Summers

Bilmuri - RICH SIPS (2019)

23 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

He never fails to please me with any of his music. Seriously he is unable to write in bad chorus. And I'm quite happy that the Tillian feature wasn't a joke like the Caleb one.

This is super cool. Awesome to see a heavier side more on this project. I'm guessing Johnny won't be dealing with his other project anymore? (The March Ahead) I hope he continues making heavy sounding Bilmuri music. The uncleans on the past few releases have been a great addition.

@Zephyr Sunrise according to his Instagram hes working on a new March ahead album

Just now, Zephyr Sunrise said:

This is super cool. Awesome to see a heavier side more on this project. I'm guessing Johnny won't be dealing with his other project anymore? (The March Ahead) I hope he continues making heavy sounding Bilmuri music. The uncleans on the past few releases have been a great addition.

• Love 3

last few releases were sleepers, but this is a return to form. good stuff.

@Willswansnipple I really liked the last March Ahead EP he did. I know early this year he said he was putting his main focus on Bilmuri seeing as though it's getting the most attention from fans. 

Happy to hear that he hasn't shelved his other projects just yet.

• Upvote 2

I actually really like this project's more mellow side, but this is dope too. Also, track 4... did this man just title a song after a Star Wars prequel quote?? Fucking legend.

• Upvote 3

Can't decide if I like this or Wet Milk better. Either way bilmuri has been one of my favorite artists of the year. Themuriwiththehumanhair is one of the coolest crossovers I've seen this year. The Caleb Shomo feature is also fantastic, an astounding vocal performance from him.

• Haha 1

20200902_221303.jpg

10 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

I actually really like this project's more mellow side, but this is dope too. Also, track 4... did this man just title a song after a Star Wars prequel quote?? Fucking legend.

After he's been doing the most random shit possible in the last few years with his naming conventions and marketing this shouldn't impress you whatsoever :D I love the little elements to his music like he sings "Sometimes I just can't stand up" and then uses this fucking audio sample right after :D

Pretty sure 80/20SkyBeef is also some satirical take on 21st decade's obsession with productivity and entrepreneurship hence the 80/20 principle and SkyBeef absurdity.

Either way, very solid tunes this time around, he knows how to mix electronic layers very well.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

3 hours ago, sfmikica said:

No Thanks

WYv5vZr.gif

20 hours ago, Willswansnipple said:

@Zephyr Sunrise according to his Instagram hes working on a new March ahead album

He talked about it on the scene daddy podcast, which was the only episode of that show I've listened to. That interviewer is obnoxious.

• Upvote 1

20200902_221303.jpg

I love this guy but all his songs souns the same

• Downvote 2

I think if you look at it like this, He puts out 2 records a year at least. Those two albums are usually in the same sound. But Taco is way different then this, more lofi-midwest. And then Banana and Solid Chub were straight Electronic inspired albums. Then Frame and everything before that was more in the Post hardcore with just little glimpses of what was to come.

I definitely see similarities but when you stack his entire discography together, it kinda makes sense as far as evolution. And literally only in less than 4 years which is crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

I love this guy but all his songs souns the same

souns

• Upvote 3

20200902_221303.jpg

On 12/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, DudeManDudeBro said:

He never fails to please me with any of his music. Seriously he is unable to write in bad chorus. And I'm quite happy that the Tillian feature wasn't a joke like the Caleb one.

so that isn't Shomo doing the screamed verse towards the end of the song?

I’m always left wanting more it seems, mostly because his albums now-a-days are always short.

Another solid album, happy he dropped a couple heavier things in here compared to his last 2. 

One of, if not the, most consistent artist I’ve ever seen.

Heres another year filled with more Bilmuri tunes.

• Upvote 4

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Keep reading this as “Bilmuri - RICH CHIGGA” whenever it pops up in the chatbox lol

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

so that isn't Shomo doing the screamed verse towards the end of the song?

Unfortunately no. Those are definitely Johnny's screams. That's what I think makes Caleb talking at the end when funnier. That's the only "vocal" part ?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DudeManDudeBro said:

Unfortunately no. Those are definitely Johnny's screams. That's what I think makes Caleb talking at the end when funnier. That's the only "vocal" part ?

Ahhh okay. Still a great track for sure

• Upvote 1