Summers

The Acacia Strain - It Comes in Waves (2019)

54 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Its here boys and giels rejoice the spßirit of christmas hell fuckin yeah

• Upvote 2

Honestly this shit has easily their best production yet, sounds so god damn doomy and dark too, but not overbearingly so, plus it really speeds the fuck up and changes shit up when necessary. Actually getting some FFAA and post-metal vibes from this as well. I genuinely would get bored of their albums halfway through but this is genuinely fucking great.

• Upvote 6

I know someone said they didn’t want this to be focused on the atmospheric side, but they pulled it off super fucking well. I had a feeling this would be a banger 

• Upvote 2

Sounds awesome on first listen. Album has the more atmospheric Acacia Strain sound, no verse-chorus-verse song structures and like the song titles suggest, these songs connect into each other very fluidly. Definitely getting some Fit For An Autopsy and Gojira similarities as well. Really happy one of my favorite Metalcore acts aren't becoming stagnant any time soon and can release quality material like this. Instantly makes my Christmas!

Makes me wonder what will album #2 have in store for us...

Holy shit!! Christmas about to end in my country and it's nice to see a great gift before the day ends. Thanks KL fam 😊😊

'Was' is pure Gojira and it's brilliant.

• Upvote 2

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Eat my ass and call me sally WHAT

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

ITS TIME TO SHIT MY PANTS 

No, seriously, you're going to defecate everywhere. Better lay down plastic in the room you're currently listening to this album in.

• Haha 1

Okay, wow I hate that this had to leak on Christmas LMFAO. I can’t listen to it until like 14 hours from now and I’m salty as fuck about it. All I got to hear was the beginning of the first track and my fucking god dude. The hype is through the roof. 

Anyone wanna do me a solid and do an in depth recap of the album so I can know what to expect tonight? 

• Upvote 3

never listened to these guys but the hype is real so I guess this album will be the one to pop my new head phone's cherry

• Love 1

Christmas just got turnt the fuck up

These boys should do a run with Whitechapel....they seem to be crossing similar territory from their latest releases. What a sick show that would be!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Makes me wonder what will album #2 have in store for us...

Wait, what.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This and Silent Planet's release on Friday are good closers for this year

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, NeverStopThis said:

Wait, what.

It’s been pretty heavily rumored there’s another album coming out after this one, not sure if there’s a time table on the release 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, definedme08 said:

Slant plant releasing something on Friday?? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, definedme08 said:

Silent planet got a new album coming out Friday? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

Slant plant releasing something on Friday?? 

10 minutes ago, Andydobson12 said:

Silent planet got a new album coming out Friday? 

It has been rumored that Silent Planet are going to release a re-recording of their debut full-length, The Night God Slept. I would have preferred a new album, as I thought When The End Began was easily their best album to date, but I can't complain, either way.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, ImJoiningACult said:

It’s been pretty heavily rumored there’s another album coming out after this one, not sure if there’s a time table on the release 

Fucking awesome. 7 songs didn't seem right for 2.5 years for them.

• Upvote 1

very good album and the fact that they released it out of nowhere makes it even better. i really hope that the rumor about a second album is real because this really really good.

• Upvote 1

Hell yes this is so awesome. Digging how evil this sounds.

FLAC added!

• Upvote 2

It definitely looks like this is going to be a two album series. While not every band that records two albums worth a material are going to release all of it, from what I gather from the dudes from The Acacia Strain's Twitters, they're going to do it. Plus, I doubt an album which showcases the band's more atmospheric side and is only a little over thirty minutes long is going to be their only release for the album cycle. I have a feeling the second album is going to be a more banger filled one, with more jams like "Plague Doctor" and "Bitter Pill."

Finally, they put out something good! For someone who has never enjoyed this bands style, i dig this little ep glad theyve grown up

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

It definitely looks like this is going to be a two album series. While not every band that records two albums worth a material are going to release all of it, from what I gather from the dudes from The Acacia Strain's Twitters, they're going to do it. Plus, I doubt an album which showcases the band's more atmospheric side and is only a little over thirty minutes long is going to be their only release for the album cycle. I have a feeling the second album is going to be a more banger filled one, with more jams like "Plague Doctor" and "Bitter Pill."

What on their Twitter has indicated a second album? Not doubting because I heard the same rumors, I just don’t have Twitter and it’s a pain to navigate without an account sometimes