NieR:Automata™

Loathe - Two-Way Mirror [Single] (2020)

37 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

shoegaze with loathe tones i love it

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the boys have done it again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never gotten into Loathe, but this is pretty tight.


http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fucking A+. Just as good as their usual heavy sound. They nail shoegaze pretty well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I hope there are more songs like this one. The contrast between their heavy sound and this is so perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tfw this is a heavy Citizen song :wub: I like it a lot, and I know i especially will within the context of the album as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently hardcore bands idea of "trying something new" is writing songs that sound like Deftones. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn this change of style, and it fits pretty well. Much different from what they use to do and i love it.


tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOATHE AS ONE

  • Love 2

 

Creak - Recluse

 

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

 

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loathe is something special. great stuff as always from these guys.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back again to say this really sounds like Teenage Wrist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great.


 

 

 

giphy (2).gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something else, this is incredibly beautiful

Very different and very interesting song

Loathe is still surprising us

 

LOATHE AS ONE


623644007_mteymkopia.png.f67b48df2e7d09742e33a5522d9ccc07.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jbellaire said:

Apparently hardcore bands idea of "trying something new" is writing songs that sound like Deftones. 

they have always had a heavy deftones influence lol

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super excited for the album, especially with this release, expressing how versatile it really could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 100%Lamp said:

they have always had a heavy deftones influence lol

Right. Deftones elements are nothing new for Loathe. They are also inspired by Akira Yamaoka music (Silent Hill soundtrack), and that's what really makes this band unique for me.

Haven't heard this song yet, but i bet it's 100% clean vocals, after reading comments here. Gonna wait for the full album.

  • Upvote 1

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shoegazy af. love it. get this album in me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday Night Wrist as fuck. So excited for this being my first Loathe album to check out.

  • Upvote 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will only state this because I want to know if someone else feels the same.
Premise: Yes I know that I listen to objectively shitty music, thats not what we're talking about
Question: Am I the only one who doesnt like Deftones ? Like, I find they super boring xD
Synthesis: I quite like this

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DekinhoDesu said:

I will only state this because I want to know if someone else feels the same.
Premise: Yes I know that I listen to objectively shitty music, thats not what we're talking about
Question: Am I the only one who doesnt like Deftones ? Like, I find they super boring xD
Synthesis: I quite like this

LOATHE AS ONE BITCH

  • Haha 1

623644007_mteymkopia.png.f67b48df2e7d09742e33a5522d9ccc07.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this song is deftony as fuck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

I will only state this because I want to know if someone else feels the same.
Premise: Yes I know that I listen to objectively shitty music, thats not what we're talking about
Question: Am I the only one who doesnt like Deftones ? Like, I find they super boring xD
Synthesis: I quite like this

 

11 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

I will only state this because I want to know if someone else feels the same.
Premise: Yes I know that I listen to objectively shitty music, thats not what we're talking about
Question: Am I the only one who doesnt like Deftones ? Like, I find they super boring xD
Synthesis: I quite like this

@DekinhoDesu I'm with you, to me Deftones are pretty overrated, they are decent at best.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys have their own sound. But I swear whatever they try sounds good. This itself is so easy going, melancholically catchy. Amazing

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2:23 is big nut time


Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS IS IT BOYS. I am glad they made a full deftones styled song holy shiiiiiiiit. Been waiting since they releases those two singles a while back and one had DT vibes. Love these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maagg said:

Right. Deftones elements are nothing new for Loathe. They are also inspired by Akira Yamaoka music (Silent Hill soundtrack), and that's what really makes this band unique for me.

Haven't heard this song yet, but i bet it's 100% clean vocals, after reading comments here. Gonna wait for the full album.

Any evidence of the Akira Yamaoka influence? I mean I know they sound like it with the weird shit (especially the intro or the interlude from the new album where its just some voice saying 'i let it in and it took everything' that they have live) but do the band ever say this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cam979 said:

Any evidence of the Akira Yamaoka influence? I mean I know they sound like it with the weird shit (especially the intro or the interlude from the new album where its just some voice saying 'i let it in and it took everything' that they have live) but do the band ever say this?

They did "Ask Us Anything" on reddit some time ago. You can google it if you want. 

One dude asked what inspires their atmospheric sound the most and they responded with:

 

"Mainly movie soundtracks or video game soundtracks, most notably - Silent Hill 2, Akira, It Follows, Bladerunner." 

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jbellaire said:

Apparently hardcore bands idea of "trying something new" is writing songs that sound like Deftones. 

works tho

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maagg said:

They did "Ask Us Anything" on reddit some time ago. You can google it if you want. 

One dude asked what inspires their atmospheric sound the most and they responded with:

  

"Mainly movie soundtracks or video game soundtracks, most notably - Silent Hill 2, Akira, It Follows, Bladerunner." 

Damn. SH2 still stands out to me as one of the best games of all time. The reprise piano song that plays when that girl is burning is fucked.

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.