take delaying the album further/avoid lawsuits. Either way, if he does see any money from this release, it will be very little.

Yeah can't know for certain unless they disclose the fine print. Either way, hyped for the release, and hyped they are not giving up, they're too talented to give up on it


http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these riffs are too good. every single they've released is pure gold. this album is going to be too goddamn good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God Damn. That shit was F I L T H Y


 

 

 

giphy (2).gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The singles they dropped is some of the best more "traditional" deathcore of recent years. Shame that shit happened and they probably have no money and other means to roll back the album release to re-record and repress, etc.


let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@desk the album will be released as is, with Cjs vocals, so they dont lose so much money, cds and vinyls have already been made for the album, if they went back and redid everything vocally then theyd be losing even more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaddyMac said:

@desk the album will be released as is, with Cjs vocals, so they dont lose so much money, cds and vinyls have already been made for the album, if they went back and redid everything vocally then theyd be losing even more money.

that's literally what I said tho :D I mean I knew that they're rolling the album out with no changes/push-backs.


let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhantomFear said:

What makes you think they do? The label owns the music more then he does, and unless either of us know what the exact contract looks like we BOTH don't know for sure. I would assume they don't have to pay him shit if he's not under contract anymore. Look at Taylor Swift for example, and if someone as massive as her can't even get the rights to her old music anymore, I highly doubt CJ Mcreery can do anything against Lorna's label. It's safe to assume the contract is null and void for CJ at this point though.....

ALSO: I think the band would have re-recorded the entire album if he were making any money off this one...

You realize that's not how it works right ? They can't have CJ or anybody contractually sign away royalties for his work he's hired to do. That's like if you went into work and didn't get paid.

What you are suggesting they could do is literally illegal. CJ could sue the fuck out of the record label.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, invaderhemp said:

You realize that's not how it works right ? They can't have CJ or anybody contractually sign away royalties for his work he's hired to do. That's like if you went into work and didn't get paid.

What you are suggesting they could do is literally illegal. CJ could sue the fuck out of the record label.


Here's an article on how artist's rights get trampled on by labels:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/business/taylor-swift-rights-trnd/index.html

Actually, you're wrong in some cases, happens more often then you'd think. When labels dish out loans to get a record made they usually own it more then you. And they 100% can withhold royalties if he breaches his contract with the label, or if the contract is terminated entirely, or they made a severance agreement.

He can go ahead and sue the fuck out of a label sure, but in the end after all of the legal fees built up for the lawyer, he would wind up paying more money for lawyer fees then he would have ever made in royalties. Businesses, especially record labels, can put anyone suing them into a legal choke hold so to speak. All they need to do is make the process as long as possible, and then it just adds up on CJ's side until he literally cannot afford a lawyer anymore. And it's probably safe to say, he's not rich so he would lose, settle, and call it a day losing more money then he would have ever made. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything but this DOES happen, and many artists can get fucked over because of fine print in contracts. Sometimes theres payouts to terminate the association entirely, sometimes their can be a moral clause in the fine print. Maybe they made an agreement with CJ where he does not have to worry about payment on the loan to get the record made if he forfeits royalties? Neither of us can know for sure unless we read the contract. Could he be getting money, sure, but I honestly doubt it. People don't get paid for work completed all the time, and in more industries then just music and it is something that breaks bands, small businesses, etc...

Also, one of the band member's GF said he's not seeing a penny from the album, I don't think she would just start spreading a rumor like that if it wasn't true. 

There's so much fine print (from what I know) in contracts with labels, so many little loopholes here and there. You'd be very very surprised.



 

  • Upvote 2

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:


Here's an article on how artist's rights get trampled on by labels:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/business/taylor-swift-rights-trnd/index.html

Actually, you're wrong in some cases, happens more often then you'd think. When labels dish out loans to get a record made they usually own it more then you. And they 100% can withhold royalties if he breaches his contract with the label, or if the contract is terminated entirely, or they made a severance agreement.

He can go ahead and sue the fuck out of a label sure, but in the end after all of the legal fees built up for the lawyer, he would wind up paying more money for lawyer fees then he would have ever made in royalties. Businesses, especially record labels, can put anyone suing them into a legal choke hold so to speak. All they need to do is make the process as long as possible, and then it just adds up on CJ's side until he literally cannot afford a lawyer anymore. And it's probably safe to say, he's not rich so he would lose, settle, and call it a day losing more money then he would have ever made. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything but this DOES happen, and many artists can get fucked over because of fine print in contracts. Sometimes theres payouts to terminate the association entirely, sometimes their can be a moral clause in the fine print. Maybe they made an agreement with CJ where he does not have to worry about payment on the loan to get the record made if he forfeits royalties? Neither of us can know for sure unless we read the contract. Could he be getting money, sure, but I honestly doubt it. People don't get paid for work completed all the time, and in more industries then just music and it is something that breaks bands, small businesses, etc...

Also, one of the band member's GF said he's not seeing a penny from the album, I don't think she would just start spreading a rumor like that if it wasn't true. 

There's so much fine print (from what I know) in contracts with labels, so many little loopholes here and there. You'd be very very surprised.



 

One more thing to add. I wouldn't doubt it if they had an agreement where he wouldn't have to pay recording advances if he forfeits rights to royalties. Wouldn't even make much off album royalties anyway....


http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks what happened with CJ but what can ya do? Thanks for posting.


 

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A+ leads in the chorus, will listen to over and over again.

 

And goddamn, that breakdown is just fucking stupid brutal. I love it.


The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never tried listening to this band before but this single is pretty great, shame I have to get into them after all that.... stuff happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ima wait for the album. I'm sure this'll be dumb brutal though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I hear are the cries of underage girls getting pissed on. 0/10

  • Haha 1

PSP JEsus.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.