Summers

Asking Alexandria - LP5 DLX (2019)

34 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

i wish they named it self titled deluxe or something lol

There is no use for a deluxe edition if it is to put remixes like this. The demo of Rise Up is the only "fresh" thing

• Upvote 7

The label really wants to milk this album for all it's worth, regardless the rock version of Vultures and the Rise Up demo are pretty cool 

• Upvote 1

Vultures (Rock Version) - not  really needed. I really love the original Vultures bc it's so dark with the acoustic guitars and Danny's voice. The extra instruments I feel kind of take something away from the song.

Where Did It Go? (Hyro Mash Up) - "let's just re-release this song with a shitty rap feature." Seems like they didn't learn from Empire ?

Perfect (Live From Sirius XM) - best new thing from this deluxe. I always liked this more than Ed Sheeran's version and I'm really glad to see it released

Rise Up (Demo) - I don't really care for this. Not bad, but I'd take the original over this one

Alone In A Room (Acoustic) - amazing acoustic. I adore the original song but this is just as great. My only issue isn't with the song itself, but with AA. Why the hell didn't they put the acoustic Into The Fire on here? Or digitally release Explicit? 

Alone In A Room (Dex Luthor Remix) - No.

• Upvote 1

keep it

• Upvote 2

i am a pure juicer kingdom leaks user

Not too much new addition to the album, but I am ok. The rock version of Vultures is pretty good and the demo of Rise Up seems pretty nice aswell. The remixes are decent at the very best and don't care much about acoustic AIAR and the Ed cover. Overall, an solid addition I guess. 

Album in general however was cool.

• Upvote 2

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

What a cop out, if their next LP is as disappointing I'm probably not going to have the will to care. 

• Upvote 3

If that unreleased song and into the fire acoustic wouldve been included, you may have had something. The demo of Rise Up is better than the album version tho imo.

Nowadays they are just like "lets try literally every genre except the genre we started on" and it hurts.

• Upvote 4

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

I don't get whats going on here.  They've been saying their new album has been done for a while.  Why bother to release this?  They didn't even add all the acoustic versions they've done since it came out.  Really annoying.  The Ed cover is very good, and rock version of Vultures is cool too....but I would never pay for a full album I already have for those.

In fact, is anyone actually spending money on these deluxe editions after they'be bought the original when it came out?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

I don't get whats going on here.  They've been saying their new album has been done for a while.  Why bother to release this?  They didn't even add all the acoustic versions they've done since it came out.  Really annoying.  The Ed cover is very good, and rock version of Vultures is cool too....but I would never pay for a full album I already have for those.

In fact, is anyone actually spending money on these deluxe editions after they'be bought the original when it came out?

Fuck no. If it actually had good songs on it maybe but it doesnt.

Just now, DisturbedOne said:

Fuck no. If it actually had good songs on it maybe but it doesnt.

Lol.  Even if they added 4 new songs and they were all good, im still not buying an album twice.  EVER!  It was that greedy shit that made downloading music so popular back in the day.  Now i guess with the streaming services, the record companies feel safe to do it again.....cause it seems eeeeevery album gets a deluxe edition a year later.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nineball4444 said:

Lol.  Even if they added 4 new songs and they were all good, im still not buying an album twice.  EVER!  It was that greedy shit that made downloading music so popular back in the day.  Now i guess with the streaming services, the record companies feel safe to do it again.....cause it seems eeeeevery album gets a deluxe edition a year later.  

Thats true

this band became completely boring after the return of danny, it feels like the band didn't end because is the only way to some members earn money

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

tssf.jpg

I just love absolutely useless deluxe versions. I liked the album quite a lot but man nobody asked for this.

• Upvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Yeah aside from the Rise Up Demo this is useless. The demo also proves that the producer and mixing engineer completely botched what this album could've been. 

• Upvote 1

If you go to the into the fire radio edit Xplicit isn't even there on this "Deluxe" version of the album if you could even call it that. the best things on this were the Rise Up demo and the rock version on Vultures. and lets be honest the "political reasons" their new LP was delayed was because the label wanted to release this instead of letting AA put out a new single. this is just abunch of their remixed and a radio cover of perfect by Ed Sheeran. Sumerian Records needs to stop milking Asking Alexandria's music they've been putting out shitty remixes since Stand Up and Scream.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rxchvrd said:

this band became completely boring after the return of danny, it feels like the band didn't end because is the only way to some members earn money

I have to agree except I think alone in a room and hopelessly hopeful are god-tier songs. Everything else is meh to bad

20200608_180043.png

4 hours ago, JessSkull said:

If you go to the into the fire radio edit Xplicit isn't even there on this "Deluxe" version of the album if you could even call it that. the best things on this were the Rise Up demo and the rock version on Vultures. and lets be honest the "political reasons" their new LP was delayed was because the label wanted to release this instead of letting AA put out a new single. this is just abunch of their remixed and a radio cover of perfect by Ed Sheeran. Sumerian Records needs to stop milking Asking Alexandria's music they've been putting out shitty remixes since Stand Up and Scream.

Stepped up and Scratched is pretty awesome IMO, the only remixes that I like

Man, if I'm ever a skeptical/picky person about bands, this has to be my start. I loved Danny as a person, he is one of the generous and honorable people in metal today. I did enjoy his solo albums, and collaborations. I get a little excited when some bands when some people I like are featured in a song off of their album. It's just me, im like BRO NO WAY. 

I always find their renditions of hard rock/metalcore mashups to be very intriguing. There has been some ups and downs about the bands replacements, and I can not forgive Denis for using this band for reputation. 

This deluxe, however, is not what I would expect after 2 years, I like to call it a oh shit my project is due tomorrow and I waited last minute. Maybe they are enjoyable, maybe not, I dont know. So of course im gonna keep it. But I have no idea about lp6. It's a nice concept, yeah, but... really? They're kinda going downhill by how they represent their work nowadays, I do hope it's worth the wait. Props to all the members of Asking Alexandria for making music how they want. Lets not label a band based on one sound, you gotta dig deeper and find its core. Glad to come and be back on this album again. Thank you KL!

love the lyrics to Under Denver. such an interesting and controversial topic.

'the fourth will watch over you' to me could refer to the fourth dimension -- higher entities/God(s) -- watch over us.

'sleep and you'll know the truth' could refer to dreaming and accessing higher dimensions through DMT in our brains

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

On 12/27/2019 at 1:13 AM, Medusa said:

Stepped up and Scratched is pretty awesome IMO, the only remixes that I like

i fucking HATED the final episode remix it makes my ears bleed.

13 minutes ago, JessSkull said:

i fucking HATED the final episode remix it makes my ears bleed.

The remixes of Dear Insanity & Another Bottle Down are just *PERFECT*