Summers

The Word Alive - Monomania (Single) (2020)

32 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Is the word Mania the new "Empire" of this year?

• Upvote 4

Sigh. I have conflicted thoughts on this. Not looking forward to the album though. This is definitely better than most of the last album though. 

First song was awful though.

this sounds like Haven't Been Myself-era TCTT but without the overt melancholy elements (which is actually my favourite part of TCTT so idk but this is alright ig) 

breakdown isn't very good at all, even if Telle sounds fine, it just sounds super phoned in

I miss Dark Matter

• Upvote 5

pretty forgettable

• Upvote 1

I like it even though it's a far cry from bangers like Trapped. Telle's vocal performance is spectacular as always, even if he doesn't flash his uncleans much, the slight spacey synths and the atmospheric parts are really enjoyable, feels like a much more serious and well developed song than Burning Your World. Would be nice if the rest of the album wasn't filler filled but that's hardly likely at this point.

• Upvote 4

This is such fun and catchy song, I really like this a lot

• Upvote 2

I find it ok, could blend very well in the rest of the album

• Upvote 1

I'm definitely into this. I wasn't the greatest fan of Violent Noise since there was plenty of forgettable songs on the record. Dark Matter was meh but I've enjoyed Burning your world down and this song slaps. Erik Ron definitely helped develop the band in a great way.

Nothing but horrible, by the numbers butt rock complete with its own 8-5-0 chord progression and an I Will Not Bow-rip off guitar riff. Not even that atrociously anti climactic breakdown could save this. The fuck happened to this band. At least Telle is still talented. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

the Sempiternal B-Side we never got to hear <3 

Thank you Oli <3 

• Confused 1

Remember how dynamic this band used to be. 

• Upvote 6

I like it more then most of the last album for sure

Not amazing but not bad. I like it way more than the first song

As a bit of an outsider, someone who’s never been a fan of this band besides 4 or 5 tracks over the last ten years, this song and the last song are both incredible imo

TWA are definitely on my map for now, super excited for the album

Its ok. Cant wait for the album. Liked the last single more.

so is that the new album cover and track list?? whats the release date?!   New album out feb 21 Excited its so close!! anyway this song is way better than the first one. They always have some great deep cuts each record. Really intrigued to hear misery 2. One thing tho, as much as im diggin this song they freakin LOVE that chord progression!

Deceiver is still to this day my most played album. Sadly I don't see this album changing that in the slightest. The single is alright, I mean I do like the screams towards the end are great, but the music itself? It doesn't feel dynamic, it feels flat. This whole song feels like a band that's trying too hard and not trying at all at the same time and that doesn't even make sense! I'll probably do what I did with their last album when this one comes out. Play it every day for about a month and then NEVER bother with it again. 

• Upvote 1

Best song they've released since "dark matter" 

3 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

Deceiver is still to this day my most played album. Sadly I don't see this album changing that in the slightest. The single is alright, I mean I do like the screams towards the end are great, but the music itself? It doesn't feel dynamic, it feels flat. This whole song feels like a band that's trying too hard and not trying at all at the same time and that doesn't even make sense! I'll probably do what I did with their last album when this one comes out. Play it every day for about a month and then NEVER bother with it again. 

I do agree. Dark matter even though being way more formulaic still had way better dynamics and the songs were just fun to listen to. It started the last record with the u2 song. Than burning your world down came and god damn that song is just so boring. It does surprise me they talk like the new music is on another level when it just sounds like inferior, boring radio rock. Im happy the band is happy tho and Im positive I will end up loving a lot of monomania as I did with VN. 

• Upvote 1

Loved the last CD but wasn't really feeling this one. It feels super repetitive... But I mean I can see why others would like it!
I like Burning Your World Down a lot more and hope we get more akin to that for the album honestly. 
I will say tho the lyrics are pretty damn good. Thats one thing I can always count on in terms of TWA.

The Word Alive - Monomania 2/21. 12 tracks.

Telle sounds amazing

Tracklist:

MONOMANIA

3:58
NO WAY OUT
  3:35
SEARCHING FOR GLORY
  3:36
ANOTHER YEAR IN THE SHADOWS
  3:33
GREATEST ALMOST
  3:52
THANK YOU
  3:18
NUMB LOVE (MISERY II)
  3:52
K.F.
  4:15
BURNING YOUR WORLD DOWN

3:27
COMFORT & CHAOS
  3:48
I'M SORRY YOU'RE SORRY NOW
  3:18
DEATH IS ONLY THE END IF YOU ASSUME THE STORY IS ABOUT YOU

Edit:

Now that I've let it sink in and I've had some time to think, this is a good song. Not groundbreaking but enjoyable. Telle carries this song now because the instrumentals are kinda flat since they've taken on this AMO cover band style. The breakdown was not needed imo.  

6/10

Really cool guys and I am excited for the album. These guys can produce some really great stuff and also some average stuff. Glad they're still around.

Think I prefer burning your world down and it's important to say this is nowehre near as good of an opener as the openers on the last two LPs

• Upvote 1

Thats a nicd song, not like Burning Your World Down but its good!!!!!

It's pretty sad what happened to these guys. This is basically cringe for me, sounds so forced. Who is the drummer now ? Drums absolutely killed the mood for me, so boring
Guitar work is good and Telle sounds even better than before, but it simply does not work for me. As  @Smash_Adams said, remember how dynamic this band used to be ?

• Upvote 2

uuugggghhhh...... I'm officially tired of this band. This band thinks too highly of themselves making shit-ass music, especially when they know they have the chops to make something great, but they lazy as fuck now.

• Upvote 3

I like this a lot

Dope single!

First single was alright at best, this is pretty good. Considering Violent Noise had stellar singles and still ended up being bad I dont have any hopes for this album tho

Pretty sure this bands prime ended with Dark Matter and the 2 songs after it

• Upvote 1